I Have Lost It All

patrick c 93

Still Fresh
HELLO I HAVE NO FIRMWEAR ON MY GP32 AT ALL what can i do to get this back i have a card reader but i can not use my gp32 because when i turn it on only the light comes on not the screen because i have no driver plz help im going away tomorrow and i need my gp32

patrick c 93 posted on Dec 16 2004 at 08:26 PM said:
HELLO I HAVE NO FIRMWEAR ON MY GP32 AT ALL what can i do to get this back i have a card reader but i can not use my gp32 because when i turn it on only the light comes on not the screen because i have no driver plz help im going away tomorrow and i need my gp32
:huh: , what do you mean, did you try to flash your gp32 and it failed?
no drivers?, that has nothing to do with your gp

Last edited by a moderator:
What was you doing to/with it before it got into this state ???.
You wasn`t by any chance trying to flash the firmware, Was you ???.
If that is the case, What happened ???, Did you turn it off before you got the on screen message (something like) "Ok to reset your GP32" ???. If this is so, Then you have a dead GP32. The only way to get it repaired is by use of a Jtag cable, Of which there is only one or two people who have such a cable. As for offering a re-flashing service with such a cable, I have no idea.

Trooper

patrick c 93 posted on Dec 16 2004 at 08:42 PM said:
i tride to instal the driver but it just came on with a blank screen and that is all
"the driver" wtf do you mean?, did you try to install a driver on your pc??

You didn't really say anything; the question is.. how did you get it to how it is?

If you bought it with no firmware, then send it back; if you tried to flash new firmware on it and screwed it up, or it crashed or somesuch during trhe flash.. you're dead. (ie: This is rare.. usually only occurs if you reflash while having batteries about to die..)

If you're dead, you'll have to send the GP32 to someone who knows how to flash it back to working.

jeff

skeezix posted on Dec 16 2004 at 07:50 PM said:
If you're dead, you'll have to send the GP32 to someone who knows how to flash it back to working.

jeff

If he's dead I don't think he'll be reading you reply Jeff :) LOL

Card readers cannot repair a bad flash. The GP32 cannot read the SMC since you've wiped out the bios. I believe thats correct..anyway, without firmware, you can't load anything on your GP32.

WHAT DID YOU DO????, you say something about drivers???
Did flash your gp or did you install drivers on your pc WHAT???

damn this annoys me :angry:

aapje89 posted on Dec 16 2004 at 10:04 PM said:
WHAT DID YOU DO????, you say something about drivers???
Did flash your gp or did you install drivers on your pc WHAT???

damn this annoys me :angry:

Not half as annoyed as his parents will be, Especially if they have just brought it for him. ;)

Trooper

Back