GPD WIN 2

Yeah, although if you go looking on the handhelds category you have to go to the second page after all of the various Pyra configurations and the GPD Pocket configs and the XD Plus, and then it shows simply as out of stock and not as preorderable (which to be fair, it actually isn't - the best you can do is sign up for notification as to when it becomes available).

I received my Unit 2 days ago. And I must admit: Wow!

It is better than the Win1 in every aspect. And it solved the main weaknesses of the Win1:
1. bigger screen (useful for using Windows properly)
2. far better keyboard
3. far more power (played FIFA 18 last night and it was great)

How is the dpad and front buttons?

They are mushy on the GPD XD.

Also, how about the positioning of the dpad and buttons to the inside instead of the outside? Is it uncomfortable after some time?

Thanks

How is the dpad and front buttons?

They are mushy on the GPD XD.

Also, how about the positioning of the dpad and buttons to the inside instead of the outside? Is it uncomfortable after some time?

Thanks

Never used a GPD XD. For me the D-pad is good. But I am not a D-pad afficionado. I found Pandora's D-pad ok. The D-Pad on the Nvidia Shield as well. And also this one.

Regarding positioning: No Problem for me. The new layout is fine. But i did not spend that much time to really answer this properly.

The Win 2 Dpad is almost the same as on the XD.
Maybe a tiny bit of improvement.

Sent from my Moto Z using Tapatalk

Truck Driving whit the GPD WIN Gamepad in Euro Truck Simulator (1) dosnt work that great for me, so lets hope its better on WIN 2...

But as every Game i wantet to play works on WIN 1, and i want to use my Pyra as my primary Workstation in my Office, i dotnt want to buy a WIN 2 yet..

Definitely nicer than Nintendo. Even with Ninty's attempt at a modern looking device with the Swiitch, it's toylike compared to the Win 2.

Nowadays, I always seem to tell all my mates that...

GPD Win 2 = The Best

GPD Win 3 is gonna have a very hard time topping it.
So, if I were GPD then I would just keep everything the same for GPD Win 3, for example, use the same keyboard, game controls and all, then finished it off with different internals (board with CPU/GPU) of course.

Btw, only time to change the case would be if/when they plan to increase the screen size to 6.4 or 7 inch.

Nowadays, I always seem to tell all my mates that...

GPD Win 2 = The Best

GPD Win 3 is gonna have a very hard time topping it.
So, if I were GPD then I would just keep everything the same for GPD Win 3, for example, use the same keyboard, game controls and all, then finished it off with different internals (board with CPU/GPU) of course.

Btw, only time to change the case would be if/when they plan to increase the screen size to 6.4 or 7 inch.
I think someone already brought up the idea of them keeping some things the same for the 3 and they already rejected it. It seems they want to keep iterating on everything. No problem with that, so long as they don't cause anything to get worse.

I wouldnt compare this to the Switch: the GPD WIN is basically a tiny Windows PC,
If i put on a TV, a USB Keyboard a Mouse and a Printer, i can use it easely for Work,
Its even faster than my Thinkpad, but i ditnt use it that much for PC Tasks because for me, the Windows 10 is to unoptimised for this little screen,
So its my Simulator Handheld :)..

The Pandora was often compared to the PSP, but thats also ditnt fit, as the PSP and the Switch are just Gaming Consoles, thats not that good for PC Work..

Well, not sure if it can be any better.
It's second to none.
Small inprivements would be welcome though. A better d-pad for one, some people have complained about this. A backlit keyboard would also be very handy and would be appreciated by quite a many people here i think. Also, while the hinge is really good on this device, I think they can do better. The NVIDIA Shield still has the best hinge out of any handheld imo, and I would like the Win 3 to mimic that. Having clicking sticks would be nice and is something that's always asked for, but I personally like their workaround of having L/R3 as shoulder buttons so I don't mind if they stick with this.

But yeah, I would mostly just want a backlit keyboard. They could also definitely improve the keycaps some more. I like the ridges they added to the WASD buttons and would've liked those to be on all the keys.

WASD ridges on the rest of the keys would defeat the purpose.

Also, a must buy below!!

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32889618456.html?trace=storeDetail2msiteDetail
Mmm not really. I reaally never saw a point in using WASD for older games when the left stick is akready mapped to WASD in mouse mode. The ridges, though, really help to differentiate between keys and would help the rest of the keyboard or would at least make it easier to press the keys for people with fatter thumbs.

Well, not sure if it can be any better.
It's second to none.

Let's see...

1. No backlit keyboard
2. No clickable analog sticks
3. No camera, front or back
4. Front buttons to the outboard position
5. Excessive fan noise
6. Better thermals
7. WIFI WEP3 capable
8. Stylus
9. Much better d-pad, like on the PS Vita

More?

Let's see...

1. No backlit keyboard
5. Excessive fan noise
6. Better thermals
7. WIFI WEP3 capable
8. Stylus

More?

Well, there is always room for improvement. :)

But GPD made a huge step forward (compared to the Win1) in just 18 months.

Let's see...

1. No backlit keyboard
5. Excessive fan noise
6. Better thermals
7. WIFI WEP3 capable
8. Stylus

More?
5 and 6, I don't really have much issue with the fan noise. There's really nothing you can do in a device so small while expecting the best performance possible for gaming. Maybe 10 years from now that will be different.
As for the stylus, you mean a wacom style pen? That would just increase the price even more and not many people would want it on such a small clamshell that's meant for gaming.

There's really nothing you can do in a device so small while expecting the best performance possible for gaming.
My main personal reason against buying a Win2 is that there is no silent mode, to me it's pure design stupidity to not even offer the option of a fanless mode when thermals allow it. That's one area they could certainly improve.

Got it, its awesome! noise doesnt bother me at all. i only hear it if i put the device against my head, my hearing kind of sux tho, and the speaker certainly out roar the fans.

playing ni no kuni 2 and wonder boy dragons trap remake on it. it plays very smooth and the screen is awesome!

Back