Release Hotfix 6 Final released!

Yesterday I tried the wlan stick that has been recommended to me evil dragon, and as if by a sore left my pandora's internal wireless has working again

I've changed nothing since last week to the firmware, maybe Steve Jobs has brought from his cloud of this wonderful because I have a ipod nano 6th generation 16gb ordered blue with ...

No, I do not think the reason it goes again

That here I translated with google translate because I was too lazy to translate itself ..

But I have a bit of the feeling it has become worse than as if I had written it myself ..

Last edited by a moderator:
That here I translated with google translate because I was too lazy to translate itself ..

But I have a bit of the feeling it has become worse than as if I had written it myself ..

Quoted for truth, matzesu! Your English is fine: so use it.

Ok, my next post are from myself, google translate makes awefull texts..

My Wlan works again, the Tiny Wlan Stick is nice, but now that the Pandora s internal wlan works, and my notebook has internal wlan too, i ditnd need the stick yet..

that steve jobs fixed the Pandora from his cloud in heaven (or hell) was just a joke.., but i ordered a ipod nano for real (its usefull for running) Acording tho a Teaser for Steves Biography Book he wants to destroy android, so whit the pandora, he cant be happy too.. ;)

Hah... Google Translate... This gives me the opportunity to mention this funny oddity!

In Japanese, "Happy birthday" is お誕生日おめでとう.

Typing that in without any punctuation gives the correct translation in Google Translate: "Happy Birthday" (though the capitalization is questionable).

But add an exclamation point (so 「お誕生日おめでとう!」) and you get the following translation:

Many happy returns!

What's really funny is there's no way you can translate it like that.

The moral: never use Google Translate.

Actually, what sucks about Google Translate now is you can't even suggest a better translation like you could previously (I think Google called it a "beta" at that time), so now Google Translate isn't even special among translation software.

I have a suggestion about Xfce menus.

In Setting, why not begin the name of all pandora-specific options with pandora or OP ?

I mean, we have "Pandora nub configurator", and "CPU-settings", so it's weird.

And it will make things easier to find.

Not really a bug, more of a curiosity: has anyone else noticed their cursor jumping to the lower left corner and then returning every time they hit the pandora button to open the xfce-menu?

Yes, that's because I simulate a mouseclick now to open the XFCE-menu.

The menu-popup of XFCE has one annoying bug: Each time you press the Pandora-Button, another instance of the menu pops up... so if you press the Pandora-Button five times, it opens five instances of the menu.

The menu is no process, so we can't figure out whether the menu is open or not :(

Therefore, I used that little trick to prevent this.

The downside, however, is, that it only works if the menu button is visible in that area.

If anyone got a better idea, let me know.
Maybe edit the source code to make the menu show a process id?

What I meant was make a dummy process that shows up when the menu is open.

That's the easy part. But now think of how to end the process when the menu is closed in all possible ways. :D For example when it closes after a click outside of the menu. The only possible way i can think of (beside the current work-around) would be to modify the source-code. Would be nice if "xfce4-popup-menu" offers the options "--toggle". Unfortunately it doesn't.

Anyone else having issue with BlueTooth past flash? I'm seeing a "No BlueTooth adapters present" message when I launch the BlueTooth preferences manager from the settings panel. Hopefully I'm doing something wrong...

Did you toggle blootooth before?
Oh yes, pre-flash I would tether through my phone for mobile browsing etc. Now my pandora seems to be pretending there's no BT adapter at all... Perhaps there's some other way to toggle it?

After I updated with the HF6 PND yesterday, I've come across a few problems.

1) Not a single program will open. Not even the various settings menus, or "Toggle Wifi". The only thing that works now are the options in the first layer of the start menu (that is: "Log Out", "About Xfce", etc.). "Switch GUI" doesn't work either, though.

2) BeeSoft Commander is missing from my start menu (it used to be in "Other"), though the PND still exists in /pandora/menu just like before.

3) For some time now, I've had the "Keyboard Layout Changer" app on my desktop (this is because I created a custom Russian-language keyboard layout - instructions here - and I wanted to be able to change layouts quickly). When I double-click on it now, it doesn't open. Instead, a text window opens called "change-keymap-0.1-slaeshjag#0.desktop". The text inside the text window is:

Code:
[Desktop Entry]

Name=Keyboard Layout

Type=Application

Version=1.0

Icon=/tmp/iconcache/change-keymap-0.1-slaeshjag.png

X-pandora-UID=change-keymap-0.1-slaeshjag

Comment=A simple utility to change Xorgs keyboard layout

Exec=/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/apps//kblayout.pnd

Categories=Settings

X-Pandora-Source=libpnd

Background information about my Pandora:

I did a full reflash to Hotfix 5 about a month ago. After that, I installed the Codec Pack and sebt3's pnd_run.sh replacement.

After I updated with the HF6 PND yesterday, I've come across a few problems.

1) Not a single program will open. Not even the various settings menus, or "Toggle Wifi". The only thing that works now are the options in the first layer of the start menu (that is: "Log Out", "About Xfce", etc.). "Switch GUI" doesn't work either, though.

2) BeeSoft Commander is missing from my start menu (it used to be in "Other"), though the PND still exists in /pandora/menu just like before.

3) For some time now, I've had the "Keyboard Layout Changer" app on my desktop (this is because I created a custom Russian-language keyboard layout - instructions here - and I wanted to be able to change layouts quickly). When I double-click on it now, it doesn't open. Instead, a text window opens called "change-keymap-0.1-slaeshjag#0.desktop". The text inside the text window is:

Code:
[Desktop Entry]

Name=Keyboard Layout

Type=Application

Version=1.0

Icon=/tmp/iconcache/change-keymap-0.1-slaeshjag.png

X-pandora-UID=change-keymap-0.1-slaeshjag

Comment=A simple utility to change Xorgs keyboard layout

Exec=/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/apps//kblayout.pnd

Categories=Settings

X-Pandora-Source=libpnd

Background information about my Pandora:

I did a full reflash to Hotfix 5 about a month ago. After that, I installed the Codec Pack and sebt3's pnd_run.sh replacement.
do a FULL flash not just a pnd update

Just noticed that "updatedb" which updates the cache for "locate" did not work anymore. I am not sure if this is related to the HF-update that i did lately though. I managed to solve this by running as root:

opkg-update

opkg install findutils

That installed the version 4.5.9-something from 4.5.5 something before.

I'm anxious to put in HF6 to use a USB 802.11n adapter that I have - but I'm a bit confused on all of the above issue reports.

Is there a known fail-proof way to install HF6 into NAND? If so, which post should I/we look at for instructions?

Is there a known fail-proof way to install HF6 over an SDHC installed HF5 system? If so, which post should I/we look at for instructions?

I checked the wiki - and it simply references HF6 as a beta.

Thank you.

For people who had problems running PNDs or launching minimenu after the update: what version of the firmware did you have?

I've found that those problems are because of version 1.0-r58.5 of the pandora-scripts package, that includes some files that it should not have included and conflicts with the new version of pandora-libpnd. That version is installed at least in HF5rc2.

If you had that problem, but you can run xfce it is quite easy to solve the problem with no need to do a full flash.

Mount the update PND somewhere:

Code:
sudo mkdir /mnt/pnd

sudo mount -o loop HF6-Updater.pnd /mnt/pnd

Go to the packages directory in the PND and reinstall a couple of packages:

Code:
cd /mnt/pnd/packages/other/

sudo opkg install pandora-libpnd_1.0-r56.5_armv7a.ipk

sudo opkg install pandora-skel_1.0-r9.5_omap3-pandora.ipk

Unmount the PND:

Code:
sudo umount /mnt/pnd

That's it, your pandora should work again (at least, mine did :) )

Thank you. Problems #1 and #3 from my previous post are now solved. Shouldn't this be automated in the HF6 PND somehow?

By the way, just a note in case it was unclear for anyone:

Mount the update PND somewhere:
First, you need to open a terminal in the location where you put your HF6 update PND. In the default file browser, you can do this by right-clicking in the folder where the PND is, and selecting "open terminal here".

Anyway, I followed the steps through, but when I tried to unmount it, I got this message:

umount: /mnt/pnd: device is busy

(In some cases useful info about processes that use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))

However, after I rebooted my system everything worked fine.

----

Problem #2 remains, though. It's not just BeeSoft Commander - the "other" section in my start menu seems to have far fewer programs there than it used to.

I checked the wiki - and it simply references HF6 as a beta.
Yes, there has been a dearth of information about hotfixes on the wiki. I created an article for them just now, so if there is a need, perhaps people can help out by adding any useful information, so that it's all in one place for future reference and there's no need to search through long threads.

http://pandorawiki.org/Hotfixes

About BeeSoft Commander: Sounds to me like it has got an unclean PXML. I was not able to find it at any of the three repos i know of, so i could not test it. All i can say at the moment is that i have no "Other"-section at all. I will check later if all my PNDs are shown in the menu. At the moment i am short on time. =) Cya

Back