Release Hotfix 6 Final released!

@Evildragon tomorow evening i wants to post a dsmg log in both boards hear and the germab board

But for this issue i prever forum.gp2x.de, because my englich yo know......^^

My german is way better..

@Evildragon tomorow evening i wants to post a dsmg log in both boards hear and the germab board

Yeah i had this wi-fi issue with hotfix rc.I must update to final hotfix and see if its still the same.

Yeah i had this wi-fi issue with hotfix rc.I must update to final hotfix and see if its still the same.

Did you post a dmesg log?

Not really a bug, more of a curiosity: has anyone else noticed their cursor jumping to the lower left corner and then returning every time they hit the pandora button to open the xfce-menu?

Odd question: The README.txt for the full reflash image states....

1. Extract the contents of this zip to root (main) directory (folder) of your FAT32-formatted SD card.

(Emphasis mine). Is that true, and flashing would fail if my card is Ext2? Reformatting my card to Fat32 isn't the end of the world, but I'd rather not....

Not really a bug, more of a curiosity: has anyone else noticed their cursor jumping to the lower left corner and then returning every time they hit the pandora button to open the xfce-menu?

Yes, I'm noticing this as well. I didn't check before updating, but I don't recall having it happen before.

The new launchers can't appear after an upgrade using the PND.

The launchers are part of the standard XFCE configuration. This is copied into your home-directory if it doesn't exist yet.

Therefore, if you would create a new user, you'd have these launchers. If you continue to use your old user, your personal XFCE setup is not changed.

That's the point of a PND-Update - that your own personal setup won't be overwritten :)

What's the best way to add these in, then? I'd like the new launchers, but don't want a full flash because then I'd have to relash codecs, etc, not to mention losing settings like keyboard shortcuts, termain aliases, and the like.

Sure, I could manually backup some of the files, but I'd have to make sure not to forget any, and it becomes as hassle.

Still wondering on this, but now have a bigger issue. I just installed HF6, and Switch GUIs (in XFCE) no longer works. I try to run it, and nothing happens.

I'm also blanking on where setting the default gui actually is - I thought it was in settings/startup, but for some reason that's not working right now, either.

Edit: Actually, none of the settings seem to be working right now, and when I try to run a pnd from the desktop, it opens up the .desktop entry in MousePad. What on earth has happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still wondering on this, but now have a bigger issue. I just installed HF6, and Switch GUIs (in XFCE) no longer works. I try to run it, and nothing happens.

I'm also blanking on where setting the default gui actually is - I thought it was in settings/startup, but for some reason that's not working right now, either.

Edit: Actually, none of the settings seem to be working right now, and when I try to run a pnd from the desktop, it opens up the .desktop entry in MousePad. What on earth has happened?

Might not be related, but after applying the upgrade pnd, all pnd functionality went away, as in I couldn't open any files/use any shortcuts that were pnd files. Either they crashed on load or failed to load entirely, but I forgot to check the logs. Since my default settings aren't that far from the stock settings, I went ahead and reflashed to the stock HF6, which entirely fixed this problem.

HAving my Pandora already on the RC version, I tried to update to the final version using only the PND, but got an error message saying that it was unable to update the kernel. Wasn't sure if the kernel actually needed updating if I was on the RC version to begin with, but I decided to fully reflash, as the shutdown bug still seemed to be present on my Pandora! A full reflash fixed this, and my issue with not seeing overlays in Panplayer seems to be gone too. I also cannot put my Pandora into low power mode if the lid is closed as detailed above in another post, but can set it to do so automatically using the lid changer options (if that helps?)

As Default, in the Lidclose Settings allready that the Pandora gos in the low power mode , if you close the lid, so if you close the lid and then push the powerswitch, the unit gos back to the normal mode because if you usualy push the button twice, its the same, now you close the lid an push the button..

Thats no bug, its a feature..

(my english skill are also no bug, and its a feature too.. :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
shouldn't the LED then dim to reflect this if this happens automatically? If you specifically set the system to go into low power mode when closing the lid, the light dims.

For people who had problems running PNDs or launching minimenu after the update: what version of the firmware did you have?

I've found that those problems are because of version 1.0-r58.5 of the pandora-scripts package, that includes some files that it should not have included and conflicts with the new version of pandora-libpnd. That version is installed at least in HF5rc2.

If you had that problem, but you can run xfce it is quite easy to solve the problem with no need to do a full flash.

Mount the update PND somewhere:

Code:
sudo mkdir /mnt/pnd

sudo mount -o loop HF6-Updater.pnd /mnt/pnd

Go to the packages directory in the PND and reinstall a couple of packages:

Code:
cd /mnt/pnd/packages/other/

sudo opkg install pandora-libpnd_1.0-r56.5_armv7a.ipk

sudo opkg install pandora-skel_1.0-r9.5_omap3-pandora.ipk

Unmount the PND:

Code:
sudo umount /mnt/pnd

That's it, your pandora should work again (at least, mine did :) )

shouldn't the LED then dim to reflect this if this happens automatically? If you specifically set the system to go into low power mode when closing the lid, the light dims.

That's exactly what worries me. To circumvent this I simply switch to low power mode with the open lid, then I close the lid.

Yes, that's because I simulate a mouseclick now to open the XFCE-menu.

The menu-popup of XFCE has one annoying bug: Each time you press the Pandora-Button, another instance of the menu pops up... so if you press the Pandora-Button five times, it opens five instances of the menu.

The menu is no process, so we can't figure out whether the menu is open or not :(

Therefore, I used that little trick to prevent this.

The downside, however, is, that it only works if the menu button is visible in that area.

If anyone got a better idea, let me know.

By using the option there is to update your current hotfix version -> Hotfix 6, will the NAND, personal settings etc. still be deleted?

I went from HF6beta2 to HF6Final (skipped RC) via ED's PND version of the updater on an SD install (prior to ED saying DONT USE IT)

I was going to chip in on :

The jumping cursor to the bottom left (it happens and I hadn't noticed it upto HF6beta2)

The non working wifi issue (mine worked fine after the PND updater and I used PanoramaMilkyTest to update and Install a whole bunch of recent updates and new programs just fine)

The PND Mount errors ( mine worked just fine, except for Temper.pnd which despite deleting appdata and the PND and re-installing, now refuses to run at all. No SD lights or anything.)

The LCD Lid-Close settings (indeed you cant shut the lid and then move the switch to enter low power mode. It just stays in normal mode. Yet if you set LCD Settings to 'go to low power on closing the lid', that works just fine).

I then tried to test the 'Unable to shut down issue' initially direct from the Pandora Button menu 'logout>shutdown', with the intention of testing 'shutdown' on Lid Closure and found :

It shut down just fine from the menu but on rebooting I no longer have the option to 'boot from SD1' when pressing R on start up. I am now locked out of my SD Install entirely but the NAND works fine and no data has been lost. So in shutting down, rather than restarts, something has corrupted my boot.txt file as though it isn't there.

I've tried various backup boot.txt files and renaming to autoboot.txt, plus re-inserting the SD card but nothing is giving me the option to boot from an SD Installation anymore!

Any-chance someone could link the correct Boot.txt file for HF6 Final as a download please? Then I can test that before re-doing the SD install.

Yes, that's because I simulate a mouseclick now to open the XFCE-menu.

The menu-popup of XFCE has one annoying bug: Each time you press the Pandora-Button, another instance of the menu pops up... so if you press the Pandora-Button five times, it opens five instances of the menu.

The menu is no process, so we can't figure out whether the menu is open or not :(

Therefore, I used that little trick to prevent this.

The downside, however, is, that it only works if the menu button is visible in that area.

If anyone got a better idea, let me know.

The menu can be opened by commandline. I did this to launch it with wbar. Maybe the Pandorabutton could just execute this command. Or do you already do it this way?

The menu can be opened by commandline. I did this to launch it with wbar. Maybe the Pandorabutton could just execute this command. Or do you already do it this way?

That's what was used before, but if you enter the command 5 times, five instances of the menu open.

How can I tell the menu via the command line to only open if it's NOT yet opened and to close if it IS currently opened?

Back