Halfway April

AFAIK, the stress testing of the mass production boards will be the critical step in determining how quickly the finished product will be able to ship. Even if we knew for sure when the first product ships, after all the certifications and so forth, we would still need to know what percentage of the boards need to be tested. I could be wrong about that however.

'Bosbeetle' said:
I think so it still is first ordered first sent.
Yeah, that is official. Would be nice with random though! :D
I agree with most people here, it has been quiet for a while. But I do not take this as a particular bad thing. Just because they aren't sharing every move with us doesn't mean that they aren't making progress!
But as an orderer I'm of course eager to hear about every step. I get a sort of rush for every update, and I'm sure I'm not alone with that. I understand it's more productive and important to direct the energy to the finishing of the Pandora instead of writing small updates and taking pictures and stuff but... Can we please have a little update? Pretty please with cherry on top? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
'cobaltage' said:
AFAIK, the stress testing of the mass production boards will be the critical step in determining how quickly the finished product will be able to ship. Even if we knew for sure when the first product ships, after all the certifications and so forth, we would still need to know what percentage of the boards need to be tested. I could be wrong about that however.
didn't dealing with banks cause enough stress ;)

'GuSec' said:
'Bosbeetle' said:
I think so it still is first ordered first sent.

Yeah, that is official. Would be nice with random though! :D
I agree with most people here, it has been quiet for a while. But I do not take this as a particular bad thing. Just because they aren't sharing every move with us doesn't mean that they aren't making progress!
But as an orderer I'm of course eager to hear about every step. I get a sort of rush for every update, and I'm sure I'm not alone with that. I understand it's more productive and important to direct the energy to the finishing of the Pandora instead of writing small updates and taking pictures and stuff but... Can we please have a little update? Pretty please with cherry on top? ;)
i dont really need an update, I'll go with no news is good news :)

'Bosbeetle' said:
i dont really need an update, I'll go with no news is good news :)
Meh.. come on. That's very pessimistic of you, updates are for me signs of progress and extremely uplifting! Am I alone on this one?

'GuSec' said:
'Bosbeetle' said:
i dont really need an update, I''''ll go with no news is good news :)

Meh.. come on. That's very pessimistic of you, updates are for me signs of progress and extremely uplifting! Am I alone on this one?
Its only optimisitic in my insane little world no updates is a good thing aswell as updates, its a win win situation.

'GuSec' said:
I get a sort of rush for every update, and I'm sure I'm not alone with that.
Its like cocaine, I'm high for 5 min then I'm desperately searching for more

please please give me my fix, I'm feending man, hardcore

'MonkeyChops' said:
''GuSec'' said:
I get a sort of rush for every update, and I''''m sure I''''m not alone with that.
Its like cocaine, I''m high for 5 min then I''m desperately searching for more

please please give me my fix, I'm feending man, hardcore

I'm not totally experienced but I'm pretty sure both the high from cocaine and updates last longer than five minutes...
Also the withdrawal symptoms seem to come strong like now. Craigix?

'Mithrildor' said:
So 1.5 - 2.5 months waiting time left I guess.
Exactly, everybody knows that the release date of Pandora is (and always was) exactly two months from now.

They said they were going to send out 200 early ones for testing, so I mean we're likely going to hear about these people (mostlikely people in the UK) getting them a couple of weeks before any of us regular folk get them so it's pointless to wonder about a release date.

Craig said the idea of sending out 200 for testing to certain volunteers with a lot of time on their hands had come up. That was one post, and there's been no discussion about it since.

As for the CNC replacement part, I don`t think that`s even been started (if I can trust google translate). There is an interview in German with Ed that I found at [today.openpandora.org/?p=1306] where they talk about the case (not sure the original source). This question and answer:

Flyn: schickt ihr zum hersteller nur die korrigierten maße des gehäuses, um gleich die gußform zu ordern oder lasst ihr vorsichtshalbern nochmal einen cnc fräsen?
EvilDragon: Weiß ich nicht, denke, ein CNC ist bereits in Arbeit.

Google translates into:

Flyn: sends you to the vendor only the corrected dimensions of the housing to the same mold to order or let her vorsichtshalbern again a cnc mill?
EvilDragon: I do not think that a CNC is already in the works.

I tried a few other translators with similar results.

No,totally wrong :p German to English translation almost always returns crap,especially for real-live conversations.
It really means:
I don't know,I think a new CNC is already worked on.

and the wrath of the easterbunny

:D Mr Bungle, yeah? Heavily influenced by cardiacs dontcha know.

My crappy own translation of that:

EvilDragon: I don't know, I think, that a CNC is already in production.

Soz, dont have enough skillz in german to translate what flyn said

BackAssward said:

Flyn: schickt ihr zum hersteller nur die korrigierten maße des gehäuses, um gleich die gußform zu ordern oder lasst ihr vorsichtshalbern nochmal einen cnc fräsen?
EvilDragon: Weiß ich nicht, denke, ein CNC ist bereits in Arbeit.

I translate it into:
Free Translation said:
Flyn: Are you going to send the correct measurements for the case directly to the factory and order the moulds or are you going to create another CNC, to be on the safe side?
EvilDragon: Don't know, I think that a CNC is already being produced.
OK, no more half-true speculative or machine-translated translations (but my translation probably sucks, too).

'dflemstr' said:
OK, no more half-true speculative or machine-translated translations (but my translation probably sucks, too).
Thanks for the effort. It's actually kinda odd that no ones posted a thread here about the interview, and asked for a translation. I guess I'll get on that.

New CNC'd cases should be done in a couple of days if the predicted build time is still accurate. I'm trying to get my own UPS account set up so we don't have to play "musical chairs" with the shipping anymore. That will probably shave a week off of delivery time if these things can come right to me!

By the way, these ones will be clear so that I can monitor the hinge action, cable rotation and the fit of components inside while the whole thing is together. :)

Back