Hip Hop Trivia Thread

The guy that scratches on "Rock it" by Herbie Hancock ?

I couldn't remember his name so i looked on Google but won't post it here.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
dj cash money and dj jazzy jeff made the transformer scratch iirc

Grand Wizard Theodore is credited with inventing scratching.
Ah, correct! :)

peelie - 2
virusx - 2
OMars - 2
DCGM - 2

blah - 1

Wow, a tie with 4 people. Ask away DCGM!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kanye West, with "Impossible"?

I remember reading about him speaking about the song with a way over inflated ego...

You know nova, you should probably read the questions better :p

Kanye always has a huge ego. He even thought "Touch the Sky" should have won best video because it "cost a million dollars and had pam anderson in it"

haha

Tbh, I just guessed, cos I know he sampled the M:I theme in the song.

I'm too white for these questions...

Nope. But as a side note (unrelated), I was watching rap videos on demand when I came across this gem that I'd not previously heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teUKi3wvlTU

It really is Classic :p. Great line-up, although I reckon Kanye doesnt deserve to be up there with the rest...

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Nope. But as a side note (unrelated), I was watching rap videos on demand when I came across this gem that I'd not previously heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teUKi3wvlTU

It really is Classic :p. Great line-up, although I reckon Kanye doesnt deserve to be up there with the rest...

You really need to give a better hint than your previous one.

BTW, if you like KRS, here's a new song by him and Marley Marl: LINK

It's really well-written, but it is not as "entertaining" as other current rap songs...

Alright then. The Movies I am referring to are parodies (sort of) of another famous movie series.

2 points to whoever gets it right now! ;)

edit: good looks on that krs joint, I like it. What I like even more are the comments about "dj unk" and "mims" as well as the others. I hate these no-talent cunts. Living in the blasted south, it's all I hear. I fucking heard "party like a rockstar" every time i flipped to the rap stations in my car. I have to listen to classic rock now because all I hear are southern losers with no talent who exploit this art form.

It's disgusting. Why do people acknowledge this as music?

Anyone know Akon's real name?

It's long...

Over a year ago, Adult Swim released an underground hip hop album. What was that album called?

OMars said:
Over a year ago, Adult Swim released an underground hip hop album. What was that album called?
chrome children?

@ nova: His name was disputed numerous times, so now it's cut down quite a bit on wikipedia. I dont really think anyone knows what his real name IS at this point lol

Back