GPD WIN 3

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
The form factor is a slider, similar to the Sony Vaio UX Micro PC :)

Specs below.

1231b999fee7eb40.png

Attachments

• -2b61ccc6f79b9d86.jpg
    -2b61ccc6f79b9d86.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 326
  • -2808518aadb4e5d.jpg
    -2808518aadb4e5d.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 285
Looks like a cool form factor! I'm just not convinced by the keyboard in that render or on the prototype in that photo there. In my opinion, if you've got pretty much flat keys, you need to space them out.

Looks like a cool form factor! I'm just not convinced by the keyboard in that render or on the prototype in that photo there. In my opinion, if you've got pretty much flat keys, you need to space them out.

Plan so far is to make them capacitive touch keys

Not sure how practical the keyboard is, but at least it looks nice.
Reminds me of one of the GP2X prototypes, but that one had a flip screen not sliding.
xgp.jpg

The format is very intriguing... I always was curious about the Vaio UX UMPCs.

Considering the bench in the video, it's 50% faster than the Win Max at 15w vs 25w. Impressive! At 5w it should be as fast as the Win 2 - which is all I need, with probably total silence and very high battery life. Interesting...

Too bad the screen is smaller at 5.5", and those bezels...

Actually, I think a second touch display in place of the keyboard would have been way better. Windows 10 support multi displays perfectly and it could have acted as a dynamic keyboard - for instance for emulating old computers, DS / 3DS emulation, subtitles for videos, dictionary + text hooker for Japanese games, maps, walkthroughs, cheats, chat, TV, whatever... It would have been a pretty unique device and probably a must have in my opinion. This keyboard don't looks that good anyway...

Well, curious to see more!

I prefer the clamshell format. Keyboard probably won't be very good, but seeing how it's mostly a gaming device I don't think that's much of a problem, and it's much better than having no keyboard at all.
I've heard that GPD's QA has been improving so I might keep an eye on this one.

I like the size a lot.
However the screen might be a little bit too small.
However as it is a lot stronger than the AYA Neo this might be the device for me to get.
Form factor and Thunderbolt 4 is what does convince me.
I mainly want such a device to play in docked mode with an eGPU.

I do not care about how good the keyboard actually is as I don't plan on using it anyways except for some occasion where it's needed.

This is finally the first device from GPD I seriously consider buying and for which I have an actual use case for.
It has a powerful enough SoC to play games on its own and can run any game with an eGPU.
So this device will no be outdated too soon.
I hope that Intel will deliver good enough drivers so games are compatible with this device.
I mainly want it for Skyrim modding and stiff like that.

If you remember that gaming suitcase I posted some time ago, this will be the perfect device for it.
Not as big as the Aya Neo and powerful enough to play the games I want to play (and hopefully Switch games full speed as the Aya Neo is not strong enough)

Wow, already a new GPD...thing? :confused: They throw out these devices like others making Popcorn, right? xD

Well, they probably design multiple ones at the same time :D
I knew about the upcoming GPD Win 3 (including its design) since... I think it was January this year?
They just don't make stuff public before it's fully working :)

I think they also tried to use a Ryzen before, so it has been in development for quite some time. Probably started shortly after the GPD Win 2 had been released :)

Isn't Tiger Lake much faster than Ryzen's current gen SoCs?
Maybe the new Ryzen will beat Tiger Lake once again, but for the moment Intel should have been the better choice in my opinion.

Maybe the new Ryzen will beat Tiger Lake once again, but for the moment Intel should have been the better choice in my opinion.

Who knows? The Ryzen 4500U (Passmark: 11287 for CPU, 1841 for GPU) that is in the AYA Neo beats the one in the GPD Win MAX (Passmark: 8493 for CPU, 1075 for GPU), and it's a lot cheaper as well (the AYA Neo will be cheaper than the GPD Win MAX as well).
The Tigerlake Intel Core i7-1165G7 (Passmark: 11265 for CPU, not sure about GP, probably around 3000).

CPU speed will be the same, GPU is a bit faster. Price of the Intel CPU is 426$ (i7-1165G7) - for that price, you can a full 4500U Laptop.

Also, the AYA Neo uses the 4500U, but the competitor to the Tigerlake would probably be the 4700, which is faster (Passmark for CPU: 13844, GPU 2042), so you get more CPU power and less GPU for about half the price .)

Considering the shot with the Switch Lite, the Win3 is around the same width, which also make it the same width as... the WinMax!

So we're getting a similar size as the WinMax (but with around 30% less height) and a MUCH smaller screen (5.5" vs 8").

I'm really not sure about this. Did GPD change their designers? Even the XD2 don't make much sense to me...

Well, they probably design multiple ones at the same time :D
I knew about the upcoming GPD Win 3 (including its design) since... I think it was January this year?
They just don't make stuff public before it's fully working
How big is GPD actualy? They must indeed have enough manpower to develop multiple devices at the same time.

For such small mobile devices I would prefer the SoC that eats less power and needs less cooling than it's competitor, assuming both have comparable specs and performance.

Indeed it is/was.
It's the Sony Vaio UX Micro PC
Never heared of it. I guess it was not that big success for Sony? ^^"

As for the design. It has been designed since August 2019, that's when Wade (GPD CEO) first showed some of us his sketches and asked for our opinion.

The design change is because since day 1 , there has been a contingent of the community that have wanted this design. This was posted as an idea for the WIN 1, and I know a certain person that also speaks to GPD has been pushing his design since then.
GPD are giving it a go basically.

@fusion_power

GPD have 30 people in all

The device is literally lying on your fingers, as you otherwise couldn't reach the buttons. They are way too close to the outside.
Sorry, but i think its a design fail. The Switch is already difficult to hold, but here its even worse.
I want to hold my handheld (the name actually implies it already) not balancing it on my fingertips.
Why.... :(

Back