Here's Hoping We Get Some News Before The Weekend.

kingoddball said:
Edit: Where did you find that damn emoticon?? How do I find more..
:pandora2:
flowdesingn_talk2thehand.gif

Its from a dutch forum called fok I introduced because it's appropriate at times :D

if you want more try this: http://www.xs4all.nl/~olie/fok/smilies/eerste100.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bosbeetle
worshippy-6x.gif

kingoddball said:
Didn't Craig or someone say they were making (or wanted to) 10,000 units?
I remember seeing 10k. Not 12k.

Maybe Peri27 thinks that 2015 have already been "signed" or being created? (not the 4000 in the First Batch)
That 10000 figure is from the minimum order of the cases.

Btw, I was just joking when I replied to Peri's post. He means the year 2015 ;)

I think it was Craig that said earlier that batch 2 and 3 will also be 4000 units each. We already know they have ordered all the parts for batch 2. I doubt this paperwork only has to do with the parts. You know, customs, assembly, storing, shipping etc.

BackAssward said:
kingoddball said:

/off topic. I've been holding off, because I didn't know which topic to say this: For the longest time, I thought your pic was a stripped armadillo (like stylized), only a day ago did I see what it was. I still sometimes see an armadillo.
Sorry, to go OT (not that it was really on one), but I was the same as you until one day I realised what it was, now I see it both ways, it's like one of those optical illusions :lol:

Awakening said:
I think it was Craig that said earlier that batch 2 and 3 will also be 4000 units each. We already know they have ordered all the parts for batch 2. I doubt this paperwork only has to do with the parts. You know, customs, assembly, storing, shipping etc.
Yep, the info is in my sig.

@Off Topic
It looked like fishbones to me at first.

But I'm still waiting for brand-new Pix of the (really) final Case parts from MWeston. I thought he recieved his (last?) package from the factory...or is this information again obsolete?
I just want to SEE the final result of what the factory needed 5 Months to finish. :D

No, he didn't receive the ones that we thought were getting sent on the 15th. I think the current status is that we hope they've now been sent.

I don't think I'll update the roadmap with that one... :p

Here is some, tomorrow I'm signing the paperwork for the next 8000 units.

I want one. What is the price for the second batch?
Edit: and when will they be avaible?

You might still be able to get one from the first batch.
http://gbax.com/pandoraxxx.html

Can we, I dunno...get through the FIRST batch successfully before making our plans for the NEXT one?

At this point it's pretty clear that focusing on and completing one task is a daunting enough for now.

strider_mt2k said:
Can we, I dunno...get through the FIRST batch successfully before making our plans for the NEXT one?
Sorry, no we can't. The lead times are too long, so the parts had to be ordered already.

I think what Craig meant by signing the paperwork is, that he just put the money down to get the second batch out. I guess its a good thing that we aren't seeing any order pages for the second batch following this news.

Well, based on how long the first batch has taken, they should have started batch 2 six months ago! :p That way, the second round might actually see the light of day before the end of 2010! But considering we are all still waiting for the first batch, I wouldn't really worry to much about the second batch!

Is it safe to say, that if the third revision hasn't shipped by today, there is no way in hell that we will see any MP units shipped before the Chinese New Year? I'm guessing the green light would have to be given by next friday February 5th at the latest for the factory to have there 4 days for production, and 1 day for shipping before the 14th? This estimate doesn't take into consideration that they may leave early for holiday, which would leave even less time to get this all done!

Maybe Craig, ED, or Michael can chime in and let everyone know if this is about right? Unless the cases have already shipped, and might arrive within the next day or two? But I really don't see that happening, do you? :(

Chris

carlgeorge said:
fusion_power said:
I just want to SEE the final result of what the factory needed 5 Months to finish. :D
Is it really 5 months? Wow, just wow.
It really was a 30 day job. 5 days per month * 6 months = 30 days :D

Cool, looks like things are progressing nicely.He said the "Next" 8000,ie not the current 4000.
He might post more info if we dont jump down his throat so much.

From my understanding they have sent the latest revision and are getting ready to produce the cases next week because I think that's the last week before they close the factory down. I'm quite surprised that they haven't asked for more money at this point, I know that's not uncommon for Chinese factories.

Considering OP are planning 3x4000 units I'm wondering if they have bumped the number of cases up to 12'000 now? I know I would, would be silly to buy another 10'000 just to cover the last 2000 units of batch 3.

Yeah, the plan is to ship the new revision, and the factory be prepared to turn out 4000 ASAP before the holiday! I have not seen any confirmation that those revision 3 test cases have actually shipped! Maybe I missed it? As far as the extra cases go, Craig said the current moulds are only good for about 10,000 units, before the mould goes bad! So any number above that will have to have a new mould produced. Which should be fairly easy, considering they can just match it to the current one! So hopefully it won't take forever to produce more cases. It should be done well before everything else is done for batch number 2!

Chris

Back