Gemrb Vs. N64

What would you like to see on which project Adventus work?

• GemRB

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • N64

Votes: 53 37.6%
  • Whatever he wants

Votes: 72 51.1%

• Total voters

ZoxFox

i´ve got a feeling that adventus prioritize the n64 emulator more than GemRB. :unsure:
so i´d like to issue a call for unity which shows that gemrb (a collection of the best RPGs ever!) is (hopefully) more important.

i want to play baldurs gate on the pandora!

icewind dale, planescape tornement not to forget... :wub:

sorry about that riot but i just can´t await it and of course the pandora :)

I'm sure adventus appreciates the enthusiasm, but I have a feeling that he'll just be doing whatever he damn well pleases. Both are awesome projects to have coming to the pandora.

Seriously why are trying to make it sound like we need to make a choice between the N64 emulation and Gemrb ?

They are two completely separate project right ? It's not like it's the same people working on both project !

I just don't see anything good coming out of this pool...

I don't mind discussing about GemRB though, it does seem like a great project. I am not sure if it's already good enough to be playable...

EDIT: ok look like I am wrong... adventus is working on both. Seriously he'll probably do what he please and don't need a pool.

One of the pictures in the second one looks like it is from Age of Empires(liked that one)
But I have some N64 favs I wouldn't mind playing
Also, wouldn't these projects be able to have totally different developers..?

Kloplop321 said:
One of the pictures in the second one looks like it is from Age of Empires(liked that one)
But I have some N64 favs I wouldn't mind playing
Also, wouldn't these projects be able to have totally different developers..?

i think he´s the only guy who would port the GemRB engine to pandora and unfortunately he´s also involved in the muppenplus64 project and he seems to play a important role in it....

last summer i wrote a PN to adventus:

> hello, adventus!
>
> were you that guy who claimed, that it wouldn´t be to difficult to port
> bioware´s infinity engine to the pandora?
> http://linux.prinas.si/gemrb/doku.php
> would be absolutey awesome to play BG2 on pandora.
>
> and as you may know it even runs on the nokia n smartphone series and it´s
> also a ARM plattform good chances for a pandora port i would say:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUwUDoC3vc4
>
> greetings
> zoxfox

and he answered:
Yep, I'm the guy.

GemRB is very portable. I have compiled versions for ARM in the past
but i haven't tested it on any hardware yet. Once the Pandora is in my
hands it will be one of the first things i do, I'm also a big fan of
the Infinity Engine games.

Cheers,

maybe things didn´t work so fluently as he´d imagined so maybe he focus on more the n64 emulator for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you're paying Adventus his salary every month, you have no right to decide what he should work on.

I think Gemrb will be easier, it already runs on the Nokia phones. I would want to see both but I have to admit that I'd like to see N64 first. They'll both make it, no sense in this poll.

Caine said:
Unless you're paying Adventus his salary every month, you have no right to decide what he should work on.

read my post. have i mentioned any enforcements?
i just wanted to keep GemRB in some people´s mind and explain the small dilemma.
whether adventus will let himself influence by this poll or not is his own descision.

@second exodous: it makes sense indeed. this poll offers what the people wants to see FIRST ;)

Man, watching the videos you posted brings back a lot of good memories. I think BG2 is one of the best RPG's I ever played. I wish they would sell these on Steam, I have BG1 and BG2 but I never got Icewind Dale or torment. I wish they'd make another BG game, it's a little dated but they were just so well made, I think they could make a game with the same gameplay just up the res a little and I think people would still buy it. Fun fun games.

I always wanted a miniature giant space hamster in real life.

Awakening said:
Since GemRB is still in development and not fully working I say go with N64.
I got BG2 to work in it, that was a long time ago also, it should be better now. I was just seeing if it was working though, didn't play through.

I say N64 is more important just to show off to people.

Wow I had no idea this existed, amazing! I would love to replay BG1 and 2. When I first played BG I think I was 8 years old haha, it was my first computer game.

I voted N64 because I'm an awkward bastard and I don't like RPG's.

On the other hand role playing in the bedroom can be quite interesting... (although don't need a Pandora for that) ;)

second exodous said:
Awakening said:
Since GemRB is still in development and not fully working I say go with N64.
I got BG2 to work in it, that was a long time ago also, it should be better now. I was just seeing if it was working though, didn't play through.

I say N64 is more important just to show off to people.

From what I've read on their page I wouldn't want to play seriously with it yet. A good N64 emulator will potentially give us far more games as well. And I agree, N64 is better to show off with.

adventus can make his own priorities.
this thread is a joke, and pretty disrespectful imo.

he's already said he'll port it, chill out.
and even if he didnt, im sure someone else will.
you dont actually have a pandora yet, there isnt much of a rush is there?

I find a thread like this insulting, developers should work on what they like/enjoy and want to use. Not based on some poll.
Ive been approached to port this too, my reason not to? I dont have this game(s), if i had it I would highly consider attempting a port. But im not going to port (time) and spend money to.

Funny thing is this poll was always bound not to go the way he wanted. Not so much as people want the N64 more (which could be true) but just because people would find it disrespectful so they skew it regardless :blink:

Back