Release Hotfix 6 Final released!

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I just fixed the last issues I found with Hotfix 6 RC - and here you go: Hotfix 6 final, available as upgrade or full-flash!

If you already had HF6 RC on your unit, here's what changed:

* Sound was missing in a few games and apps. Fixed.

* Gigolo finally working properly (added fuse-module)

* Fixed shutdown-loop-issue

* notaz added some DVB-modules into the kernel

The full list of changes from HF5 to HF6 are

* XFCE4 got a cleaned up menu as well as a more useful panel bar (I hope
smile.gif
) including Toggle WiFi as well as a quick CPU Speed changer

* Included dosfstools and curl

* Included drivers for RTL8712/8188/8191/8192SU/8192CU WLAN Sticks. This has been done for the WiFi-Less-Pandoras sold with a WiFi Stick.

* Added some DVB modules.

* Fixed Gigolo

* TV Out: Added Composite / SVideo switch, made overlay programs work as well. Advanced configuration tool included.

* New feature: Lid-Settings

* Pandora-Button for XFCE4-Menu now works better

* Tempels PNDStore is built-in

* Caines new Nub-Settings are built-in

* midori and Arora have been completely removed - please use the PND version. Instead, links2 has been included as quick and fast browser and is now being used for viewing documentation.

* NetworkManager has been upgraded to a slightly newer version. netm-cli (the command line version) is included in the OS. This will be used by MiniMenu to connect to the internet (not included yet).

* A new default GUI selection has been included: "GUISelect". If you select this as default GUI, you'll be asked while booting whether you rather want to boot into MiniMenu or XFCE4

* kernel: WizardStan's optimized charger settings have been included. This should improve charging and increase the life of your battery. notaz made them configurable and tweaked them even more.

Thanks of course to all the devs (mainly notaz, sebt3, WizardStan, Ivanovic, tempel, Caine, Milkshake and skeezix) for the help so far
smile.gif

Please, report any bugs you may encouter on the Bugtracker!

Full flash download: Zaxxon Hotfix 6

As this is a full flash, it will delete all your personal settings and files that are stored on the NAND! Be sure you don't have anything important there!

To install it, simply extract the archive onto the root of your SD Card.

Insert the SD Card into the left slot. Keep R (shoulder) pressed while switching on your Pandora and select "Boot from SD1"

If "Boot from SD1" doesn't appear, try to reformat the SD Card using Panasonic SD Formatter, recopy the files and retry.

The first boot after the flash takes about 5 - 10 minutes. Be patient and DON'T reset or shut off your unit, as that would surely cause the system to only be half installed.

Download Hotfix 6 Update (updates from any previous OS version): Zaxxon Hotfix 6 Update PND

To install it, simply copy it onto your SD Card as any other PND, run it (you can find it in the System-Category), enter your password and patiently wait until the update is finished.

After you installed it, you can delete it off the SD Card.

Enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Thanks for all the work guys.

* TV Out: Added Composite / SVideo switch, made overlay programs work as well. Advanced configuration tool included.
Advanced? :blink: You're referring to op_tvout.sh I assume :D

I can't unzip the flash version properly.

Code:
7-Zip (A) 9.04 beta  Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov  2009-05-30

p7zip Version 9.04 (locale=en_GB.UTF-8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,2 CPUs)

Processing archive: /home/silent/Zaxxon-HF6.zip

Extracting  rootfs.md5

Extracting  boot.scr

Extracting  bootf.tgz

Extracting  README.TXT

Extracting  rootfs.img 	CRC Failed

Sub items Errors: 1

I can't unzip the flash version properly.

Code:
7-Zip (A) 9.04 beta  Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov  2009-05-30

p7zip Version 9.04 (locale=en_GB.UTF-8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,2 CPUs)

Processing archive: /home/silent/Zaxxon-HF6.zip

Extracting  rootfs.md5

Extracting  boot.scr

Extracting  bootf.tgz

Extracting  README.TXT

Extracting  rootfs.img 	CRC Failed

Sub items Errors: 1
Same for me.

My DVB card seems to work, but it finds no channels.

You need to use the dvb-tools to create the channels.conf first.

Are the gnomestuff issues ironed out?

I can't check right now.

My DVB card seems to work, but it finds no channels.

You need to use the dvb-tools to create the channels.conf first.

Are the gnomestuff issues ironed out?

I can't check right now.
I thought MeTV would do that. I guess not. I can't seem to get w_scan to create a channels.conf.

EDIT: Nevermind, I worked it out.

MeTV didn't work for me from the start. I had to use VLC. Did you get it working properly with MeTV?

Please explain how...

MeTV didn't work for me from the start. I had to use VLC. Did you get it working properly with MeTV?

Please explain how...
No, cause I screwed up the NAND. I had updated to HF6, but the channels wouldn't add, so I figured it didn't upgrade right. So I went to HF5, and then back to 6. Now it won't open PNDs at all, and it won't load their icons. Also, it has added a bunch of empty directories to my SD. Evidently, upgrading from HF5 doesn't work. A reflash is needed. But HF6 won't flash, and HF6RC is gone.

Download Hotfix 6 Update (updates from any previous OS version): Zaxxon Hotfix 6 Update PND

To install it, simply copy it onto your SD Card as any other PND, run it (you can find it in the System-Category), enter your password and patiently wait until the update is finished.

After you installed it, you can delete it off the SD Card.

Enjoy :)

I've tried this from an HF5rc installation (the one I got from ED) where I had installed a couple of packages from opkg (urxvt, gpsd, so they should not be involved); at reboot I get to the login screen, login, but then Minimenu does not seem to start, and I'm back to the login screen.

I've skimmed opkg.log in the SD and I've found the following errors that may (or may not) be relevant:

Code:
update-alternatives: Error: not linking //boot/uImage to uImage-2.6.27.46-omap1 since //boot/uImage exists and is not a link

Code:
Collected errors:

* check_data_file_clashes: Package pandora-libpnd wants to install file /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_make.sh

But that file is already provided by package  * check_data_file_clashes: pandora-scripts

* check_data_file_clashes: Package pandora-libpnd wants to install file /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_hup.sh

But that file is already provided by package  * check_data_file_clashes: pandora-scripts

* check_data_file_clashes: Package pandora-libpnd wants to install file /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh

* check_data_file_clashes: Package pandora-libpnd wants to install file /usr/pandora/scripts/genpxml.sh

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package pandora-libpnd.

Code:
* check_data_file_clashes: Package pandora-skel wants to install file /etc/skel/.bashrc

But that file is already provided by package  * check_data_file_clashes: base-files

* check_data_file_clashes: Package pandora-skel wants to install file /etc/skel/.profile

But that file is already provided by package  * check_data_file_clashes: base-files

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package pandora-skel.

I have downloaded the full flash, but I'm still trying to solve the problem, or at least collect more informations on what went wrong.

update: I've booted from an SD, mounted the nand, changed my default environment to XFCE and it is running, but PNDs won't run; this is a quick test I've done from a terminal:

Code:
$ pnd_run wesnoth-1.8.6-1.pnd

Runscript could not be determined. Fail.

For the issue with uImage, it is true that /boot/uImage is not a link and is a 2.7.27-pandora+r25+git kernel, but uname -a says that I'm running a 2.6.27.46-omap1 kernel, so it shouldn't be a problem.

update2: I've mounted the SD update PND, moved to the packages/other directory and reinstalled the two packages above, now minimenu runs (and PNDs start).

update3: instructions to fix this problem :) http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/5652-hotfix-6-final-released/page__view__findpost__p__98627

ED/Notaz:

What version of compat-wireless are you using? Is it the same as HF6 Alpha 4?

Thanks,

gunrock

Awesome! Thanks for all the work guys.

Advanced? :blink: You're referring to op_tvout.sh I assume :D

Nope, your tool is in there ;)

Anyways: It seems there are a few issues and my PC didn't upload properly :(

Sorry about that, will fix that ASAP.

Is the slow exit of thunar finally fixed? Since one of the alphas (maybe all I don't remember) Thunar takes a very long time after exiting with CTRL-W.

What version of compat-wireless are you using? Is it the same as HF6 Alpha 4?
Same, but there is modversion option on, did you get module incompatibility or something?

No, I'm just trying to build a driver for my Netgear WNA1100 which uses ath9k_htc chipset (atheros) not supported by the current compat-wireless version. I just wondered if you'd updated it thus saving me the job! :)

No problem, I've built it, but need to replace all the existing modules for compat-wireless on my NAND and sort out the modules.dep.

Great, thanks for all the work! :)

Alas, I found two somehow annoying issues:

• can't switch to low power mode when lid is closed (the funny thing is: the other way is working, i.e. switching to normal power mode when lid is closed)
  • the system menu (xfce4) does not appear, when the Pandora key is pressed and the panel bar is hidden (my panel bar is on autohide)

Back