[gpsp] Exophase Has Done It Again! Incredible!

zodttd

Solving your premature emulation since the Tapwave
Website
www.zodttd.com
Hi everyone,

Well the pressure of seeing my dynarec seems to have worked, as Exophase has taken a week to work on the gpSP2X dynarec and I just received a extremely private build. He's done what people have said was impossible, and...

I am currently playing Sonic Advance 2 with frameskip turned off and sound turned on at 260MHz and I'm getting a steady 60 FPS. I think DaveC will be happy as will many others when this goes public! A lot of work has gone into this dynarec from Exophase and myself, so I strongly encourage you to give Exophase some appreciatation by at very least visiting his blog linked in my signature!

I'm going to clock down and find how low I can run Sonic Advance 2 at FS0 with sound and still get a steady 60 FPS, so we can get an idea of how it will run for people with low overclocks. Keep in mind though, I believe Exophase has a lot more optimizations he'd like to do, so performance will likely continue to rise, and there's still some bugs to work out. But overall this is amazing.

Exophase doesn't like to hype, which I completely understand, but I think this deserves some attention. I truly believe this will be an astonishing release.

The deal for the dynarec between Exophase and I was that I'd give him 2 weeks to work on it alone. There's still a week left, so let's see how good this gets. Very impressive stuff!

Once again, please make a friendly comment or thanks on Exophase's blog if you appreciate gpSP2X since the bar has definitely been raised. :)

Thanks everyone!

Ohh I'm going to have to test Sonic Battle now! I forgot about that one!
Sonic Advance 1 also ran equally well as Sonic Advance 2 at 260MHz. At 240MHz it ranges between 55 and 60 FPS. Even at 55 things were still really smooth.
At 240MHz Metroid Fusion ran at 53 FPS well into the first level until I stopped testing it.

So far it seems like it's between 1.5x and 2x faster than my fastest version of the dynarec. This is quite cool! :)

Whats neat about Exo is he came out of nowhere with this crazy emu for the PSP, and he's humble about it. Nutjob :)

Again kudos zod and exo

And zod's first dynarec too, nice :)

jeff

Wow! it's amazing.
Well based on build 9008, i've tested zelda minish cap with no frame skipping (0) the sound is just get stuttering as usual, but the FPS is around 60!
so I think there is possible if we can underclock or reach at fullspeed GBA emu for GP2X.
Good Work For Exo & Zod, :)

Ahua_Keren posted on Mar 26 2007 at 05:41 AM said:
Wow! it's amazing.
Well based on build 9008, i've tested zelda minish cap with no frame skipping (0) the sound is just get stuttering as usual, but the FPS is around 60!
so I think there is possible if we can underclock or reach at fullspeed GBA emu for GP2X.
Good Work For Exo & Zod, :)

Seems exophase wins a long overdue internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tag team :p

Skeezix lives! He lives! Thanks for the compliment, and good to see you around here. ;P

Back