Evildragon's Cebit Speech Now With English Subtitles

Fishbong said:
What's so bad about using Firefox that you can't at least have it installed?
Anyway, fifth part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ub_d0H3aFQ
keeps tellin me 'this video is private' =/ (on a real comp this time too)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the video and translations :)
i only watched part 1 and 2 since i dont hear anything about pandora anymore.
I like to know the history, but i dont care about other consoles that are no better then pandora :p

I uploaded the video as private before the captions were finished so i could just add them and switch to puplic later and save time. So maybe some youtube servers aren't up to date yet.

@Borgqeen: It starts getting fun in part 4. Part 3 is the most boring one.

Fishbong said:
I uploaded the video as private before the captions were finished so i could just add them and switch to puplic later and save time. So maybe some youtube servers aren't up to date yet.

ah thanks, nice part indeed.
ED, how many people where listening? make a gamble?:)

nerach said:
Aninhumer said:
Mozilla and others are still perfectly able to use the OS's video libraries to play the video, an approach which makes much more sense from a technical point of view regardless of legal factors. Since both Win7 and OSX can play h264 out of the box, and most Linux distros have easy access to packages available which allow it, this wouldn't be a problem.
Yeah... but no !
Forcing people to do something illegal isn't a good think even if it's easy / with low-risk.
Currently people use a licensed binary h264 decoder embedded in the flash plugin to play web video.
In order to remain legal (in the US), they would have to use a licensed binary h264 plugin with firefox to play HTML5 videos.

However, with Flash, users for whom software patents are not an issue are still being forced to use a binary plugin for which there is no free software alternative (that actually works well).
With HTML5, those users are free to use their perfectly good ffmpeg decoder to play the video.

So no one is being forced to do anything illegal.
They are just being made ABLE to do something illegal. :p

Now obviously, you can argue that if Google just used Ogg Theora the problems would go away, but there are so many technical issues with doing so, that it will never happen.
Not least, Theora is not even remotely competitive with h264.

Fishbong. Great work. Just thought i should re-encourage, so there it is ;- )
B!

Thanks Fishbong... Yes some TYPOs but overall very readable. Really appreciated the opportunity to see and understand ED's presentation :)

Great presentation ED. You inspire the most hackish of us to contribute what we come up with, knowing that even if it never goes main stream that in some way we will have contributed to the overall scheme of things and that our contribution will be appreciated. Can't wait to get my new toy!!!

Owen.

Defo said:
Just checked youtube html5 using chrome on windows 7, no subtitle option available.
Thank & Crap...
I'm not lucky with subtituled videos -_-

thank you for the subtitles! what a great presentation ED. its good 2 see you! that presentation was relaxing. sony and other company presentations like at e3 (never been) are boring. sure they have some good news here and there but you can tell its just a presentation. your presentation was plain and simple and real. ez stuff for you. thanks again.

borgqueenx said:
Fishbong said:

ED, how many people where listening? make a gamble? :)

I guess there were about 50 people listening right at the show, no idea how many were listening through Live radio :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
borgqueenx said:
Fishbong said:

ED, how many people where listening? make a gamble? :)

I guess there were about 50 people listening right at the show, no idea how many were listening through Live radio :)
thanks.

its funny how so few people know about pandora.
all people i know i told about pandora...but really no one knows the device.
they all say, meh thats bigger then a ds.
thy cant believe the size of it.
I also saw that in part 4. some guys arrived and where totally amazed and asked the specs.
you should have openend the pandora and show some minor basic stuff :p

And it's done! This is the best part of them all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE-oxcAA5NA

I worked a bit slower, but more thorough this time.

EDIT: Could a mod please change the topic description so it says "translation complete" instead of in progress?

Back