News On Gp32z.com

DijiTao

gp32z.com said:
Next batch of Gp2x units and tv-out cables will arrive in 1-2 weeks which will have the latest firmware allowing for 2gb support and USB connection fixes. Many hardware problems have been resolved in this production run as well.

This brings up several intresting questions:

1- What hardware problems? If there are hardware problems what happens to thoese of us who already have units?

2- TV-out cables in 1-2 weeks, confirmed?

3- New firmware will fix 2gb sd cards and the buggy USB connection -- and when will that be avilable for thoese of us who already have units?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im assuming they have fixed the issue with the cases being too tight, probably make sure all the headphone jacks are prepped right before solder, etc. There isnt really anything major wrong with the hardware, just a bunch of little dumb things on some of them

I'll be thrilled if we get the 2gb card fix tomorrow – I've been using a borrowed 256mb card and it's just too small.

The only real hardware problem I've experienced is the "Quadraphonic" sound "Feature" on my gp2x (headphones plugged in and working, yet speakers still make sound). I unplugged and re-plugged the headphones and everything went back to working as normal, so I assume my unit is ok and that this was just a fluke from not having the headphones in tightly enough.

DijiTao posted on Dec 14 2005 at 01:11 PM said:
I'll be thrilled if we get the 2gb card fix tomorrow – I've been using a borrowed 256mb card and it's just too small.

The only real hardware problem I've experienced is the "Quadraphonic" sound "Feature" on my gp2x (headphones plugged in and working, yet speakers still make sound). I unplugged and re-plugged the headphones and everything went back to working as normal, so I assume my unit is ok and that this was just a fluke from not having the headphones in tightly enough.

I suggest opening your gp2x up and point saudering the 4 points cuz that happened to me at first, then I tried to put it in tighter and the jack fell in :)

Ya.. theres no support for the headphone jack as I noticed inside of the unit, I put GOOP behind it so it wont fall through or break the VERY WEAK sauder points.

Yay, firmware update.. Now many I can use my gplink, rather than a USB1.0 mp3 player to xfer my files hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
There aren't any hardware changes. Some problems have been fixed though such as USB problems with some Gp2x units.

TV-out cables are almost manufactured, they were suppose to be done last week but there was a delay.

There is 2gb SD card support on the new units confirmed by Gamepark Holdings, the firmware has not been released as of yet.

The second Gp2x batch will hopefully arrive tomorrow so orders will be shipped out following the delivery.

So this firmware will only support 2 gb SD cards and not 4 gb yet? How long for 4 gb support?

Damnm, how many 4GB SD cards are around? I've never seen one :)

That'd be something though.. I'm getting by with 1GB SD and 2 GB CF cards..

jeff

Any news on when I can send my gp2x in for a nice firmware flash? I have been going insain for the past few weeks looking at this brick, I NEED a gp2x. I am so missing out on all the fun.... :' (

How about I just exchange it for one of those nice new shiny working gp2x ; P

@Jr2swiss

Since I bought my gp2x from you - what would you recommend thoese of us who have loose - but not yet broken headphone jacks do? This seems to be a pretty common problem.

Will preforming the relativly simple fix (which does involve openning the GP2X) void my warrenty?

bump for an answer, I have the same issue and bought from gp32z and am interested as well. ;)

Back