GPD Win (x86 Computer / Palmtop)

ED, another small question if you don't mind.
Geekbuying offers a 1 year warranty on the devices they sell.
I tried to have a look around your store website but unfortunately could not find any information on this...do you offer something similar for the products you are selling via your shop?

ED, another small question if you don't mind.
Geekbuying offers a 1 year warranty on the devices they sell.
I tried to have a look around your store website but unfortunately could not find any information on this...do you offer something similar for the products you are selling via your shop?

Well, such information is not needed, as in Europe, you always have 2 years of warranty. That's the mininum required from the government.

Im Norway, (which is not in the EU), we have our own rules, which you conform to by default by selling anything over the web to Norway.
Those rules are stricter if you don't include the information, something about (in the case of online sales) 14 days of being able to return it, and then the two years. Its a one-pager that follows just about every online sale here.

https://lovdata.no/dokument/NL/lov/2002-06-21-34 is the whole thing for those who read Norwegian

Interesting side note, it seems GPD and many fans are of the same mind as people here in regards to the PGS. Pretty much a mirror discussion happening on their GPD chinese offiicial forum.
Some people saying hey , look at this PGS, its better an cheaper , while the majority are saying what we have been saying.
Well, you can say about GPD what you want (bad support, no software optimisation, terrible stand-by power drain, bollocks partitioning, strange design decisions from obvious non-gamers, planned obsolescence galore, etc...) but at least their stuff is real.

Pic of Engineering prototypes and packaging (below shelf)

W9YLrKu.jpg

I'm surprised they've got prototypes running but they're only showing still pictures. I wonder if they've got some sort of trouble that would make it look bad in a video

I'm surprised they've got prototypes running but they're only showing still pictures. I wonder if they've got some sort of trouble that would make it look bad in a video

They have published a number of videos as well in the past where they show games being played on the device.

`Basically I posted that pic to show the box they are planning to use (which may change). That was the only new bit of info there

Last edited:
I saw a video of it earlier, it doesn't show anything too exiting I guess that's for me. the frame rate doesn't seem quite right. let me find it.

That was literraly the first game they showed on their hand made prototype that wasn't optimised at all. And that game is known to have a bad port for Windows.

There were a number of other vids , there will be more when testers/reviewers get there hands on it soon
[doublepost=1467883483,1467861150][/doublepost]Here's the GPD WIN Prototype playing the game, funny enough also called "Prototype" (a 2009 title)

That was literraly the first game they showed on their hand made prototype that wasn't optimised at all. And that game is known to have a bad port for Windows.

There were a number of other vids , there will be more when testers/reviewers get there hands on it soon
[doublepost=1467883483,1467861150][/doublepost]Here's the GPD WIN Prototype playing the game, funny enough also called "Prototype" (a 2009 title)

sweet

Back