How many Pandora's actually out in the wild?

Assuming that I am like the typical user (a risky assumption), judging from repo downloads is not very illuminating. When I first got my Pandora (months ago), I went through the repo, downloading many many PNDs and putting them on an SD card. The stuff that works, works and the stuff that does not, I ignore as I am too busy with the stuff that does work. I have not downloaded any updated versions or new software from the repo since; I have an unreliable card reader which is a pain in the arse to use, and the WiFi does not work properly, and I have not had sufficient incitement to update anything that would cause me to pass these obstacles -- my system (mostly) works, for what I want it to do (note-taking, emulation, music-playing, programming, portable serial-over-USB control machine). If program X (picoDrive, LibreOffice, audacious...) works, why bother updating it?
I keep all three of my Pandori up to date and all the PNDs as well, I rarely run into issues and when I do, I make sure the PND author knows about it to fix it...  Notaz has done some effort in trying to fix some of the Wifi issues in later patches 

You can use your Pandora as Card reader by plugging in a USB cord into the OTG port and put the card into Storage mode, It's how I transfer PNDs and updates the SD card in my Pandora if Wifi is being an issue.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I still sometimes receive Pandoras with Zaxxon (without any hotfix even!)

They are being used, but probably not often updated :)

I used to use a Cardreader to put pnds on my SD Card, thanks for the tip ;)

Also i have one CC Unit in Silver i moddet whit the botton Part of a Black Case (the part where to put the battery in, whyle the keyboard part is still silver as im not that good in modding..)

So one unit in my household..

One unit (CC) also for me...the LCD cable still sometimes show purple colors (at certain positions) ....but i wait to order a Pyra before send my Pandora to ED for repair.

Back