Has Anyone Done Anything On Gemrb?

Tokiopop

Sort of just tried to forget about the Pandora for a while, so the wait isn't as bad.

I haven't seen much info about GemRB on the Pandora, has anyone tried it yet?

Pickle got it to work on a demo I believe. If I recall correctly, Adventus announced a plan to work on it as well.

i think i´ll try it out when i receive my pandora this week. hm i should ask pickle if he can upload his first gemRB attempt on pandora....
as caine already said it was got to work only on a demo version, this worked not fine. but that´s not saying much, he doesn´t have any full version of a gemRB supported game.
i´m wondering why he didn´t load an image of baldurs gate 2, ok not quite legal...but come on guys, it´s only for demonstration! :)
imho we should be glad about every killer ap we can get on pandora!

ZoxFox said:
i think i´ll try it out when i receive my pandora this week. hm i should ask pickle if he can upload his first gemRB attempt on pandora....
as caine already said it was got to work only on a demo version, this worked not fine. but that´s not saying much, he doesn´t have any full version of a gemRB supported game.
i´m wondering why he didn´t load an image of baldurs gate 2, ok not quite legal...but come on guys, it´s only for demonstration! :)
imho we should be glad about every killer ap we can get on pandora!

skeezix tried to get a retail version running, but i remember right couldnt get it to get in game.
But maybe someone has better luck, heres a beta version:

pickle.gp2x.de/gemrb-pnd.zip

Please give feedback if anyone tries it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got retail versions of the Baldurs Gate games, the Ice Wind Dale games and Planscape Torment so I can give those a try when I get my Pandora. I hope to get it sometime soon as I'm 200-300 in Craigs queue.

I am seriously looking forward to GemRB on the Pandora.

Thanks Pickle you are a star.

BaDToaD said:
I've got retail versions of the Baldurs Gate games, the Ice Wind Dale games and Planscape Torment so I can give those a try when I get my Pandora. I hope to get it sometime soon as I'm 200-300 in Craigs queue.

I am seriously looking forward to GemRB on the Pandora.

You may want to try GemRB right now; Torment and Ice Wind Dale 2, at least, were not really complete when last I played them. So porting may only be part of the work.

I didn't unzip it, but if thats the one I saw awhile back, you're unzipping and running it from the Terminal. (not a pnd file.)

The problem I ahd was.. could start up a game, create characters .. when I got to the actual game play (map in middle, portraits around the edges), the map part was just white; clicking in there would segfault. I think the actual map rendering module didn't load, or ran out of ram, or somesuch. We needed to debug more I think :)

jeff

skeezix said:
I didn't unzip it, but if thats the one I saw awhile back, you're unzipping and running it from the Terminal. (not a pnd file.)

The problem I ahd was.. could start up a game, create characters .. when I got to the actual game play (map in middle, portraits around the edges), the map part was just white; clicking in there would segfault. I think the actual map rendering module didn't load, or ran out of ram, or somesuch. We needed to debug more I think :)

jeff

i´m pretty sure these guys can help us :)
http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=91

I approve of this thread!

I have all Infinity Engine games on disks and to be able to play them on the Pandora is one of the biggest reason i bought one (not the only of course), i really hope we can get it working. I know there are some people who was able to get it running and running good on N900 so the hardware shouldn't be the problem. When i get my Pandora i will get right down to testing it!

i assume that i can play bg2 etc. with german translation when i put the data from the german version in the correlate directory....
i loved the german synchro... :)

I really hope that someday we will be able to enjoy one of the greatest games of all time on our pandoras: Planescape: Torment.
Awesome. So, has anybody tried BG1 yet?
Should be finishable by now. :)

Nupfi said:
I really hope that someday we will be able to enjoy one of the greatest games of all time on our pandoras: Planescape: Torment.
Awesome. So, has anybody tried BG1 yet?
Should be finishable by now. :)
According the the GemRB team, BG1 can be finished.

Just as a reminder, IWD, BG1 and SoA can be completed.

It's just getting them to work on the Pandora ;)

After some hours of fiddling, I am glad to report that Baldur's Gate 1 is working in GemRB 0.60 on my one nubber.
Maybe I can post a movie this evening.

Cheers.

JurnD said:
After some hours of fiddling, I am glad to report that Baldur's Gate 1 is working in GemRB 0.60 on my one nubber.
Maybe I can post a movie this evening.

Cheers.
Wow! Thank you very much for putting in the time and effort.

A video would be lovely! :D :D :D

Back