Wolfenstein: Et Source Released

Clean3d

Still Fresh
http://www.linuxgames.com/archives/15619

Hoping this hasn't been posted before here, but apparently the Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory source code is now (GPL?). I'm not sure whether this will run smoothly even with a port - not my area of expertise - I've got my fingers crossed for a Pandora port eventually. :)

wermy said:
Oh wow, looks like the source to Return to Castle Wolfenstein is up too! Quick, where's Pickle? :D

Good grief what do you think i am.....never mind lets not go there :)

RTCW was based on the quake3 engine if i remember right, so we could possibly run something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:

RTCW was based on the quake3 engine if i remember right, so we could possibly run something.

Heh, well that's what you get for being a game-porting hero on these boards. ;)

Yeah I think it is the Q3 engine -- I'm excited to see what comes of this. Between this, and the guys working on Aliens Vs. Predator, I'm glad I didn't go for a one-nub unit! :D

I would love RTCW on the pandora but I´m not sure it is possible. The game would hardly run on an Atom 1.6 GHz and intel gma950.

we need to round up more cucumbers so they can grow up to be pickled then we'll have all the dev power we need!
we appreciate the work you put in pickle, so dont haste yourself, just you know...skip a couple nights of sleep with some energy drinks or something... :D

Pickle said:
wermy said:
Oh wow, looks like the source to Return to Castle Wolfenstein is up too! Quick, where's Pickle? :D

='] We love you pickle.

Also, tremulous is open sauce too. ;D

greendots said:
I would love RTCW on the pandora but I´m not sure it is possible. The game would hardly run on an Atom 1.6 GHz and intel gma950.
No way. The great craigix himself mentioned in an interview that this thing is capable of running Doom III! Also turds are purple. Shit has the wait made me into a troll?

greendots said:
I think I remember my brother playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein on his Pentium III gaming laptop... you know, 9 years ago, when it was a gaming laptop.
I'm sure we'll make it work, even if the graphics have to be cut down a bit.

lulzfish said:
greendots said:
I think I remember my brother playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein on his Pentium III gaming laptop... you know, 9 years ago, when it was a gaming laptop.
I'm sure we'll make it work, even if the graphics have to be cut down a bit.

Yeah, I remember playing it on a 450MHz Pentium II with a GeForce MX420... It may not be able to run with all the bells and whistles, but I'm sure the Pandora can handle it in SOME capacity. :)

greendots said:
The thing is... Atom is shit. I remember the first benchmarks and how the Celeron 900Mhz (underclocked to 600) of the first Asus EEE was beating the newer 1.6 Ghz Atom models.

hosant said:
greendots said:
The thing is... Atom is shit. I remember the first benchmarks and how the Celeron 900Mhz (underclocked to 600) of the first Asus EEE was beating the newer 1.6 Ghz Atom models.

But both are faster then what we have. After looking into ioq3, the n900 gets around 20-25 fps which is enough for single player but not enough for online multiplayer imo.

Also RTCW (single and multiplayer) don't seem to compile out of the box so some one with more experience is needed :p

Pity Doom 3 source code is not likely to be released at this quake con, so we would be able to silence the so famous (at least in the past) question:
Will the pandora run Doom 3?

Also RTCW wasn't one of the most impressive quake 3 (or id tech 3 as now is being called) games. For me, that would be American Mcgee Alice.
I won't certify this as I have only played the first 3 levels of the game.

Lets pray next quake con is the definite one.

RTCW is probably my fav 1st person shooter (barring Glodeneye on the n64 and crysis) - great combo of Nazis and the super natural! I still play it now

This would be an awesome port :) :)

I think it'd be really nice to have something mildly graphically complex. Although I love N64 and stuff sometimes eye candy is nice :) this game should most definitely be ported

Yeah, and again, I'm very new, so please excuse if this is stupid. Why do we need ports of Dos games if we have dosbox?
edit: or is it not a dos game? i'm only aware of wolf3d and wolf3d sod, I've never heard of ET, so if its not a dos game...then well...problem solved.

Back