Hu6280 1.03 Out!!

volume control works fine for me and the volume seems loud enough for me.

i don't understand the ini based control setup though as i don't know which buttons correspond to the different numbers.

great release, looking forward to savestate support as from the poll that seems like what will be added next.

I like the idea of a ini file approach. It's probably much easier to code than a full settings menu. I don't see the approach causing a massive problem for most people here so long as the readme explains all the variables and the defaults are somthing sensible for people who like to pick up and play.. Thanks for the update Vobbo!

looking forward to savestate support as from the poll that seems like what will be added next.

Na, sadly it looks like CD-rom support has topped the list :(
I think save states are very important, because hand helds by their nature are perfect for short games at any time... but something like Devil Crush (which I just found and is fantastic) can take an hour for a single game. I find there are a ton of games that I'm wanting to play, but cant put aside the 2-4 hours needed to complete them.
So I think Save states would make a lot more games playable (which are already available) and be of more use than the CD-rom support (which as far as I can tell would just allow more games) Just my 2c.

oh, and OMG Vobbo's you're releasing updates faster than I can download them. Very impressive. But do you ever sleep? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vobbo - I know that you are currently adding CD-rom support for HU6280. How feasible would it be to include support for the Arcade card CD games. Games that spring to mind are Strider (which I know isn't a patch on the MD version). But the game I was thinking of is Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire, probably the most grapically impressive game on the PC Engine.
In all probability, this would cause the GP2X explode :D. But is it remotely possible in the future, or is it a case that the GP2X just won't have the power to do this?

First time I checked out the emu vobbo...

.. sweet! :)

I only through a few roms at it (bonk, r-type part 1, parodius, raiden, bomberman 94) and all were flawless and sounded great :)

Do people like the ini file approach to configuration? Or are most people too intimidated?

jeff

<Begin Vader>
"Ini files do not concern me general!"
</End Vader>

I personally don't care as much about cd-rom support than I do getting the sound down to perfection first and foremost. But, that's just my opinion :)

Hey Vobbo, I really like your emulator. I've only heard of pc engine but had no idea wat the heck it was. The one thing that I'm surprised that hasn't been implemented however is screen stretching. I don't know how hard it is to do, but is it something that you plan on working on in the future? Either way, thanks for the excellent emulator. You can look forward to a donation from me soon.

:(

One of my favorite shooters of all time crashes; Tatsujin ... at 200mhz, freezes after a minute or so, then dumps back to the GP2X menu; at 233mhz (which is 7-8 FPS too fast) has some gltiches; after getting a power-up, the ship moves to the upper-left corner of the screen, and stays there until destroyed.

One of my favorite shooters of all time crashes; Tatsujin ... at 200mhz, freezes after a minute or so, then dumps back to the GP2X menu; at 233mhz (which is 7-8 FPS too fast) has some gltiches; after getting a power-up, the ship moves to the upper-left corner of the screen, and stays there until destroyed.

Ahh, good ol' Truxton! I'll have to test this game later and see if I experience the same. If so, you always have it in DrMD :)

EDIT: Tested and confirmed sadly. Well, if I have the time I'll test some previous versions later.

Ahh, good ol' Truxton! I'll have to test this game later and see if I experience the same. If so, you always have it in DrMD :)

The DrMDx version is sweet, but it's missing the stat screen panel thingy on the right side of the screen :(

Wow, the sound works great now (I was away for 2 days, so I missed the 1.02 fix lol).

Thanks again Vobbo.

I, also, am unable to alter the controls still. I think they still are not working. If possible, maybe you could comment in the ini file what the button numbers stand for like button A=PCEngine button I, button B=PCEngine button II, etc. Or maybe you could just call the buttons BUTI, BUTII, RUN, SEL, etc. instead of BUTA,BUTB. Awesome emulator btw!! :eek:

I don't understand why, but Hu6280 does not work for me... I select the game (with B button) and some options appears. After that i press again the B button and the emulator hangs... ??? :( :blink: :unsure: :huh:

PD: Firmware 2.0, zipped roms with long names, paths changed (correctly i think) in the .ini file...

Anyone feel like tracking down which version of hu6280 stopped running Tatsujin? It used to work fine a few weeks ago, I played it all the way to the end!

Vobbo

Back