Gp32z.com Closing?

DBH posted on Jul 25 2006 at 12:58 PM said:
Whats the difference between the "hard cover" screen protector and the official one they got on the site?

This, the soft cover, is basically a little sticky plastic film thing that you can use to protect the screen (usually not needed).

This is the screen cover that came preattached in MK2, but required to be attached in MK1. It is the hard plastic cover that you see in front of the GP2X LCD...

Last edited by a moderator:
g4m3r posted on Jul 25 2006 at 11:44 AM said:
So if my GP2X breaks under warrenty where do I send it now?

According to the news post on GP32z's front page:

Customers who purchased Gp2x units from us and need repair must contact Mr. Namhoom Kim at nhkim@gp2x.com. Please provide them your name and order number.

I am hopefully gunna buy a gp2x from play-asia today so i will tell you how good the service is if you want to wait that long...

Regarding the sudden closing down of gp32z;

I wanted to order those nifty-looking MK II caps, but the site wouldn't accept my CC info. Then I went to play-asia, and holy frejole!! Only 99¢ :eek:

I ordered 2. Sorry David, but Play Asia for the win ;)

Juanisan posted on Jul 25 2006 at 11:23 AM said:
1) I cant find a 25 pin straight thru cable in my house (shame on me)
Real men make their own cables. Seriously, I cut two printer cables in half and spliced a straight through cable together (thank the missing-multimeter gods that both cables used the same wire color scheme).

Juanisan posted on Jul 25 2006 at 11:23 AM said:
2) I cant find the Linux equivalent of this software: "BreakOut Box Interface Manual with JTAG Software"
http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,1626

I havent used windoze in almost a decade. :lol:
Ditto. I had to drag an old HP with a Celeron 500 out of the closet. Had Win2k on it. Booted, JTAG'd, stuck it back in the closet, bringing my home's total windows exposure for this decade up to approximately 6 minutes :) wince-jtag almost definitely doesnt work with the gp2x, but when I get home I am going to try out jtagomat as mentioned above in this thread.

TelcoLou posted on Jul 25 2006 at 12:44 PM said:
I wanted to order those nifty-looking MK II caps, but the site wouldn't accept my CC info. Then I went to play-asia, and holy frejole!! Only 99¢ :eek:
I had the same problem. I needed a BoB but GP32z wouldnt take my CC info. Play-Asia had the package to me just as cheap in 6 days.

Dammit! This really sux. GP32z was our GP2X little slice of the korean handheld scene in North America. Now for any repairs or replacement parts, I have to order from overseas, which will cost me a mint with shipping and/or duty/customs. Really wish this wouldn't happen, but if it has to be, it has to be. Thanks for the service, Jr2Swiss, and good luck in all your future enterprizes, whatever they may be.

I know. We had excellent service from them. Now, i'll have to refer all my friends who want one to some crazy import site.

I was one of the pre-orderin fools, and got excellent and fast service from GP32Z and they even undervalued the unit for me so customs didn't bend me over the railing like has happened many times before on cross-border orders.

Shame you're closing shop, all the best in whatever venture is next j2rswiss!

Back