Where Is My £200 Handheld?

as well as caricatures, trying to point out where someone's argument is ridiculous is also a very common technique, and when as bored of these threads as i am, i employ with a very broad brush stroke. sadly people are so impassioned about their rage that they cant see through the red in their eyes to see the points where you DO acknowledge what they are saying and agree, but whatever
currently i am sad that the pro-video thread seems to have lopped off the steady flow of quick short term satisfying videos that have at the very least kept me going over the past 7 months. i hope the big one is ready sooon

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure anyone could understand how someone would feel unhappy about preordering for so long and constantly being dissapointed. All I can say is, hold onto your preoder and be a part of history... well, not quite as significant as if it came out last year, or even today, but certainly when it comes out, yahtzee will write a very good review of it. :p

Part of history yes -

Lets hope those of use who reordered and paid some time ago get it soon rather then just getting a piece of just HISTORY.. Technology moves faster then time....

But using such a caricature to point out how childish someone is being can cause them to take a step back and re-assess how they are acting
I see. Most interesting. And how do all the other Martians feel about this?Sorry, I don't get it. Oh. My point was that real humans don't seem to react like that in my experience.
Sure they do! If you say to someone "This is how you are acting, and how it looks to other people," often (or I should say hopefully) they will stop and consider it. We can still be nice about it though. :)
You never answered my other question though: the project on your website looks neat! Is it something you plan on porting to Pandora? I downloaded it to try and play around with a bit, but couldn't get it running (this was on the Windows 7 RC1, so that's probably why).

not to mention Pandoras flagship exclusive game has to be finalised, just as soon as Duke Nuke-em Forever is finished we are good to go :pandora1: :D :p ;)

Oh, thanks! I am definitely considering porting it to Pandora. (I actually developed it originally on Linux.) It depends on how easy it is to get it rendering on OpenGL ES. I'll also have to optimize a bit so that I can hit the RAM target. It should be perfectly doable. Pandora's controls will be perfect for it!

It won't be a "launch title" though. I sort of have a hard time getting enthusiastic without a Pandora actually in my hands.

It was written in C++, with straight OpenGL and OpenAL.

Thanks for noticing! :)

but couldn't get it running (this was on the Windows 7 RC1, so that's probably why).
One serious flaw in the current version is that it crashes instantly if you don't have OpenAL runtimes installed. Most people have OpenAL already so its usually not a problem.
I keep meaning to fix that, sorry.

I have been looking for a new phone, and this does look nice and shiny. It says it's unlocked, which is an extra bonus, but it doesn't say how it's used. Does it take SIM card, do you think?

edit: oh yeah, there in one of the pictures is the SIM slot. Definitely something to consider.

Not a gamer. Just a regular joe. The pandora would have been my first console.
Originally, I wanted the pandora to watch movies, and mild gaming.
Found out most games I was interested in won't work.
I still waited patiently and paid with money order when time came.

Come July, it will be my second vacation when I won't have the device. But I'll still wait.

However, when Windows 7 is out and the Asus T91 multitouch is released, I will request a refund on the pandora.
Sorry, but technology advances very fast and the Pandora already stopped satisfying my needs.

/end rant.

I have been looking for a new phone, and this does look nice and shiny. It says it's unlocked, which is an extra bonus, but it doesn't say how it's used. Does it take SIM card, do you think?

edit: oh yeah, there in one of the pictures is the SIM slot. Definitely something to consider.
I had a look at that website as I have a blackberry 8820. Awful device, I apologise for this post being OT but IHMO smartphones like the blackberry aren't worth the money - not much advantage over a normal mobile! The blackberry 8820's only plus points are GPS, a (sort of) keyboard and a slightly larger screen. Other than that, it's no better than a run-of-the-mill mobile (just as slow as well!).

I'd be cautious about buying a phone off that chinavision website -- I wonder how reliable they are for that price, or will it be faulty in 6 months? I can't find much about them outside that website either, which is a bit of a minus. And (for me) the software's propietary so I can't see it working with my linux system, probably end up having to install some godawful exe file or something x.x . And it dosen't look like any of their phones can be used as a modem!

ljones

I had a look at that website as I have a blackberry 8820. Awful device, I apologise for this post being OT but IHMO smartphones like the blackberry aren't worth the money - not much advantage over a normal mobile! The blackberry 8820's only plus points are GPS, a (sort of) keyboard and a slightly larger screen. Other than that, it's no better than a run-of-the-mill mobile (just as slow as well!).

I'd be cautious about buying a phone off that chinavision website -- I wonder how reliable they are for that price, or will it be faulty in 6 months? I can't find much about them outside that website either, which is a bit of a minus. And (for me"] the software's propietary so I can't see it working with my linux system, probably end up having to install some godawful exe file or something x.x . And it dosen't look like any of their phones can be used as a modem!

ljones[/quote]Look at their youtube channel. Quite a bit there.

Back