[gpsp] Exophase Has Done It Again! Incredible!

EvilDragon posted on Mar 28 2007 at 05:46 PM said:
SiDCrAzY posted on Mar 27 2007 at 08:06 PM said:
Didn't EvilDragon say he could fix that for you Exophase?
Sure can and still would do it ;)
Maybe after the two weeks blitz on the dynarec then? :D

Just had a quick play on this - very impressive - problem I have with this and probably all other emulators; I seem to easily hit a button in the menu that ends the program. Just me I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
News update for gpSP2X as well as psx4gp2x:
I was working on the psx4gp2x emulator and I have been improving it massively when I noticed I could only use the upper 32MB of non-cached memory (MMUHACK might not be working right on it yet) for the dynarec. If I use the lower 32mb of nice cached memory it would crash quickly. Well I found out the way I clear the icache and dcache in my dynarecs, as well as Exophase's current dynarec, is incorrect. I fixed it and both dynarecs should work much better. I'm a bit confused as to why gpSP2X even ran but the speed should be increased since...

...I just tested the dynarec using the low 32MB of RAM on psx4gp2x and it's MUCH FASTER! I didnt even add my optimizations yet and I'm getting 30FPS in games that would only give 2 FPS with the dynarec! I'm getting 10 FPS in-game in Wipeout XL with sound!

So expect great things with both dynarecs. I'll start a new thread for psx4gp2x dynarec news as to not disturb this thread more. This is great for both dynarecs though!

Yeah I'm liking this, updated Dosbox, open2x up and coming, gba already totally playable, and now zodttd rekindles the hopes of the 'apostate-3d-games-lovers' of a playstation emu with almost workable fps! What next an Xbox 360 emu?? :blink:

Zeladin posted on Mar 28 2007 at 03:47 PM said:
What next an Xbox 360 emu?? :blink:
Sssh, you'll jinx it :lol:

zodttd posted on Mar 28 2007 at 08:16 PM said:
...I just tested the dynarec using the low 32MB of RAM on psx4gp2x and it's MUCH FASTER! I didnt even add my optimizations yet and I'm getting 30FPS in games that would only give 2 FPS with the dynarec! I'm getting 10 FPS in-game in Wipeout XL with sound!

Just three words:

Oh My GOD!

You cannot even begin to imagine the big ol' smile this has put on my face!

zodttd posted on Mar 28 2007 at 03:16 PM said:
untitledat1.png

zodttd posted on Mar 28 2007 at 07:16 PM said:
News update for gpSP2X as well as psx4gp2x:

You should do your test with out sound, because my last build with the new sould core and the old dynarec was much faster than before with sound turned on...

una-i posted on Mar 28 2007 at 11:00 PM said:
You should do your test with out sound, because my last build with the new sould core and the old dynarec was much faster than before with sound turned on...

This must be important, because it's been a while since I last saw Una-i on this forum! Have you all been working on PSX4GP2X in secret?!? After the out-of-nowhere GBA emulator, PSX emulation would be the holy grail for the GP2X!!

This whole tread is a great read, and my 2x has just arrived with ED for a Dpad mod, its all very very exciting I can barly contain myself :)

Keep up the great work Exophase and Zodttd.

:D

PokeParadox posted on Mar 28 2007 at 10:11 PM said:
I just want to be able to play FF7 on the move ^__^
*cough* GBA, bows to Exophase!

Then get a PSP-it's perfect!!!

But great news.

lubidog posted on Mar 28 2007 at 10:29 PM said:
PokeParadox posted on Mar 28 2007 at 10:11 PM said:
I just want to be able to play FF7 on the move ^__^
*cough* GBA, bows to Exophase!

Then get a PSP-it's perfect!!!

But great news.

Ick... if there's one thing I'm not going to do... it's buy a console for the sake of one game >_>

Back