Gemrb Vs. N64

What would you like to see on which project Adventus work?

• GemRB

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • N64

Votes: 53 37.6%
  • Whatever he wants

Votes: 72 51.1%

• Total voters

gibberish said:
this thread is a joke, and pretty disrespectful imo.
It's a poll, nuff said ;)
Shouldn't be taken seriously and will fall off the first page soon, if everyone takes it easy enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
ZoxFox said:
i´ve got a feeling that adventus prioritize the n64 emulator more than GemRB. :unsure:
so i´d like to issue a call for unity which shows that gemrb (a collection of the best RPGs ever!) is (hopefully) more important.

i want to play baldurs gate on the pandora!

icewind dale, planescape tornement not to forget... :wub:

sorry about that riot but i just can´t await it and of course the pandora :)

Is balurs gate now OS? How can it run on a Pandora (or is that just wishful thinking?)

If that is the case, BlackIsle made Baldurs Gate 1 and maybe 2, does this mean we can get Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 running!?!?!?!?
WORLDS BEST GAMES! My favourite games, would love them as a handheld!

Any developer can work on whatever he/she wants to. That said I'd never heard of this GemRB and it sounds great if that's what it can achieve, Baldurs Gate on the Pandora - hopefully enough interest will help.

Dead1nside said:
Any developer can work on whatever he/she wants to. That said I'd never heard of this GemRB and it sounds great if that's what it can achieve, Baldurs Gate on the Pandora - hopefully enough interest will help.

Not sure if interest is the issue, going by what he said it's already being worked on. Maybe he did but I get the impression he never asked what the state of development is even at. This seems worse than when people kept asking for N64, this is already being worked on! Just not fast enough as far as he's concerned.

kingoddball said:
ZoxFox said:
i´ve got a feeling that adventus prioritize the n64 emulator more than GemRB. :unsure:
so i´d like to issue a call for unity which shows that gemrb (a collection of the best RPGs ever!) is (hopefully) more important.

i want to play baldurs gate on the pandora!

icewind dale, planescape tornement not to forget... :wub:

sorry about that riot but i just can´t await it and of course the pandora :)

Is balurs gate now OS? How can it run on a Pandora (or is that just wishful thinking?)

If that is the case, BlackIsle made Baldurs Gate 1 and maybe 2, does this mean we can get Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 running!?!?!?!?
WORLDS BEST GAMES! My favourite games, would love them as a handheld!

Check out the link he posted, it's through the use of the GemRB engine that we can possibly play BG1 and 2. Fallout is probably an entirely different engine but with similar mechanics so who knows, maybe they'll add support for them.

It should be completely up to Adventus. I did, however, vote Gemrb just to show there is interest in that project.

Wait, just read ZoxFox second post again. In adventus response he even said he'll do it when he has the hardware, so I don't get what the issue is. Or has it been confirmed he's had a Pandora for ages and not done the work yet.... :lol:

second exodous said:
Man, watching the videos you posted brings back a lot of good memories. I think BG2 is one of the best RPG's I ever played. I wish they would sell these on Steam, I have BG1 and BG2 but I never got Icewind Dale or torment. I wish they'd make another BG game, it's a little dated but they were just so well made, I think they could make a game with the same gameplay just up the res a little and I think people would still buy it. Fun fun games.

I always wanted a miniature giant space hamster in real life.
There's lots of dungeon crawls out there, but not a lot of games like IceWind Dale. (That's the only one I played)

I did enjoy Titan Quest a lot though. Very well made, with decent storytelling and perfect balance. :)

gibberish said:
adventus can make his own priorities.

did i say the opposite???

gibberish said:
this thread is a joke, and pretty disrespectful imo.

it´s very interesting what everyone reads into this story, unfortunately it doesn´t deal with the reality.
the reality is that i want to push gemrb in the centre of interest and besides i wanted to know what does the community favour especially when one person is in 2 things involved - i found this a interesting fact and i was bored so decided to open up this poll.
and when somebody takes this poll too serious then he has to deal with it oneself.
so when some people think they have to claim something on spec and label me as an egoistic asshole then it´s disproportionate imho.

gibberish said:
he's already said he'll port it, chill out.

therefore you should rather be the one who should better chill out...

Xian Long said:
you could have just made a thread about germb or something like that

yep you´re right. i could have done this but i didn´t consider that some guys reacts so sensitive due to a little developer-poll-action on a borring nothing-to-do sunday.

Wait, just read ZoxFox second post again. In adventus response he even said he'll do it when he has the hardware, so I don't get what the issue is. Or has it been confirmed he's had a Pandora for ages and not done the work yet.... :lol:

a dev board isn´t a hardware? ;)
anyway i just wanted to know if adventus has got faster success with the n64 emulator and because of that more fun with tweaking it.

Now that there is a new option, I changed mine. A happy developer is a productive developer. (see how google does business.)

I think a general genrb thread would've been a lot better, asking for an update saying you know it may be slow due to his N64 work etc.
You say he can do what he wants, but in the end your trying to pressure him to make it his priority instead of something else due to community pressure. When he's already said he'll do it and we have no reason to believe otherwise.

I think it's nice chit chatting when it's a slow news day, I just see this as trying to pressure someone though.

Na-Noo said:
I just see this as trying to pressure someone though.

It does seem that way. Which is why I am glad there is a third option now--but still.

Lots of backpedaling going on here. Say what you want, but the poll title says "what should Adventus do", not "what do you care about more." And your post is very clear, you're trying to convince people that gemrb is more important than N64 emulation, when it's plain as day that people here care more about N64 emulation than being able to play just a few RPGs, no matter how popular they are. And you want to rally people together to prove that this is what Adventus should be spending his time on it, and you shouldn't be implying that his work is dictated by popular demand.

Maybe people are reading too much into it but there's a certain manner of being "above reproach" when it comes to posting things like this. I don't think you deserve to be totally chastised but there's no sense being so defensive over it, you really just shouldn't make threads like this in the future.

I'll definatly be playing the unreleased ps1 version of Baldur's Gate when my pandora arrives :) stick with the N64 emulator. Lets get that running sweet. I do chuckle about ALL the polls on here for one strange reason or another. Not that it usually makes any difference, lol :)

Exophase said:
Lots of backpedaling going on here. Say what you want, but the poll title says "what should Adventus do", not "what do you care about more." And your post is very clear, you're trying to convince people that gemrb is more important than N64 emulation, when it's plain as day that people here care more about N64 emulation than being able to play just a few RPGs, no matter how popular they are. And you want to rally people together to prove that this is what Adventus should be spending his time on it, and you shouldn't be implying that his work is dictated by popular demand.

Maybe people are reading too much into it but there's a certain manner of being "above reproach" when it comes to posting things like this. I don't think you deserve to be totally chastised but there's no sense being so defensive over it, you really just shouldn't make threads like this in the future.
You are correct. A statistical perspective is that this prompt is biased and slanted, thus confounding the result of the poll(public voluntary polls are already not classified as totally dependable sources of data). (I am in Statistics, university level)

Ummmm, this really isn't neccessary. I'm sure I mentioned it elsewhere, I did compile GemRB for the pandora devboard but SDLVideo doesn't work on my current OS setup. It loads all the plugins then just fails when the call to SDL_SetVideoMode is made. This might change soon.

Back