Release Heboris

@Mrk : thanks for the backgrounds, I'll package them in next release and make an optional upgrade options.

About the sound and bgm. I'd like to add them, but I don't understand there origins... It's all writen in japanese in the archive, with only 1 text file in english, and it desn't mention any (c) or things like that. Advice from other user (and japanese reader) would be welcome!

@ptitSeb @ingoreis @xnopasaranx @Caine @levi @3XCL4M4t10N @Farox

And here's the second part of my work for this fantastic port of Heboris on Pandora!

A collection of entirely new sound effects and a midi soundtrack that will leave everyone speechless! The sound effects are designed and calibrated to perfection and I hope you enjoy them (creating it was not hard but not easy... :$). The soundtrack is a "particular" version of a piece by Bach (the most impressive and alienating of his Goldberg Variations), here made even more enigmatic by the presence of non-harmonic sounds... I think the choice is perfect for this game (creating this "disturbing" version in midi format has deeply absorbed me! I hope that you will appreciate and understand this work!). In order to listen the soundtrack you have to choose in the SETTING-screen the "BGM" with "midi (simple)". Remember: do not stop at the first impression! To appreciate all my choices you have to do a game for a few minutes. Also remember that you can put in the "bgm" folder other music file collections, particularly the .mp3 that make the game much more varied.

(Please note: to play midi on Pandora you have to install Timidity-midi-installer by @sebt3 !)

And now a big THANK YOU to PetitSeb, to Kenji Hoshimoto (aka Hosiken) and to "2ch community". This game has a rocking "tetris-engine"! The ability to customize it is extraordinary! THANK YOU!

Let me know what you think about the sound effects and the soundtrack (though only after having played) :DW:p&|a:

Attachments

• bgm&se4HeboOnPanda.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 376
Hi all :)

Is the "save replay" function working for you guys ? Because it's not working here... :(

@ptitSeb : any news regarding the segfaulting issue I have when browsing the high score tables ?

On a side note, I usually don't really care about BGMs for that kind of game, but Heboris could really use some SEs ;)

@Mrk : do you know some website where I could download free (as in beer and as in speech) and ready-to-use SEs for Heboris ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi @Magic Sam ,
if you want, that the "replay" function works properly, you must create the folder "replay" in pandora/appdata/heboris
;)

Hi @ptitSeb ,
for the next release of Heboris.pnd

1) the folder "replay" is essential and must be automatically created in pandora/appdata/heboris/ , otherwise the "replay" function does not work;
2) these days I played wildly Heboris with Pandora. I confirm that the game engine is perfect (runs very well on the device). Imho the backgrounds are better without logos! For this reason here is the collection of bkg without logos (I invite you to use these for the next release or upgrade, also in consideration of a future porting on Pyra);
3) the soundtrack is not too bad (I am aware that it is a matter of taste, but this .midi came very well. The dissonances make the music extremely interesting and alienating.) I really like it;
4) The sound effects do their job very well. In particular I must say that the sonic drop seems to be a gun-shot. Impressive! But I must report a small problem. The "rotate.wav" doesn't work properly. The problem does not affect the "sound file" but just the program. Both the program on Pandora that the program on Windows. I also tried it with the original "rotate.wav" sound file: no way! Does not work! I know I ask you a crazy thing... CAN YOU LOOK AT THE CODE AND SEE IF THERE IS AN ERROR??? It is not such an important thing, but if you solve this problem, we can say that we have the only Heboris UE version fully functional!

cheers, mrk :)

Attachments

• Bkg4HeboOnPandaNoLogo.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 313
So, on the repo is the Special Pandora Edition of Heboris, with the custom background and sound effects by @Mrk and the musik by @klapse.

Build 04
-----------

• Fixed rotation sound
  • Replaced Background with the one provided by Mrk
  • Added Sound Effects by Mrk
  • Added Musik by Klapse
Enjoy!

Last edited:
So, on the repo is the Special Pandora Edition of Heboris, with the custom background and sound effects by @Mrk and the music created by @klapse.

Build 04
-----------

• Fixed rotation sound
  • Replaced Background with the one provided by Mrk
  • Added Sound Effects provided by Mrk
  • Added Music created by klapse
Enjoy!

FIXED ROTATION SOUND !!!
MAGIC PTITSEB, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING !!!
AWESOME :D:happy:xD

music by @klapse simply MARVELLOUS !!! :D
[doublepost=1459370276,1459370192][/doublepost]
realy one of the Best Tetris Games i ever played :D

Thx for porting and releasing this ;)

GRAND MASTER
Heboris will never die!
;)

Try looking on youtube: the only version of Heboris with rotate sound that works is the one for Pandora!

@Mrk: I change line in the code to have rotate sound, but I could just have changed a ini file. If you want to try, on you windows version, open heboris.ini and add, at the end of the file
Code:
rotate_snd = 1;
And that should give you rotate sound on Windows too.

Reactions: Mrk
@ptitSeb @ingoreis @xnopasaranx @Caine @levi @3XCL4M4t10N @Farox

And here's the second part of my work for this fantastic port of Heboris on Pandora!

A collection of entirely new sound effects and a midi soundtrack that will leave everyone speechless!

Great job on the sound effects Mrk, really.

I'm also a huge Bach fan and downloaded your bgm.mid. It's really interesting. I kind of feel bad replacing something based on the all-time master with a simple video-game theme. On the other hand mine is more 'tetrisy'. Really glad you approve of it.

ptitSeb, could you change the repo description to say 'This version now comes with sound effects by Mrk and musik by Klapse.'?

Also, is there a way to disable the 'hints' which show you where your tetris block will land?

Different modes have different settings. I don't really understand all the hints it gives you on the right hand side, but I've found at least 'old style' mode doesn't have those drop hints. I've barely scratched the surface of this game yet - thanks ptitSeb, mrk and klapse!

Ok i found Old Style mode (not under Options or Settings, but during the game selection screen).

I noticed the speed of the music doesn't increase with higher speed/level of the drops....

I noticed the speed of the music doesn't increase with higher speed/level of the drops....
That's quite difficult to do, especially as he's using your mp3 and not MIDI music. I guess with an mp3 it might be possible to up the sample rate to speed up the music and raise the pitch at the same time, and that might not be too bad, but I've no idea if the playback lib being used support dynamic setting of the sample rate.

That's quite difficult to do, especially as he's using your mp3 and not MIDI music. I guess with an mp3 it might be possible to up the sample rate to speed up the music and raise the pitch at the same time, and that might not be too bad, but I've no idea if the playback lib being used support dynamic setting of the sample rate.
There is 6 mp3, with incresingly faster bpm. So it should get faster and faster. But I'm not sure what/how that change trigger.

Ah, I think I did notice the music change on Master G1 mode one time, after a good few minutes of play. Is it meant to be the same tune at higher BPM, or a different tune? I wasn't paying much attention.

And it may have switched when the tempo of the game dropped back down, as this game tends to do - it goes in phases. So the music change would be associated with the next phase, not the tempo within the phase. But I'll have to play more to figure out what actually does happen.

Back