Gp32 Turns On But No Os

SONYDVDR

Still Fresh
Hello. I got a hold of a original white GP32 I believe it needs to be re flashed. When I turn it on Nothing comes up on the screen and the top light is red.

Hello, and welcome.

More elboration would be nice... but from what you have given.

Without being too insulting I take it the cells are fresh ones (check or confirm).

When you turn on and you flick the switch try all the way. The power switch may be flaky (perhaps from lack of use there is oxide present on the contacts within). Try flicking the switch in a positive manner a few times, and give a moment for the result to register. I have a particular NLU, that can stick like this sometimes, it happens once in a blu moon (stupid pun intended).

Surely hope this works, and you do not have further issues, which will require more detail in what you have before you.

Good luck.

SONYDVDR said:
Hello. I got a hold of a original white GP32 I believe it needs to be re flashed. When I turn it on Nothing comes up on the screen and the top light is red.

Remove the SMC and turn on. If it's ok, smc needs to be reformatted. It's fat12 as far I remember and hard to do without extra tools.

Also (remove SMC and) press and hold Left and Right shoulder buttons and turn on the console.
Maybe it's already flashed to another firmware, you may see a firmware selection screen. Select Gp32 default firmware, if it comes up, insert card, select format smc, and try repair.

Generally I end up reformatting smc under windows with a card reader.

good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
The topic starter is not likely to return, They have made one post (on the day they registered),
Have not logged in since the topic was made, Or provide anymore info in addition to what is in
their first post.

So it seems pointless responding to this topic until the original poster replies back.

Trooper

Back