Release Hotfix 5 released!

i think hf5 uninstalled the community codec pack as well because i can no loger play videos i reinstalled the community codec pack but now pan player does not work any more. Mplayer does work however so i am not sure what when wrong?

i think hf5 uninstalled the community codec pack as well because i can no loger play videos i reinstalled the community codec pack but now pan player does not work any more. Mplayer does work however so i am not sure what when wrong?

If you did the full flash then you will have to reinstall the codec pack. Flashed mine via PND and the codec pack was untouched.

Anyone else having problems with mass-storage mode no longer working after an update to hotfix 5? I.e. Pandora is no longer picked up as a mass storage device.

Anyone else having problems with mass-storage mode no longer working after an update to hotfix 5? I.e. Pandora is no longer picked up as a mass storage device.

Try removing reinserting the battery. Had that once, seems like the new kernel needs a reset :)

Try removing reinserting the battery. Had that once, seems like the new kernel needs a reset :)
For some reason the usb-otg port kept being stuck in b_idle mode. Reinserting the battery did the trick. Thank you very much ED, you're a lifesaver :)

<edit>You know, this makes me wonder. When did the reboot to fix stuff happen to linux? :( </edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

Working fine here. Still getting the occasional "cannot read from source device" error in Thunar, but a reboot usually fixes that.

D.

<edit>You know, this makes me wonder. When did the reboot to fix stuff happen to linux? :( </edit>

Well, kernel level changes always needed a reboot, unless you were just unloading or loading a module.

Working fine here. Still getting the occasional "cannot read from source device" error in Thunar, but a reboot usually fixes that.

D.

Anybody else notice that Thunar seems a bit flaky on assorted systems lately? I have a Debian Squeeze box on which Thunar sometimes just crashes when I open a folder. I've resorted to using PCManFM instead, even when I'm in Xfce (although I spend a lot of time in Fluxbox). I'm not using Xfce 4.8 anywhere yet, though. Maybe the newest version of Thunar is working just great. The problem here, though, is probably not a Thunar error, but the system somehow not being able to see the SD card anymore for some reason. You could check it by trying to list the directory from a terminal. I don't have my Pandora yet, so this is all speculation :).

Thanks Ed, I can hardly wait to test this out (as I've set aside a few pnds that were designed for use with hotfix5 RC2+).

Ok I may of missed something but after updating I am only able to over clock to 800 is this normal?

No worries found it

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok has anyone got some annoying flickering on the gamma settings since updating? It also carries into the game when playing Mario I can see very faint lines going across screen never happened before.

Ok this hot fix has totally messed up the colour or something. It's hard to explain when playing sensi soccer or Mario when the screen moves you can see faint lines going across the screen. Also when you bring the gamma settings up if you scroll through them with the dpad you can see that the colour bar not only effects that window but if you look closely it's slightly changing colour on the desktop. It's hard to explain.

Hooray for progress! :) I'm still awaiting my email saying that my Pandora has been shipped. Can't wait to join you guys!

Yay, panplayer can play mkv's now, (on RC2, it would be a green screen, not sure what's up with that)

However, one suggestion is, rename "Log out" on the pandora menu to something like "Power options", I could never locate the gui way to shut down because I always ignored log out, as I had no intention to log out.

Nor do I see people rapidly switching between users on their pandora, so the term log out would be rarely used on this device, at least, that's how I see it.

Even with the latest Wi-Fi patch my connection was still flakey at home and often hung.

Just applied HF5 and the Wi-Fi is great! No delay and no hanging on web pages at all. Worth it just for that.

Thanks all

I think I'm too lazy to download this and upgrade from RC2, especially since the changes since are so minimal. ;)

Can't wait for the Yars Revenge alpha! By the way, wouldn't there be a problem using names like that for official releases shipped with sold units? Or does this fall into that one trademark rule? I forgot the term, but I think the basic idea is that you can use the same name for different products as long as they cannot easily be confused. Or something...

Back