Gp32z.com Closing?

delsydsoftware

Still Fresh
So, I headed over to gp32z.com to see about ordering a gp2x for my brother, and it looks like they're closing this week. I guess that means that the only options for getting a gp2x in the US are lik-sang and playasia. Given the choice between the two, who has better service and support?

I heard Play Asian was very good, but Lik Sang has never given me a problem (ordered two gp32's from them and both were labeled as gifts under $20 to avoid customes!)

jmetal88 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 09:19 AM said:
Yeah, I posted about GP32z closing in the news section a few minutes ago... It probably hasn't gotten approval yet.
Fortunately for us in the USA, the prices, service, and delivery times from the asian mail-order places seem to be no worse than gp32z was, even figuring in postage and overseas transit time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did get my gp2x from gp32z, but ive ordered from both playasia and liksang many times without problems. Im kinda torn over which is better, so in this case i would just go with which has the current lowest price.

Damn this suk, I'm at school and can't order anything from them untill friday which is the day they're closing, omfg I wish i could order that power adapter!!!! fU*K A** sl*ts

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 25 2006 at 11:53 AM said:
Loubear posted on Jul 25 2006 at 11:50 AM said:
Aw...now where to get my screen protectors after I break them in again!?!?

eh.
LOL I guess that's why they're closing down; that's all anyone ever bought :p
I bought my gp2x from them many months ago. Used it for almost exactly 1 month and was in love with it! 2.0 bricked my unit. I have been without this wonderful toy for many months asking gp32z for help. Finally last week GP32z suggested the interface board and I just received it 20 minutes ago today.

I havent unbricked yet because
1) I cant find a 25 pin straight thru cable in my house (shame on me)
2) I cant find the Linux equivalent of this software: "BreakOut Box Interface Manual with JTAG Software"
http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,1626
That is the board I just received.

I cant say that asking them for help for months and getting nothing had been encouraging. But now I finally see a ray of hope. Now where is that damn Linux version :blink:

I havent used windoze in almost a decade. :lol:

Its weird seeing them closing just after I got the break out board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. I was going to use gp32z.com whenever I finally decide to buy a gp2x and I've been considering it since before it's release. Getting the system+TV-Out cable+AC Adapter was actually cheaper through gp32z than Playasia if the free shipping on orders over $200 was considered. Playasia will be my #2 choice more than likely.

That's too bad, I got my replacement joystick cap from them and had a very good experience. Dang, the BLU is available for only $115, I wish I had enough spare cash to get that, it's a great deal.

Back