Release Hotfix 6 Final released!

I always use the SD formatter anyway but yes ED is correct of course and the flashkit does bring the 'Boot from SD 1' option back, so re-flashing is an option.

This is why I first mentioned I thought the boot.txt had got corrupted somehow, back here on page 3

Despite trying various boot.txt backups and the diagnostic one from the Firmware wiki page, I cant get my SD Install to re-offer the option though.

Is the full flash version fixed yet? It still won't let me download it.

I'm an idiot. I forgot to check on the official site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always use the SD formatter anyway but yes ED is correct of course and the flashkit does bring the 'Boot from SD 1' option back, so re-flashing is an option.

This is why I first mentioned I thought the boot.txt had got corrupted somehow, back here on page 3 http://boards.openpa...dpost__p__98679

Despite trying various boot.txt backups and the diagnostic one from the Firmware wiki page, I cant get my SD Install to re-offer the option though.
I suppose its obvious but did you Try a different sd card. This worked in earlier hotfixes anyhow.

Umm, I don't think this has happend in HF6A4 or HF5, both my SD cards are readonly on the Pandora, and I can't unmount them.

Umm, I don't think this has happend in HF6A4 or HF5, both my SD cards are readonly on the Pandora, and I can't unmount them.

Code:
sudo chmod -R +w /media/yourcard
\

EDIT: Just remembered, if this command fails, then your memory card is most likely corrupted. Use

Code:
sudo fsck.ext2 (If ext 2 file system), or fsck.ext3 (If ext 3 file system) -y

In the terminal, type in

Code:
cd /dev

ls

Then look for your memeory card (mmcblk1p1, mmcblk, DISK, something along those lines)

Code:
sudo umount -f /your/partition

Finally use:

Code:
use fsck.vfat -y /your/partition

fsck.vfat -y /your/partition

seek to -1185814016: Invalid Argument

should I just backup and format my SD cards?

As said earlier, The kernel was not updated for me too, when updateing a SDinstall of HF6B1 to Final.

As said earlier, The kernel was not updated for me too, when updateing a SDinstall of HF6B1 to Final.

I run my system from the NAND, but also ended up doing a full reflash as the PND uppdater didn't update the kernal when updating from RC1 (stated this on this thread already)

OK, I have always just put the updates on the root of my SD card(PND versions), and done the update. I have never touched my NAND, or done anything else outside of just running programs off my SD card.

Can I do this update, or no? It seems to be a ton of problems, and my Pandora currently works great, so I'm not looking to rock the boat.

Chris

Hmm, seems it didn't. You were running your system from the NAND?
Nope Its running from SD card.

That's why it didn't update the kernel, as it only flashed the kernel on the NAND.

You need to put the latest kernel onto the SD-Card.

fsck.vfat -y /your/partition

seek to -1185814016: Invalid Argument

should I just backup and format my SD cards?

Yes, the filesystem has errors.

OK, I have always just put the updates on the root of my SD card(PND versions), and done the update. I have never touched my NAND, or done anything else outside of just running programs off my SD card.

Can I do this update, or no? It seems to be a ton of problems, and my Pandora currently works great, so I'm not looking to rock the boat.

Chris

It should work fine, though if you have no customizations on your NAND, you could also do the full flash. That one works 100% :)

I also need to put the latest Kernel on the SD Card? I thought that the PND Installer is enough, now I'm confused. Does the new Update already has a new Kernel in?

Hmm, I might give HF6A4 a try again, seems a little weird that all of the sudden all my stuff stops working properly.

A bit of a bummer... upgrade lost pnd_run.sh on me. No worries though a full install and everything is back to awesome!

Great update... should have moved over sooner.

Back