Has anyone here ever gotten one of those home DNA tests?

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
Okay, so I’ve been looking at a couple of sites that do medical DNA tests, $250 each. Color Health and Invitae. Which one do you think I should go with?

Both test the CHEK2 gene, which is the main thing I want tested, since my sister is CHEK2*1100delC positive. With Color Health I also get testing for hereditary heart conditions, but with Invitae I get testing for nearly twice as many hereditary cancer risk genes.

JDTAY

You know, never mind. I would need a card to pay, and apparently Visa gift cards and the like only go up to $200. I’m going to try to convince my sister to cooperate with my doctor to get me tested there. It didn’t go so well last time though.

JDTAY

My sister still doesn’t want to cooperate to get my CHEK2 gene tested, but I think I found a kit on Amazon that’ll test it: tellmegen Advanced. I’m gonna try it out.

JDTAY

I received my tellmeGen Advanced kit on Saturday, but didn't actually mail it back out until yesterday, because it had a UPS label rather than standard postal service. UPS estimates that it will reach its destination in California on Tuesday, and tellmeGen says I should receive my results four to six weeks after that. I'll let you guys know then if my tellmeGen results include CHEK2 status or not.