How's it going? (2012-03-05)

Hello,

I ordered my rebirth pandora at 19.11.2011. Today I received it (right side on the picture). I compared it to my first batch version (left side on the picture):

pandora-compare.jpg

As I understand the new version should have 512MByte RAM, but the command "free" doesn't show much more than the old pandora. I know that there is a new firmware needed, but there is already something new on the pandora. Can please someone confirm that this normal and will be fixed later?

There is something else interesting: The BogoMIPS value shows that the new pandora is slightly faster. The newer ARM CPU seems to be improved, but the test needs to be repeated with the same Linux kernel on both to be sure.

You need to boot into the experimental kernel (hold R while switching on) for 512MB support :)

damn, he's got 2 :blink: :blink: :blink:

envy ;) , I got none and waiting for almost 3 years now :( :( :(

Well hopefully it will happen soon. :D

You need to boot into the experimental kernel (hold R while switching on) for 512MB support :)

Hi ED, does it mean that we have both kernels available on the Pandora out of the box? Can we choose between stable and the experimental one ?

Nice ;-) ... I look forward to my "final payment" email :-D

Hi ED, does it mean that we have both kernels available on the Pandora out of the box? Can we choose between stable and the experimental one ?

Nice ;-) ... I look forward to my "final payment" email :-D

Yes, currently SuperZaxxon Beta 1 is installed, will switch to Beta 2 soon.

Finally it has arrived! My Pandora is now in my hands! Thank you Pandora Team for everything you have done! You guys didn't gave up when there were problems. You guys kept going and soon everyone can discover the myth of Pandora!

Finally it has arrived! My Pandora is now in my hands! Thank you Pandora Team for everything you have done! You guys didn't gave up when there were problems. You guys kept going and soon everyone can discover the myth of Pandora!
When did you order it?

When did you order it?

First or second week of January 2012. I know that's not long time to wait compared to those "veterans" who have waited since 2008.

Think I ordered the second or third week of January 2012.... Hopefully my email won't be far off now as the suspense is starting to get to me....

Think I ordered the second or third week of January 2012.... Hopefully my email won't be far off now as the suspense is starting to get to me....

Same situation. Placed my preorder on 20 January and still waiting for the "final payment" e-mail. Hope i'll receive it very soon.

When did you order it?

First or second week of January 2012. I know that's not long time to wait compared to those "veterans" who have waited since 2008.

I laid my order 25/12-2011 im still waiting for final payment. :wacko:

Guys, do you know if ED sent "final payment" emails this week already ? I am still hoping that I might get one this week..

Cheers,

MatiFromEarth

yeah im still waiting with serious excitement about receiving the final payment email

i received the

Hi,

it's finally happening!

The Pandora production has started a few days ago, the first new units have already been delivered!

It's impossible to tell you when exactly your unit will be ready to be shipped, but there's no need to pay the remaining amount of money before that.

You'll get another eMail when the remaining payment should be done.

This eMail tells you the status of your order.

Please check your address and the prepayment.

In case anything is missing or incorrect, let me know.

so im just waiting for the final payment mail and bam its on baby monies are waiting :) and so am i . i feel like a child on Christmas eve not able to sleep or head buried in a pillow pretending to be asleep so santa thinks im asleep and delivers my pandora :p

Guys, do you know if ED sent "final payment" emails this week already ? I am still hoping that I might get one this week..

Cheers,

MatiFromEarth

I'm not sending them each week :)

But as I get more Pandoras next week (about 100 - 300 :) ), I'll send out the next final payment mails next week.

Is there any way to find out where we are in the que? :)

I'm just desperate for this pandora. Though if it comes and I need to pay for it in about a week and a half I could write it off against my tax... Haha

Wow... I think this just killed the Pandora for me.

Those of you who have been around long enough should recognize me as someone who has ALWAYS stood behind this project, has ALWAYS been here to fight off the haters, doubters, and trolls with long rants of inescapable logic, but now I think I have FINALLY lost faith... this is indeed a sad day for the internet if THIS guy no longer believes.

You can parrot a bunch of crap at me about how it was necessary to keep the project alive, how they had no other option, etc. but it's gonna fall on the dead ears of a choir boy who has been repeatedly raped and beaten, this time to death. For those of you who don't have the proper reading comprehension skills of an educated adult, that means you'd be "preaching to the choir".

I know, and I understand completely, that the premium orders/upgrades were a necessary evil... trust me I fought off my fair share of trolls claiming the opposite. Now I truly feel taken advantage of though, for my understanding of the "small deposit preorders that aren't actually a preorder but just saying dibs on a third batch Pandora that you pay for when it's actually ready to ship" was that they were THIRD batch preorders... to be taken care of in their rightful order after first and second batch ORIGINAL INVESTORS had been taken care of. Heck, I even want three or four Pandoras myself but I didn't want to put any more money in until I got my first one... I thought the idea of doing a small deposit or faith-based preorder system for the third batch was brilliant and I had every intention of putting my name on that list when the time came (which I guess it came and went without me ever receiving an email about it, what the hell I'm an original from-before-day-one supporter who's signed up for the mailing list like 15 times?).

So what, had I gotten an email about it (not my fault that I DIDN'T) and signed up for the third batch I could potentially pay for it now and receive it BEFORE I even got my original "the project could not have even happened without us" kick-starting, project-funding pre-order?!??!

WHAT....

THE...

FUCK?!?!?!?!

What happened to the awesome official business plan that ED's lawyers helped him draft up and therefore allowed the project to get bank loans and investors that at one point in time was supposedly "more than enough and more than expected"? I remember ED saying that he was shocked and very touched by the level of support from the community and commenting that the bank loans and all the (unexpectly large) community contributions had added up to be more than he had expected and therefore more than he was planning on needing.

A month or two I would have been vehemently defending the honor of the project, writing long essays to chew out anyone who was saying the exact things I'm saying now. Look what you have done to me! You have turned me into the very thing I hate most...

I wish I was dead.

Well, since you don't want to be preached at from the choir, nor keep up with current events.. there you have it.

Back