Half The Protoype Case

truekaiser said:
btw how did you know i was using firefox? you and the board admin's sharing my user agent/broswer info/ip behind my back? or was it a wild guess?
I referenced Firefox only to set up a joke about a reality blocking addon. Of course, on a site like this full of computer people, 90% are probably using Firefox. Whether or not you did, I didn't know or care. Little paranoid?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
truekaiser said:
btw how did you know i was using firefox? you and the board admin's sharing my user agent/broswer info/ip behind my back? or was it a wild guess?
I referenced Firefox only to set up a joke about a reality blocking addon. Of course, on a site like this full of computer people, 90% are probably using Firefox. Whether or not you did, I didn't know or care. Little paranoid?

i was just running through the possibility's.

Nightwheel said:
I Just hope the Case will be sanded smooth. Looks rough on the hands right now.
Yes, the final case is supposed to be much smoother than what is shown in the picture. It has that texture because it was made using FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling).

It's the Holiday break right now - the season of goodwill and all that - these guys are like us - normal :blink: human beings and deserve a chill out period. The past few months has been beset by probably the start of one of the biggest financial crisis and recessions in history, which have not helped the OpenPandora project one bit ...

So PLEASE give the developers some respect and well earned time off

Bug them in the New Year - thats when things will start happening again

Right now - Everybody just chill - the Pandora is coming, albeit a little slower than expected

When you get yours you'll be singing :eek: 'I bet it could be christmas everyday!!' - like Me!! :rolleyes:

======

gp32_console + :gp2x and hopefully a :pandora1:

http://gp2xwizandpandora.blogspot.com/

Mithrildor said:
Btw , the ABXY are way to small
What you see is the keypad. Over those "small" ABXY keypad keys, there will be placed real ABXY buttons. Just like on the left side, with the pad over the 4 keypad buttons.

PoisonedV said:
I personally wouldn't worry about controls too much
imho the DS (at least the DS lite) has horrible controls and ergonomics but I still enjoy using it
Thats ridiculous. The vast majority of people will be using the Pandora for gaming. Dont worry about the controls too much ? Thats one of the key things !!!

If the controls are bad then lots of people wont buy it.

psj3809 said:
PoisonedV said:
imho the DS (at least the DS lite) has horrible controls and ergonomics but I still enjoy using it
Thats ridiculous. The vast majority of people will be using the Pandora for gaming. Dont worry about the controls too much ? Thats one of the key things !!!

Please don't start that battle again.

We should just rename the device from the Pandora to the OoGhiJ MIQtxxXA to cover all the bases of what it can do.

psj3809 said:
PoisonedV said:

im saying you get used to things. i never said anything about not using it for gaming, stop assuming and stop moaning about subjects you yourself introduced

I'm still wondering what they're going to use to fill the gaps around the analog nubs. The holes are that size because there was a metal base for the old analog nubs that was that size, but that no longer exists and there is a gaping hole between the case and the nubs that exposes the PCB. I'm sure they've got some sort of solution, but I'm still wondering what that solution is.

Bath sealant.

Surely you don't think they got this far and said "oh shit! we forgot those huge holes around the nubs"?

TaG said:
Bath sealant.

Surely you don't think they got this far and said "oh shit! we forgot those huge holes around the nubs"?

along with - "oh crap! we've left the screen ribbon to go fully outside the case where it can easily get broken"...

That slit at the back by the left hinge can't really be where the ribbon comes out can it? I was expecting it to come through the hinge, I guess. Have we discussed this before?

a

Back