Release Hotfix 6 Final released!

So is it possible to replace the pnd_run manualy then? I really don't want to do a full Flash. ^^""
Attached it to this post (as zip, as obviously it isn't allowed to upload shell scripts).

Unzip, copy to an sd card, then on the Pandora something like this in a Terminal:

Code:
sudo cp /media/<sdcardname>/pnd_run.sh /usr/pandora/scripts/

sudo chmod a+rx /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh
Ah, thanks. It's basicly just in case, to be on the safe side. :) Should I do this better before the Hotfix6 Update or after?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'll stand by for a MAME4All update, and once that problem is sorted out, I'll give hotfix 6 a go. Does it also not work with the full reflash as well? Just wondering.

Chris

^ I can't comment there, as I didn't want to lose my key-combos and whatnot. I'd love to know, too, actually. :p

as far as MEME4All, since the repo version didnt work for hotfix 5....maybe the repo version works for the newest hotfix? didnt we go through this problem with like 5 different people, each time Promotheus posting a link to an older MEME4All just so it works on hitfix5?

^ Unfortunately, that's not the issue (with Hotfix 5, it just didn't appear in the menus, desktop, or wherever). With Hotfix 6, it starts, lets you navigate the menus, and so on, but crashes when you try to actually play something.

Prome, did you have Wiz Mame files in the same folder?
Erm, how would I know?
huh.gif

Ahh. I'm using the Pandora port, not the Wiz one. Anyway, I'll mess with it some more later, and post my results. :p

Ah, thanks. It's basicly just in case, to be on the safe side. :) Should I do this better before the Hotfix6 Update or after?
If you haven't run the Updater yet, it's probably easier to make a backup of the existing pnd_run.sh before the update, and copy it back afterwards (though I don't know if there are any bugfixes in the new version).

Something in the line of sudo cp /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh.bak ... run Update ... sudo cp /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh.bak /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh

Good news: Removing the appdata directory for MAME4All (the whole thing, not just the configuration files!) restores it to working order with the PND-updater. MAME 0.106 isn't affected by this bizarreness, for whatever reason.

Don't forget to rescue your saved high scores first, though... :( I forgot...

i noticed the same problem, removing pndrun.sh seemed to have fixed :eek:
Wouldn't removing pnd_run mean that you can't run anything, though? :blink: Time for the sebt3-signal, I guess...
Removing pnd_run.sh will indeed render the PND system non-working.

There have been a few changes, there might be some easy solutions, if only I could have more info like a pndrun*log or something.

There have been a few changes, there might be some easy solutions, if only I could have more info like a pndrun*log or something.
Unfortunately (I can't believe I'm saying "unfortunately", here...), I already fixed the issue by removing the appdata directory, so I can't provide that. :lol:

For my wifi problem: i reflashed the hotfix and mad a dsmg, its says something like wl125i timeout waitong for the hardware to complete initialiuation, i write this on my android smartphone.

Maybe tomorow i try the newest flash hotfix...

And i post the whole dsmg log

Ps : if there is no solution for my issues, what for a wlan stick is it i can use on the pandora? I mean this one which is the same thats are used for the 7 day pandoras

Anyone have problems charging their pandora via the supplied charger since hotfix 6 final upgrade?Usb charge works though.

Great work! The updater didn't work for me (after the update, applications won't open), but the Full flash worked perfectly. Thanks for the time and effort to put all this together.
Totally off topic but I love your Zappa pic!
Off topic? :huh: Why? Can you explain? I'm just reporting that the updater didn't work, but the Flash did, so if it happens to somebody else... there is my experience.

oh, I see. What dumb I'm :wacko: That happens for posting with 4 hours sleep. Cheers DarkCheetah, and Alerino for the explanation. I better go to have some sleep <_<

Anyone have problems charging their pandora via the supplied charger since hotfix 6 final upgrade?Usb charge works though.

works fine here, try reseating your battery
No reseating the battery did nothing.Im pretty sure its because of the hotfix.I plugged my pandora in to charge straight after upgrading to hotfix rc and to hotfix final.odd

Well, I did the full reflash last night, and everything seems to be working well. I haven't tested everything yet, but everything I have is working perfectly. Thanks again to OP and all the other community members who make hotfix possible.

For those who are having problems, it happens to apple, microsoft, sony, ect. Firmware updates are never perfect, and almost always cause problems for someone. Continue to report any and all problems so they can be corrected in future updates.

Chris

For my wifi problem: i reflashed the hotfix and mad a dsmg, its says something like wl125i timeout waitong for the hardware to complete initialiuation, i write this on my android smartphone.

Weird. The fullflash should work without any issues.

You have waited until the first boot was complete?

BTW: A nice stick you can get and which works out of the box is this one:

http://www.amazon.de/Wireless-150N-Adapter-DN-7042-Netzwerkadapter/dp/B0047IRBAI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1318768414&sr=8-2

Back