Guess What? A Port Of Gpsp (gba) To The Gp2x...

Okay, if you can get this emulator working @ decent playability (Ala, SSnes levels) by Spring break, you get a donation. I kid you not, i have a girl to impress with the playability of Golden sun & or Fire emblem....

Heh. It's funny, really, how many male gamergeeks(*) are convinced that females aren't interested in gaming. I know that this is the stereotype, but really - Do we have to buy into it so hard?

Ah, well, I'll put it down to a lack of firsthand experience :)

(*) If anyone feels offended at the word "geek", then please substitute something you feel more fitting. Me, I wear my geekiness with pride :)

Heh. It's funny, really, how many male gamergeeks(*) are convinced that females aren't interested in gaming. I know that this is the stereotype, but really - Do we have to buy into it so hard?

(*) If anyone feels offended at the word "geek", then please substitute something you feel more fitting. Me, I wear my geekiness with pride :)
Well duh, it's true.

Last edited by a moderator:

The word "geek" originates with side-show "circus geeks" — performers at carnivals who swallow various live animals, live insects, and so forth. Sometimes this would extend to biting the heads off of chickens or other small livestock.

Just thought you should know :lol:

Well duh, it's true.

What is true? That no girls/women are gamers? Have you tried talking to any? :)

Ok, so maybe I'm older than most around here (34, getting mouldy) but I could easily find five women around here who would be all "I want one!" if I showed them my Geep. I work as a Uni teacher, and the girl/woman in the room next to mine is mainly doing courseworks on our game programming courses. When I went with my son to the "open preschool" (I cannot translate this properly - Basically a place with a lot of toys, where parents with kids can come to let their kids play with each other), I often got into retro gaming discussions with the mothers of the other kids. Heck, even when I went to the masseur the other day, we chatted about gaming in general - She plays WoW with her 12-year old son, who gets a kick out of taunting others with "My mother's a higher level than you, ey!", although she confessed to be more into emulation since she's "more of a 2D person"...

You all must be looking in the wrong kind of places. Either that, or it's just swedish women that are weird :)

Is there a better word to use? "Girl" sounds all 12-year-oldish, and "women" sounds like 40-year-old mothers-of-two. In swedish, I would use "Tjej", which is a lot wider in its age connotations.

You all must be looking in the wrong kind of places. Either that, or it's just swedish women that are weird :)

In America, they either hide this fact very well or they are in fact just a rarity in general (not saying I haven't found one, I know one girl that just loves Guilty Gear...).

Just found this amazing thread, how's the project going? Sounds like there might be something in the Christmas stocking this year for all us GP2X users?

Good luck guys, the enthusiasm for this and your willingness to devote your spare time is ludicrously well appreciated!

Can't wait...

®

Hey Gruntfuggly - I've been around, but had a lot happening in recent months, got a new job etc etc, haven't had a lot of free time. I've been learning Japanese too which is pretty intense. I got a GP2X some time ago but it got put to one side for quite a while...

Just started getting back into the GP2X stuff again, was actually trying out critical's BBC emulator the other day which I was really impressed with. Can't wait for that to progress a little bit (needs a virtual keyboard) his Amiga emulator is also fantastic! How does the other BBC emulator compare?

Also loving VICE for all the new C64 stuff that it runs, and MAME.

At the moment, I'm playing around with making some icons for GMenu2X which is the other really great thing to have caught my eye. Used to really like all the Windups stuff on the GP32, so I thought I'd have some pixel art fun with the new 32x32 goodness!

Reading threads like this really makes me want to contribute to the community somehow, but only being a graphic designer means that icons is pretty much all I can do. Keeps me out of trouble...

Looks like I've come back at the right time with all the current projects - GBA would be such an achievement!

®

Fru T. Bunn's new emulator is looking very good - currently full speed without sound. He's hoping for a fair bit of optimization too, so it looks very promising!

Hopefully Critical and Fru T. Bunn can help each other and we'll end up with 100% (within reason) Beeb emulation...

GMenu2X is excellent - should be standard install...

...and GBA looks very promising too!

Good times indeed!

Kevkal: That post is hilarious! Unfortunately I'm only learning Japanese, I'm still English, so I'm just the best in the world at irony and drinking tea...

Perhaps he'll pay me for that.

®

Back