Release Hotfix 5 released!

Has anybody been able to get Timidity to work on HF5? I'm getting errors in scummvm now that I've updated.

Is the new wifi driver implemented in HF5 or is it still in beta?

I'm curious about this, too. My wifi kind of stinks - it'll just drop for no reason, besides the slow performance. I'm wondering if my Pandora needs to be returned.

I must give big applauds for this great hotfix because all my wifi issues have been corrected with the new driver. Thanks OPT.

For what it's worth, back when I tried using the newer pnd_run.sh on my old Hotfix 4 system on my previous Pandora, I got this same behaviour. Given the random messages about not being able to start PNDs, I have to wonder, is it connected to the newer pnd_run.sh?

It is, and Sebt3 is looking at that already.

For what it's worth, back when I tried using the newer pnd_run.sh on my old Hotfix 4 system on my previous Pandora, I got this same behaviour. Given the random messages about not being able to start PNDs, I have to wonder, is it connected to the newer pnd_run.sh?

It is, and Sebt3 is looking at that already.
Thankyou muchly for the confirmation, ED. :) This being the case, I'm sure I can live with these minor issues until it's resolved (thankfully they aren't constant - just random).

Thankyou for your work on the CPU-speed options and everything else, by the way - it's so great to have been able to tweak the speed slider to only show the maxmium MHz that my Pandora can overclock to (at OPP3, that is - I don't overvolt :p ). Now I have that assigned to a hotkey, and can set the clock-speed higher by using the buttons and keyboard alone. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the great work, if you are in the UK I'll get you a beer and a kasekrainer!!

I have to say, reading about the various glitches that folks are experiencing makes me very wary of updating to HF5.

Is it worth it? :unsure:

^ Personally, even with the couple of issues I've been encountering (as described earlier), I'd have to say that it's worth it. There's a bunch of genuinely useful new features that have been on people's want-lists for quite a long time. :p

But in the end, if you're worried about it, wait for fixes. ;)

^ Personally, even with the couple of issues I've been encountering (as described earlier), I'd have to say that it's worth it. There's a bunch of genuinely useful new features that have been on people's want-lists for quite a long time. :p

But in the end, if you're worried about it, wait for fixes. ;)
Thanks for that :)

Could you point me to where you've uploaded the community backgrounds, cant seem to find them?

^ Certainly can. They're here, just to stand in until ED gets them uploaded to the official site.

I just did the PND upgrade from HF5 RC2 (mostly vanilla, hadn't touched the NAND much) and now the OS no longer boots. After attempting to boot it just sits at a black screen for awhile (~5min?), then dumps me to an Angstrom terminal login. Tried startx and it gave me an error about being unable to move a log file.

Easy enough to do the full flash and drop my settings back in I guess, just a bit odd

I can't seem to find the OVR editor in minimenu...

(I'll have to work on one for xfce sometime as well)

In mmenu when you have an app selected, you can hit SPACE now; the menu should pop up wit the app name as the title, and options like:

o Done

o Run app

o Hide app <- toggles it to hide, same as using the select -> configure -> show/hide

o Recategorize <- this will create/edit ovr file to specify new main cat

o Recategorize subcat <- will create/edit ovr file to specify new subcat

o Change displayed title <- will create/edit ovr file to set new title

o Set cpu speed <- will create/edit ovr file to specify new launch-speed

o Set notes (lines 1/2/3) <- let you creat/edit ovr file to specify 'notes' that minimenu will show in the detail panel

If hitting spacebar doesn't bring it up, but instead runs the app, its an older mmenu.

jeff

I've gone back to HF4: I do a lot of MAME and Scummvm, and these two in particular have no sound with HF5.

I've gone back to HF4: I do a lot of MAME and Scummvm, and these two in particular have no sound with HF5.
Which version of MAME are you using? I'm having no problems with either MAME4All or MAME 0.106 on Hotfix 5.

When I changed my clock settings, it refuses to set it to what I set it to. 'date' in terminal gives correct time, but panel clock does not. Please help!

EDIT: Never mind, a reboot fixed it.

Back