GPD MicroPC

I believe 4-5, the indigogo just had an estimate delivery of August on their campaign, I thought May was just for their '1st batch'. Good news if true.

That's not a bad idea at all actually, see if they'll sell to us 1st party with invoices and the like, we do actually get stuff that way fairly often.

If you want 5, then you can get that directly from GPD at a decent discount. 5 is the minimum for a wholesale purchase from memory.

Yeah, the IGG does say August. I must have my wires mixed up in that case. I'll ask them when it will be available retail and get back to you. Mind you, you could ask them yourself on the GPD discord . GPD have a person there that is pretty good at answering user questions, his username is YYANG. Are you a member there?

Are you planning to run stock Windows or Linux? Ubuntu Mate on the MicroPC might not happen .

Update: GPD tells me it will go on sale after all the IGG deliveries. So yeah, it looks like Sept for retail sales

Last edited:
Any additional info :confused: ?

I meant to say Ubunut Mate specifically, ive corrected that.

Apparently the guy looking to get Ubuntu Mate working on it, is having some issues doing so . Something to do with lack of drivers for MIPI or something.
I think GPD have talked to them about it and they are having another crack at it

I suppose you are referring to Martin Wimpress . I understand he is busy porting Ubuntu Mate 18.04 to Raspberry Pi. /Just recently started messing with Ubuntu Mate on Pi3, so that to make it easier using it on GPD MicroPC/. Is there publicly available info about the issues :- ?)

I suppose you are referring to Martin Wimpress . I understand he is busy porting Ubuntu Mate 18.04 to Raspberry Pi. /Just recently started messing with Ubuntu Mate on Pi3, so that to make it easier using it on GPD MicroPC/. Is there publicly available info about the issues :- ?)

Just this tweet from Wimpress

Reactions: SAS
USB to serial adapters are a thing and are ok, but we sometimes run into a situation where the com port seemingly randomly changes everytime you boot the machine, so it becomes a situation where you have to hunt down the com port before opening the connection and reconfigure putty. It works, but it is definitely preferred to have a real serial port.
If you're not using special proprietary software that is only available on Windows, this could probably be very easily solved by using Linux. I believe your USB serial adapter will always be /dev/ttyUSB0 in Linux.

I just got a MicroPC today (proto) .

I can tell you right off the bat, typing on it is much much better than the WIN 2 as the keys are much bigger. I have big hands (I'm 6' 6" ) and the much bigger keys on the MicroPC make it a lot easier for me. It's actually great to thumb type on. Very pleasantly surprised

Congratulations for the MicroPC in hands:cool:

How do you evaluate the build quality? Is it as expected 'industrial-like' & sturdy? Does it feel like one can throw the device in the side pocket of pants :confused:)

Congratulations for the MicroPC in hands:cool:

How do you evaluate the build quality? Is it as expected 'industrial-like' & sturdy? Does it feel like one can throw the device in the side pocket of pants :confused:)

Being a very early first batch proto , there are some minor paint blemishes which I believe are not there anymore and wont be there on prod units. It does look more solid in construction.

The backlit keys are nice and the touchpad works well. You can either tap on the touchpad to click, or on the left hand corner, there are three mouse buttons ie Left, Middle and Right
[doublepost=1551855364,1551850090][/doublepost]UPDATE: GPD have decided to make the RAM on the MicroPC 6GB instead of 4GB. The price has gone up to $314 on IGG

And for current backers:

The perk of 10 dollars compensation was created, backer who has campaigned can find it in perk area. For those who have already backed and paid for the 4GB MicroPC model, you need select this perk and contribute an extra $10 to recieve instead a 6GB MicroPC model

I am OK to get a 6 GB model for +10$ - but I feel it will be nicer to give a choice to stay at 4 GB and do not force the perk :(

And for current backers:

I am OK to get a 6 GB model for +10$ - but I feel it will be nicer to give a choice to stay at 4 GB and do not force the perk :(

I guess it comes down to economies of scale. I suppose they only have the numbers to buy one RAM size in sufficient quantities to get the right price. That's my guess

Yes, but you have to pay a $10 additional charge. You should have gotten an email about it earlier today.
I didn't preorder it, my dad did. I'll see if I can get him to agree, but I think he's probably going to consider it bait and switch, so I'm not sure.

Back