Release Date And Battery Question

christo930

I was wondering if anyone knows the new release date for the WIZ? Playasia says april 2009 which is almost over. Are they still planing on an April release (before next Friday)?

I was looking at the specs for the WIZ and I noticed it is only a 2ah battery which would make it a 7.2watt hour battery. My AA's are 3 watt hours so 2 of them is 6 watt hours, obviously not much less. So what kind of battery life is to be expected? I'm sure the WIZ has some power usage improvements, plus some loss due to the faster cpu. So I guess I am asking if anyone knows how much power it uses and how much longer will it last than a pair of AAs.

Is the battery it uses a standard? Would you be able to order a battery for a particular phone or something? This is the one area that I am really disappointed in with the WIZ and the Pandora. I still use my Atari 2600 so I expect I will be using my gp32 and GP2X for many many years and it's nice to know that I will never run out of battery sources for them. I would hate to have the battery be obsolete in a couple of years and have them no longer available. Lithium Polymer batteries go bad just from sitting on the shelf, so It's not like you could stock up on them.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of your questions have been answered somewhere. There was a question on using a phone battery awhile back and I'm sure the answer was no. The release date is set for the first week of may when GPH will be shipping units to retailers. I think this process has already begun, It might pay to search the forums a bit

Last edited by a moderator:
Back