hakmanplayer

Related videos FTW:

Z6SQi.jpg

Well, I don't want to fan the flames here, but he has posted a second video.

If you don't want to watch the video (and give it more views) here are is points on the problems that people need to be aware of before buying the pandora from reading the forums

1) Unstable battery problem

2) Cracks in the casing

3) The AC Adapters are broken

4) The SD Card Slots are broken and won't read the cards

5) Broken LCD cables that cause the PTOD, the purple tint of death

I was going to put comments to each of these, but isn't worth my time. And I've been following the forums to know the causes of most of these problems have been fixed as more people use them and the pandora is improved or are a cause of random electronic failings (much like 4 hard drives, 2 sd cards, a ps1, and a monitor that all died on me before being used for a month that has happened in my lifetime). I feel like I wasted enough time to repeat his comments to reduce video views.

Last weekend I went to see X-Men: First Class and it was AAA+++ AWESOME!!! I wouldn't mind seeing The Green Lantern on my birthday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man.. I didn't realize OpenPandora supported Hitler. Kind of wish I hadn't ordered my unit and waited years to receive it now. I only placed the order because I was acting under the assumption that they were anti-Hitler. Man do I feel silly now.

That's why I said he needed to be honest about what he was mad about, seeing how he was previously writing how much he loved his device. Fact is, he is a childish angry man who has to have things work easily for him or he lashes out in anger. When he was banned from the forum, suddenly the problem was with his Pandora? No, he was trying to hurt everyone involved and yes, because he was monitoring this thread only proves he expected this and was prepared to see what people would say. He apparently gets off on how people respond to his ranting. We know he would likely have problems with emulators on a PC, but he won't make video's about that cause most people out there have a PC of some kind and would recognize instantly that the fault lies with him.

Man.. I didn't realize OpenPandora supported Hitler. Kind of wish I hadn't ordered my unit and waited years to receive it now. I only placed the order because I was acting under the assumption that they were anti-Hitler. Man do I feel silly now.

You should get off lightly, you were only obeying (pre)orders... :lol:

sorry, had to be done....

anyway I'm not sure if I even want to justify this video by watching it, words escape me for this kind of behaviour...

I like the first video with the fishy best.

I'm missing the birds in his latest two videos...

But no wonder he has problems with the Pandora - look at when he opened it in his third video! He's got the DPad on the right side!

That's really impossible to play with!

Well, jokes aside... his "buyers beware" is outdated for a while already.

* He mentions broken nubs: No units with broken nubs have been shipped since last year September. So no problem with new buyers.

* PTOD (LCD Cable problem): The new tested cable which is being used doesn't have this issue. So no problem with new buyers.

* He mentions it doesn't stay in proper posititon (only open and closed): Well, that is the proper position for gaming. I agree a mid-position was nice, but it wasn't possible and that's nothing broken here but a design thing.

* WiFi: Problems are mostly narrowed down to be a router behaviour. Then again, every device seems to have problems with some routers. My Pandora works fine with my router, but my Wii won't get faster speeds than 100kB/s.

* SD-Slots: Except for the few issues where the second slot was a bit stiff the first time you inserted a card, I can't remember that there are many issues with SD Card slots.

* Outdated hardware: Yeah, we know. Though it's not as outdated as the PSP, the XBox360, the Wii or the PS3. Those are all way older than the OMAP3...

So, wheee, most of his beware-stuff is based on the very first units with flaws that have been fixed already. Awesome.

I think he should also do a Buyers beware...

- Xbox360: Outdated hardware and RRoD.

- Wii: Outdated hardware and disc reading problems (many of the first units suffered from this)

... and so on.

I love how he thinks we support Hitler but in the same video mentions his Gizmondo which has been created by Carl Freer who is one nice criminal.

I just had a second thought about this... let me know if I missed something in my summary.

A man with a bird on his shoulder who seems to be 50 but behaves like 12 (if you read his posts / eMails) makes a video with async sound on YouTube, tells me I got a lousy life and wishes I get brain cancer... how surreal is THAT?

I bet seeing audio sync issues in a video must be torture for you being in the business :D

That's because the video runs about twice the speed and the audio normal speed.

Therefore, the whole thing stops when the video is over.

* He mentions broken nubs: No units with broken nubs have been shipped since last year September. So no problem with new buyers.
Sorry to contradict you , but that's not entirely correct. My Pandora, delivered to me on May 2011, it's awaiting a nub replacement on your office (or so I hope). And there were more cases in the same batch of Pandoras, as I could see on the forums when I reported my problem.

I just had a second thought about this... let me know if I missed something in my summary.

A man with a bird on his shoulder who seems to be 50 but behaves like 12 (if you read his posts / eMails) makes a video with async sound on YouTube, tells me I got a lousy life and wishes I get brain cancer... how surreal is THAT?
It's been a long road since you guys set out on this journey, but now you can truly say it: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Sorry to contradict you , but that's not entirely correct. My Pandora, delivered to me on May 2011, it's awaiting a nub replacement on your office (or so I hope). And there were more cases in the same batch of Pandoras, as I could see on the forums when I reported my problem.

Well, that's interesting, it seems like CC sneaked some old boards in there. Maybe those had issues from the beginning and had been fixed by them.

I just repaired your Pandora yesterday and it had an old serial number on the board, it definitely has been produced before the nub issue was resolved.

I always check for serial numbers when I repair Pandoras, just for an internal statistic.

And so far, I have not gotten a board with the new serial numbers and a broken nub.

ok I caved in and had a look... 3 videos! REALLY!?

I'm not sure I know what "technologically endowed" means, I would imagine it has something to do with how robocop goes to the bathroom?

gotta say I agree with ED, the guy should probably go see a doctor he's clearly nuttier than squirrel sh*t.

Video Viewer Beware! This videos are guarantee to drive you crazy. Let opine from my list of defects and/or side effects.

Lack of video/audio sync!

Lack of fashion sense!

Crazy bird!

Brain cancer!

Boredom!

I wonder how many times it will take for a video to be recorded/uploaded correctly.

Proud to be a VUNDERFOOL pandora owner :)

My N64's hardware has been outdated for years, and yet I still enjoy playing it. I bought a Nintendo DS Lite just last month to replace my old one when it broke. Its hardware is outdated too.

I suppose I need to be educated on why devices lose all usefulness or meaning after a couple of years.

// Sorry for his disposition, but I am glad that Hakman has left.

Well, that's interesting, it seems like CC sneaked some old boards in there. Maybe those had issues from the beginning and had been fixed by them.

I just repaired your Pandora yesterday and it had an old serial number on the board, it definitely has been produced before the nub issue was resolved.

I always check for serial numbers when I repair Pandoras, just for an internal statistic.

And so far, I have not gotten a board with the new serial numbers and a broken nub.

I'm thinking my Pandora may be one of those too, unfortunately.

I'm going to wait a few months before I RMA (when things are running smooth again).

I wish I had some of the new nubs to compare mine with... *really wish I didn't have to send my Pandy away... I'm getting anxious just thinking about it* :unsure:

The Pandora has survived a few volcano eruptions, it will also survive this guy.

brain cancer an a nice weekend ;)

You know what? My aunt has brain cancer. She's lying in a bed somewhere, paralyzed.

Why would he wish that on anybody?

Back