GPD MicroPC

Looking good. The product campaign page mentions the device uses anti-shock aviation-level ABS synthetic resin "LG-DOW 121HGPD" that holds well against 5 meter drops.

Since the Micro PC is a semi-rugged device, there should be a video demo of a general Micro PC drop test to demonstrate the product's durability in industrial conditions.

Last edited:
It's their parent company name
I wasn't aware it was a company, I just thought that it was just a translation thing. I see a LOT of references and ties to softwin in many of these Chinese handhelds.

If that's the case, I propose there's either a ton of outsourcing of them or their ties run much deeper than just GPD. First time I noticed it was in JXD's android OS's, they always had softwin signatures and branding in the OS. I've seen it on some offbrand windows tablets as well.

I wasn't aware it was a company, I just thought that it was just a translation thing. I see a LOT of references and ties to softwin in many of these Chinese handhelds.

If that's the case, I propose there's either a ton of outsourcing of them or their ties run much deeper than just GPD. First time I noticed it was in JXD's android OS's, they always had softwin signatures and branding in the OS. I've seen it on some offbrand windows tablets as well.

Softwin use to design product pcb's for other companies, but they have given that up now I believe. In fact they used to design JXD stuff until they had a falling out years ago.

They then started the GPD brand that made their own product specific to gaming, but it pretty much is their whole business now days since they don't do anything else (that I'm aware of) under the Softwin umbrella

Last edited:
GPD Announced the MicroPC Indiegogo campaign start date and time:

MicroPC crowdfunding time

Hello everyone,

Recently many people have been asking about the crowdfunding time for MicroPC. Here is a unified reply:

We will start crowdfunding at 10:00 on 15th February, 2019 Beijing time and the crowdfunding price is 299USD.
The crowdfunding will last for 60 days, ending on 16th April, 2019 Beijing time.

The top 2,000 units will be delivered on 2nd May, 2019 and the rest are scheduled to be delivered at the end of June.

That fps on skyrim at low settings puts it on par with roughly a Ryzen 2700u APU or a GTX670M from 2012

I'm honestly pretty impressed by the performance it gets at 10W. My main question now is how much they've improved the cooling and other things that were lacking in the Win 2.

I hope their QC gets better. WIN1 had many defective units and has a major design issue (battery takes too much heat). WIN2 seemed better but I have the impression it's still not as good as you'd like for something that costly.

What are you going to do? Are you content with just the Pyra?

For now, yes.
I don't want to realize how much more powerful the GPD devices are and how nice a bigger screen is :p

During my internship I had no time to use the Pandora or Pyra Prototype a lot.
I got used to a bigger notebook.
Well, it does not help that the prototype is not fully functional. I could not even listen to music.
That might bias me a little to the negative.
When the Para gets finished I hope my love will come back :)

The GPD devices are nice to have but I suppose it will be:
"Awesome device"
... (One week later)
"Ok, boring."

Maybe the Pocket 2 is an option. It has the power to be useful and is somemthing to use when the Pyra is too weak and I don't need my heavy gaming Laptop for the task.

My brother has a GPD Pocket 1 for his studies.

The most serious buy option is the Planet Computer Cosmo.
It offers Android and can replace my phone completely.
That's the best addition to the Pyra I think.
(Shut up, there are situations nowadays where it is nice to have access to an Android device. :p)

I think this guy's ideas are /so/ much better. Even if not all achievable.
4aqrf-1sgstwwffhx-n4wr0p7ws.jpeg

https://habr.com/en/post/437912/

Back