hakmanplayer

Quite simply the man is an insult to my generation. His antics on the forums were more akin to a teenager, except that's an insult to the teenagers that frequent our forums, any of which have more intelligence and respect than the bumbling fool that is hackmanplayer.

---

I would like to state to anyone reading this thread from outside the community that the Pandora is a fantastic device but does come with a few user requirements.

1. You need a bit of intelligence or a lot of points 2 and 3. The Pandora isn't simple to use compared to an ipad, although it's getting there.

2. You need patience and to RTFM

3. You need to treat forum members with respect when asking for advice

If you can meet the above requirements then please do join our friendly community and experience one of the most unique bits of kit the planet has to offer.

I guess to some people there's no such thing as negative attention. Kind of like a cat knocking stuff down when it's hungry, only cats are cute and he isn't XD

But yeah I've lurked around these parts long enough to know that anyone saying anything negative about ED needs to have their head examined.

But yeah I've lurked around these parts long enough to know that anyone saying anything negative about ED needs to have their head examined.

Not sure about that, I'm pretty sure there are negative things about me as well.

There's not a single person in the whole world without any negative sides.

The question is how you treat them.

If you want people to treat you well and tolerate your negative sides, you should also tolerate the negative sides of others. That's what I'm trying to do, but I'm far away from being perfect.

Wow... I missed this?? Damn.

I thought this guy was a lot younger, too. Sure acted like that. Also, did the audio and video get out of sync for anyone else?

This is so weird! I thought I might dangle my plums into the fray too, as after reading the youtube comments I realise that he is addressing the community as a whole, which includes me, and also that I have experienced some of his outbursts while trying to help him in the past.

So the points were basically: A.) it creaks - my xbox 360 and my ps3 creak when I pick them up too, and my megadrive, and virtually everything I have ever owned that is made entirely of plastic. So point A = 'I confirm that it is made of plastic' brilliant. B.) You'll have trouble using it if you aren't technological - I believe that we may have triumphed here in so far as we were able to instruct this gentleman how to operate most of the emulators. So point B = 'If you aren't technical then there is a lovely community of helpful people available to assist you with your issues, who will do so even when being insulted' Smashing. and finally C.) it does not play n64 and playstation games flawlessly - I can't vouch for the N64 because although I did own one, I hated it! But so far I have not experienced any problems with ps1 games. So point C = guh guh guh buh snuh brrrrptptpttttttttt

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'know I really think the bird hammered home his case. I for one always take a man with a bird on his shouldder seriously!

now, back to Ncmpcpp for some music whilst I get on with my work

please do join our friendly community

Well the community just got a little bit friendlier, didn't it?

Not sure about that, I'm pretty sure there are negative things about me as well.

There's not a single person in the whole world without any negative sides.

Granted, but like most sensibly minded people, you don't go around highlighting your negatives for all the world to see.

The marvel of the internet is that people you wouldn't talk to in the pub can come across as a really nice, level headed person. Conversely it's possible for quiet, agreeable people to vent their spleen in the most outspoken way.

Then of course, there are the complete tools who you wouldn't want to converse with IRL or on the net.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had a second thought about this... let me know if I missed something in my summary.

A man with a bird on his shoulder who seems to be 50 but behaves like 12 (if you read his posts / eMails) makes a video with async sound on YouTube, tells me I got a lousy life and wishes I get brain cancer... how surreal is THAT?

Anyone who can say things like that to ED is not welcome here - even Craig does not deserve comments like that!

The idea of the Pandora at the moment is a device that you need to mess about with to get things to work - the future may bring greater simplicity if Craig has his way but for now it's not for people with no patience or common sense!

What's to stop him creating a new account with a completely different username? That's one thing I hate about the Internet. I sign in with my Facebook account as have nothing to hide.

What's to stop him creating a new account with a completely different username? That's one thing I hate about the Internet. I sign in with my Facebook account as have nothing to hide.

the fact it's obvious, and if needed sony can just slap an ip ban on whatever he logs in with :p

(some people have nothign to hide, but wouldn't touch facebook with a bargepole XD)

Everything he says about the faults is part and parcel what he/we signed up for - in the early days I was expecting something slapped together but with awesome controls - that is what I signed up for.

He mentions prototype - of course it is - the emulators etc are down to the Devs not OPT and from what I can gather some of them are very good.

Considering the number of Pandoras vs even the GP32 the quality of software is remarkable.

Back