Release Heboris

Hi all :)

Is the "save replay" function working for you guys ? Because it's not working here... :(

@ptitSeb : any news regarding the segfaulting issue I have when browsing the high score tables ?

On a side note, I usually don't really care about BGMs for that kind of game, but Heboris could really use some SEs ;)

@Mrk : do you know some website where I could download free (as in beer and as in speech) and ready-to-use SEs for Heboris ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Reactions: Mrk
@Magic Sam :
yep.

Here is the backtrace of your crash
Code:
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x40430084 in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0x40430084 in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x00018030 in printFont (fontX=fontX@entry=10, fontY=fontY@entry=5, fontStr=0x2 <error: Cannot access memory at address 0x2>, fontColor=7) at src/script/view.c:2055
#2  0x0001e1f8 in RankingView3 () at src/script/ranking3.c:371
#3  0x0008dcf8 in RankingProc2_3 () at src/script/ranking3.c:168
#4  0x0008f068 in title () at src/game/gamestart.cpp:2051
#5  0x00090b4c in gameMain () at src/game/gamestart.cpp:1491
#6  0x0000a074 in main (argc=<optimized out>, argv=<optimized out>) at src/main_sdl/main.cpp:19
(gdb)

Ranking3.c line 371 looks like:
Code:
                        printFont(10, 5 + (i * 4) + (l * 13), gname2[rkdata3[j + i]], digitc[rkrots3[j + i]]);
with
Code:
int        rkdata3[ 6*14*2];

and gname2 is defined in game/gamestart.cpp as
Code:
str        gname2[35] = //ƒoƒO‘΍ô‚É“ñ‚‘½‚
{
    "9",  "8",  "7",  "6",  "5",  "4",  "3",  "2",  "1",    //  0` 8
    "S1", "S2", "S3", "S4", "S5", "S6", "S7", "S8", "S9",    //  9`17
    "M1", "M2", "M3", "M4", "M5", "M6", "M7", "M8", "M9",    // 18`26
    "M", "MK", "MV", "MO", "MM", "GM","GM","GM"        // 27`32
};

After a recompile with less optimisation, I can print some variables:
Code:
(gdb) frame 3
#3  0x00079824 in RankingView3 () at src/script/ranking3.c:371
371                                                     printFont(10, 5 + (i * 4) + (l * 13), gname2[rkdata3[j + i]], digitc[rkrots3[j + i]]);
(gdb) p i
$1 = 0
(gdb) p j
$2 = 34
(gdb) p rkdata3[i+j]
$3 = 100
(gdb)

So, 100, for an array of 35 elements, is way too much... I still have to figure out what should happens and why 100 is in rkdata3...
[doublepost=1457125575,1457124432][/doublepost]So, it seems rkdata3 content can be 150 or 200... So, I just added a simple test at line 371
Code:
                        if (rkdata3[j + i]<35)
                            printFont(10, 5 + (i * 4) + (l * 13), gname2[rkdata3[j + i]], digitc[rkrots3[j + i]]);
                        else
                            printFont(10, 5 + (i * 4) + (l * 13), "??", digitc[rkrots3[j + i]]);

no more crash. You can see in the screenshot that your "class" ranking is "??", but I have no idea what it should be anyway, and it's better than a crash...
sam_fix.png

I'll upload a new PND soon.

Last edited:
So, the new version, with the fix, is on the repo.

Build 03
-----------

• Fixed a crash in the Ranking screens

Is the "save replay" function working for you guys ? Because it's not working here... :(

@ptitSeb : any news regarding the segfaulting issue I have when browsing the high score tables ?

On a side note, I usually don't really care about BGMs for that kind of game, but Heboris could really use some SEs ;)

@Mrk : do you know some website where I could download free (as in beer and as in speech) and ready-to-use SEs for Heboris ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Unfortunately I could not find any package of sound effects for Heboris. I need not tell you how important it is to have the sound effects! :(
If you found something, let me know!

For music (BGM) you can watch here: http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?pid=40197
--- attention: there are 2 packages. The first is for the MiniHebo version, the second is for HEBORIS U.E. --- ;-)

Here is an excellent guide to the game
https://tetrisconcept.net/threads/tgm-user-guide-also-cover-heboris.872/
and here
http://kitaru.1101b.com/TGMGUIDE/

[doublepost=1457125575,1457124432][/doublepost]So, it seems rkdata3 content can be 150 or 200... So, I just added a simple test at line 371
Code:
                        if (rkdata3[j + i]<35)
                        else
                            printFont(10, 5 + (i * 4) + (l * 13), "??", digitc[rkrots3[j + i]]);

no more crash. You can see in the screenshot that your "class" ranking is "??", but I have no idea what it should be anyway, and it's better than a crash...
View attachment 27976
I'll upload a new PND soon.

You should totally put "Ptitseb" in there instead of "??" ;)

Last edited:

@ptitSeb : thanks for this new version on the repo !

@Mrk : thanks for these very interesting links ! And the BGM pack you pointed me to adds a lot to the game !

EDIT: I doubt it could be included in the PND though...

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi @Magic Sam and @ptitSeb

I'm working on a range of backgrounds with the theme : "medusa-touch" ( comparable to the "terror-instinct" of TGM3 ) but much much better and only for pandora! With new sound effects!!! Stay tuned!!! I need a long time... 2 or 3 weeks... I hope so

Sounds good Mrk :)

What do you think of this preview? This is the title-screen of Heboris MT (Medusa-Touch) inspired by the poster of TGM3 TI (Terror-Instinct) that you can see here: http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=thumbs&id=5245

Fans could scream and cry of joy for this! Fans will understand the deep meaning of all this! Who can play a round at the solid tetris (20G), he knows what is the terror that petrifies... the Medusa Touch!

Heboris MT - only for Pandora - coming soon!

Heboris MT - title screen.jpg

@ptitSeb
@EvilDragon
@3XCL4M4t10N
@Caine
@Farox
@Faust
@ingoreis
@Klumpen
@Magic Sam
@TrashyMG
@xnopasaranx

HEBORIS U.E.
Medusa-Touch

(A collection of backgrounds designed for the Pandora device)

Men have always raised stones, monoliths, obelisks. The stones do not fear the centuries. How long is a millennium for a stone? How long is an hour for a man? The time dies in the stones. Perseus defeated Medusa for love. Love kills the time and wins the stone.

The Tetris game speaks about stones, walls to fall, time, gravity. Heboris U.E. collects all modes of this extraordinary videogame. In the title-screen many believe to see a rotating crosshair. Well this is not a crosshair, but the "wheel of time". This collection of backgrounds embraces the distant past of man and is projected into outer space in the hope of winning the death (the Medusa's petrifying gaze) and in the hope to be reborn (Quetzalcoatl).

Lente hora, celeriter anni

1 - Hebo MT - title screen.jpg
2 - Hebo MT - 1 Level - Stonehenge.jpg
3 - Hebo MT - 2 Level - Moai.jpg
4 - Hebo MT - 3 Level - Sphinx.jpg
5 - Hebo MT - 4 Level - Olmec.jpg
6 - Hebo MT - 5 Level - Balbal.jpg
7 - Hebo MT - 6 Level - Angkor.jpg
8 - Hebo MT - 7 Level - Xochipilli.jpg
9 - Hebo MT - 8 Level - Dogu.jpg
10 - Hebo MT - 9 Level - Dogu.jpg
11 - Hebo MT - 10 Level - Monolith.jpg
12 - Hebo MT - 11 Level - Perseus.jpg
13 - Hebo MT - 12 Level - Quetzalcoatl.jpg
14 - Hebo MT - VS Level - The time and the stone.jpg

What do you think about? Do you think the use of Pandora's symbol and the Heboris logo in the lower right corner can cause problems?

Also I inform you that I found the package of original sound effects!

Thank you so much for the metion, I am pretty interested on this and hope it get ported to Pyra ASAP.

@ptitSeb
Do you think the use of Pandora's symbol and the Heboris logo in the lower right corner can cause problems?

What sort of problems do you mean? Legally, I don't expect you to have any problems from the Pandora side - I'm not sure who owns the copyright on that logo, but it's been used in various places without asking anyone for permission.

Are those images the right ratio, by the way? I note that Heboris on Pandora currently runs in a boxed out 4:3 mode, but it'd be nice if the backgrounds filled the screen which is 5:4 (800x640) - would that be possible for dedicated backgrounds?

Sorry, yeah, 800x480 (10:6). I realised I'd written it wrong after I turned off my computer last night. If these are new backgrounds, couldn't they just fill in the remaining 60x480 pixels on each side of the play area by being rendered 60 pixels to the left of where they currently are?

@Mrk : looks very good. And glad you found a sound package (well, I hope there will not be some copyright issue with it). Waiting for your package to repackage Pandora version of Heboris :)

Hello @ptitSeb ,

here is the link to the web page to download the complete package with all versions of Heboris!

http://tetris.wikia.com/wiki/Heboris

Look at the end of the page: EXTERNAL LINKS
The fourth link is pointing to a 7zip file on dropbox.
Download this file (30 M) and use 7zip to extract all the versions of Heboris.

1) this is the collection
01.jpg

2) You must open the folder UE C++ and you'll find this
02.jpg

3) in the EXE folder you'll find this
03.jpg

In the folder "bgm" there is the file Bgm.mid (a very simple soundtrack for the original game)
In the folder "se" and "voice" all the sound-effects that you must put into the "se" folder of Pandora version.
The music and sound effects, including speech, are all present in the original game. I do not know whether they are available for distribution, but they are certainly on the page linked above. Try to play the original version and you will see that it is the same music and sound effects. Even speech is the same. What do you think about it? Do you think you can put them in the package for Pandora?

And now the new Medusa-Touch backgrounds
From BACK01 to BACK_VS in the Pandora folder for backgrounds
loading.png and title.png in the Pandora folder "graphic"
logo_hi.png in the Pandora folder "title"
(you can rename the old file with the suffix "-original")

Bgm.mid in the Pandora folder "bgm"
the files in the folder "se" and "voice" in the Pandora folder "se"
So it should be all right :D

Remember, when playing, to choose in the setting-menu that music is a midi!

Finally, I remind you, that there is a beautiful collection of music on this site: http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?pid=40197
--- attention: there are 2 packages. The first is for the MiniHebo version, the second is for HEBORIS U.E. --- ;-)
You can put the .mp3 files in the Pandora folder "bgm" and set the music on .mp3 in the setting-menu. Fantastic!

Please forgive my terrible English :p
[doublepost=1458683450,1458682863][/doublepost]
Sorry, yeah, 800x480 (10:6). I realised I'd written it wrong after I turned off my computer last night. If these are new backgrounds, couldn't they just fill in the remaining 60x480 pixels on each side of the play area by being rendered 60 pixels to the left of where they currently are?

Unfortunately it is not possible. The program requires 640x480 format. However, keep in mind that it is the most advanced existing version of tetris-game: thanks to Kenji Hoshimoto aka Hosiken and community 2ch. :)

@Mrk : nice work. Looks pretty good.

Just now I managed to get a Gm ranking in G1. That's a first for me :)

Who good start is half the battle :cool: and you can use thanks @ptitSeb the best version of tetris-game ever made!!!

Attachments

• bkg4HeboOnPanda.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 456
thanks a lot for making this theme! I have enjoyed heboris a lot, never heard of it before. Such a great tetris engine! I will try your theme. I am far from being a tetris master but love the game a lot. I own a tetris arcade pcb and play it in my cabinet and tetris dx on gbc has gotten me through a lot of long and otherwise boring nights.

Back