Has Anyone Done Anything On Gemrb?

JurnD said:
Thanks for the suggestions. It works when using ./ as path.

I now made a little menu to select either BG1, BG2 or IWD. I haven't had time to include the BG2 or IWD config files so they don't work yet.
The data now needs to be in /pandora/appdata/gemrb061/bg1
Just start the pnd, select bg1 in the menu and it should work. The libraries are now included in the pnd so it should work without copying anything anywhere except for the bg1 data. I tested it on a cleanly installed pandora and it worked fine.

The other configs and better sounds with openal wil follow somewhere coming weekend.

Thanks.
Jurn

The new PND:
http://drop.io/epqnufo

You have done a superb job Jurn, having not played Bg1 back in the day (i went the route of Diablo) i am looking forward to playing this but i am having a slight problem with the controls, i use the touch screen to move about it but i cannot seem to get the accuracy i want with that. I tried the nubs and they work fine but i cannot find the mouse click button on the keyboard, any ideas anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
tony11@hotmail.com said:
You have done a superb job Jurn, having not played Bg1 back in the day (i went the route of Diablo) i am looking forward to playing this but i am having a slight problem with the controls, i use the touch screen to move about it but i cannot seem to get the accuracy i want with that. I tried the nubs and they work fine but i cannot find the mouse click button on the keyboard, any ideas anyone?

DO NOT USE NUBS if you want to use the touchscreen, I have found that I prefer the nubs, but they seem to throw the touchscreen off in the game - probably due to 800x480 OS resolution vs. 640X480 in the game.

By the way JurnD - You are THE MAN, this was a totally unexpected joy using the Pandora, replaying BG1 has been a blast so far! The only problem is that I now take longer on lunch breaks than I should, so I end up working more at home, which my main boss/wife does NOT approve of! :D

Thanks,
BDB66

--edit spelling and grammar

2l8xely.jpg

DO NOT USE NUBS if you want to use the touchscreen, I have found that I prefer the nubs, but they seem to throw the touchscreen off in the game - probably due to 800x480 OS resolution vs. 640X480 in the game.

By the way JurnD - You are THE MAN, this was a totally unexpected joy using the Pandora, replaying BG1 has been a blast so far! The only problem is that I now take longer on lunch breaks than I should, so I end up working more at home, which my main boss/wife does NOT approve of! :D

Thanks,
BDB66

--edit spelling and grammar

It is a shame, it seems so natural with the nubs, but as you say it does throw the touchscreen out. I will have to keep trying with the touchscreen, i will also try and adjust the sensitivity on the nubs perhaps that will help me out a bit.

JurnD is the man, as you say it was totally unexpected and totally welcome, now i cannot put the game down. thanks/damn you JurnD lol :D

Tokiopop said:
Why can't my Pandora be born now :(

It will be worth the wait mate, it is a great little system, i love the fact i can play all these games, but i also like the fact that people are interested in the Pandora on a visual level. I was using my Pandora on the train the other day and someone was watching me playing on my Pandora, then he got up early for his stop and worked he ways around behind me in the vestibule and was watching through the glass at me playing mario kart 64.(i caught his reflection in the Pandora lcd.) if he had asked nicely i would have let him have a go :D

Hi,

Could somebody please tell me, which data files I need to put in the appdata gemrb bg1 folder. I have just bought Baldurs gate game dvd but am unsure of which files I need.

Thanks

CJ

what i did was i installed the files on to the hard drive, then copied the whole contents from the c:\program files\blackisle\baldur's gate on to my sd card (in the appdata\gemrb\bg1)

tony11@hotmail.com said:
what i did was i installed the files on to the hard drive, then copied the whole contents from the c:\program files\blackisle\baldur's gate on to my sd card (in the appdata\gemrb\bg1)
Thanks for your help tony11, seems to have done the trick. :)

CJ

DrCJBoduma said:
tony11@hotmail.com said:
Thanks for your help tony11, seems to have done the trick. :)

CJ

No problem, happy to help :)

heya; I'm back from my 4 weeks of no-free-time session ..

Did anyone get IWD working with Jurn's latest pnd? Any tips there?

(I happen to have IWD installed; I'll have to dig out my BG1 CDs and get it installed to try it :)

Great stuff Jurn :)

(BTW, in your 'PXML, you could specify an 'appdata' in addition to unique-id; but without it, the system will use the uniqueid value, so it works fine.)

jeff

So I haven't tried Gemrb yet, but how does it play. It looks like they aren't 100% complete with it yet, but are there noticeable differences? They describe it as "roughly" completable. What do you guys think? I have BG1 and BG2 plus expansions.

MUMBL35 said:
So I haven't tried Gemrb yet, but how does it play. It looks like they aren't 100% complete with it yet, but are there noticeable differences? They describe it as "roughly" completable. What do you guys think? I have BG1 and BG2 plus expansions.

I have only played BG1 so far. For the most part it is very playable, The biggest things that I have seen is that it has a tendency to crash at transitions under normal clock speed, it gives some random dialogs on save (not part of the game, they just display in the dialog box and I don't recall seeing that in the original), the book, scroll and item descriptions have this funky yellow text that is next to impossible to read and there are some annoying sounds at saves and some transitions (I keep forgetting to try the alsoft.conf that JurnD posted on page one).

I haven't got that far in the game yet (about 7 hours into it), but time has been very short this last week (I chose not to even take lunch breaks on Thursday and Friday). This week should calm down a little and I want to try to get BG2 and IWD1 running.

Try it and have fun! :)

skeezix said:
heya; I'm back from my 4 weeks of no-free-time session ..

Did anyone get IWD working with Jurn's latest pnd? Any tips there?

(I happen to have IWD installed; I'll have to dig out my BG1 CDs and get it installed to try it :)

Great stuff Jurn :)

(BTW, in your 'PXML, you could specify an 'appdata' in addition to unique-id; but without it, the system will use the uniqueid value, so it works fine.)

jeff
Didnt he say he only inlcuded the BG1 config. You would have to maualy edit the gemrb.cfg to play IWD with it.
Unfortunately I dont have IWD.

Hey!

I will try to include the iwd and bg2 configs tonight. Also, I think i have a solution for the yellow on yellow text.
bg2 will not be playable as is i'm afraid. It has bugs and is slow.

I will let you know later tonight about the configs. Thanks for the updates on playability.

Jurn

Dammit, my upload keeps failing. I'm in between providers right now and am using a distant unprotected wireless signal. The connection keeps timing out when i try to upload. Track and trace says i'll get my new modem today but they have been wrong before. Well, good news is that the configs are ready and the yellow text is gone.

I hope to upload soon.

Jurn

Sweet, sweet internet... finally. At my parents place cause at home it's not working yet.

@Skeezix
I have two little ones. Oskar and Wolf, eight months and 2,5 years. I have been alone with them this last week. That was time-consuming so to speak. :) But it is fun. Wolf, the oldest is a lot of work. Five times a day you laugh your ass of because you can't believe what he just did. Then there is two times a day you want to put him in the trashbin because he just won't listen. ;D
What about your little one?

Edit: I uploaded the PND with the iwd.cfg in it. Also, i think, the mouse-over info is now readable in black on yellow instead of yellow on yellow.

http://drop.io/epqnufo

Jurn

Jurn,

Found some time to try the .pnd that you made. The mouse over-text is great! It makes it very readable!

Quick question, is there somewhere in the .cfg or another file that you can adjust the color the same way for scrolls and books? I didn't immediately see one and surprisingly, I haven't found much information on this in any gemrb documentation that I have been able to find. (If you have a good resource, please let me know.)

Keep up the good work and take good care of your little ones, they grow old far to quickly! My youngest is fourteen and I still think of her birth as "a few years ago..." :p

Thanks again!

BDB

Back