Release Hotfix 6 Final released!

Could it be there is a bug in hf6? since i used the hotfix 6 pnd my wifi ditnt work, there is a system masage who said: wlan is being enabled, but the red led ditnt seams to shine.., or schould i trui to make a full flash??

First i had the HF6 Beta Full Flash on the Pandora, now i dit make the pnd whit the final version of hotfix 6,

i checked the direktion on the "Wifi Toggle App" (the shortcut who looks like a tower) and this seem like the the toggle wifi scrippt is right, meybe i have a problem whit the internal wifi driver, i dont know, all other things dit work..

Dosnt seems to work, i dit a full flash, but it seams the wifi chip ditnt goint to work, i got the message "Wifi is being enablet, but the red wifi led ditnt shine, and it ditnt make a conection.. ;(

MeTV didn't work for me from the start. I had to use VLC. Did you get it working properly with MeTV?

Please explain how...
It won't work with VLC either. It won't play any streams. Nor will it work with mplayer.

Heh, funny I didn't catch this last time.

The updater claims it will remove Abiword, Claws Mail etc... This should say: will remove them from the NAND or will remove the preinstalled versions of... or something like that. The PND versions will not be removed.

[edit]

DO NOT DOWNLOAD RIGHT NOW, I need to fix something first!
Ah, crap. Just installed the version I downloaded last night :( Anything serious?

XFCE4 got a cleaned up menu as well as a more useful panel bar (I hope ) including Toggle WiFi as well as a quick CPU Speed changer
If you perform a regular update, the panel bar is unmodified. Also that Toggle WiFi and CPU speed changer don't show up in the Add New Items.. menu.

[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dosnt seems to work, i dit a full flash, but it seams the wifi chip ditnt goint to work, i got the message "Wifi is being enablet, but the red wifi led ditnt shine, and it ditnt make a conection.. ;(

same wifi problem, done the update trough the pnd method on my SD card hotfix 5 install

Sd install was rather stock hotfix 5, no customizations or hacks, only few pnd's on board.

now no wifi anymore, if i boot from the hotfix 5 on my nand all fine.

Whoah, the backlight went out while I was updating with the PND version, and it wouldn't come back on. :blink: It was a bit tricky to find the button to reboot my Pandora once it was done, but it's fine now. :D

Found some time to test now:

Gnome3dtetris seems to work, when I use the upgradekit on hf5.

But I can confirm, that the new launchers in the toolbar aren't there after the update.

Hmm, there seems to be something wrong with the PND version of the Hotfix. My SD-Cards suddenly have lots of empty folders in their root. They seem to be named after the documentation of installed PNDs. Also I got the same issue mentioned before that I can't run PNDs anymore.

Well, off to try the full flash version...

Edit: Damn, NOW I see the "Do not download right now" part of EvilDragons post. Oh well, thankfully this seems fixable.

I was not able to update the sdinstalled HF6ALPHA4 with the pndupdater.

It couldn't update the kernel because of checksum error. The Update from HF5 went without problems with the same pnd and sdcard.

You can hold the power switch to force your Pandora to shut off, regardless of the circumstances. Even in low power mode.

smile.png
OK...

Quick question on the instructions though...

I want to update the OS on my NAND and on my SD card. I see instructions here to update the OS on the NAND...

Once the noted quirk is worked out - how do I update the installation on my SD card? Does the update simply point itself to the running OS or does it point directly to and update the NAND regardless of where the running OS booted from?

Thank you!

Hi,

I think I'll stick to HF6a4 for now, but thanks anyway for the hard work :)

How is stuff going on the new "Y" firmware ? Has a name already been decided upon ? What about a poll ? ;)

Bye, Magic Sam

smile.png
OK...

Quick question on the instructions though...

I want to update the OS on my NAND and on my SD card. I see instructions here to update the OS on the NAND...

Once the noted quirk is worked out - how do I update the installation on my SD card? Does the update simply point itself to the running OS or does it point directly to and update the NAND regardless of where the running OS booted from?

Thank you!

download the tar.gz file to root of card, wipe the existing linux files, then unzip the tar.gz file, easy - you could do this on the pandora but i usually do it on a linux desktop

same wifi problem, done the update trough the pnd method on my SD card hotfix 5 install

Sd install was rather stock hotfix 5, no customizations or hacks, only few pnd's on board.

now no wifi anymore, if i boot from the hotfix 5 on my nand all fine.

Sounds like it is using the old kernel for me.

Could you post a dmesg?

Found some time to test now:

Gnome3dtetris seems to work, when I use the upgradekit on hf5.

But I can confirm, that the new launchers in the toolbar aren't there after the update.

The new launchers can't appear after an upgrade using the PND.

The launchers are part of the standard XFCE configuration. This is copied into your home-directory if it doesn't exist yet.

Therefore, if you would create a new user, you'd have these launchers. If you continue to use your old user, your personal XFCE setup is not changed.

That's the point of a PND-Update - that your own personal setup won't be overwritten :)

The new launchers can't appear after an upgrade using the PND.

The launchers are part of the standard XFCE configuration. This is copied into your home-directory if it doesn't exist yet.

Therefore, if you would create a new user, you'd have these launchers. If you continue to use your old user, your personal XFCE setup is not changed.

That's the point of a PND-Update - that your own personal setup won't be overwritten :)

What's the best way to add these in, then? I'd like the new launchers, but don't want a full flash because then I'd have to relash codecs, etc, not to mention losing settings like keyboard shortcuts, termain aliases, and the like.

Sure, I could manually backup some of the files, but I'd have to make sure not to forget any, and it becomes as hassle.

Back