Gp32 Boots Up To White Screen Won't Respond...help

mboyko

Still Fresh
anyone here know where I can pickup one of those special bios flash cables, or know of anyone that can try to bios flash my gp32 ? I'm in the United States. It just turns on to a white background and nothing else...I think my bios got corrupted or something. I didn't try to flash the bios but that's the best I can figure as the gp32 logo and bouncing ball don't come up anymore, just a white screen

Mark

I have re-flashed GP32s before, and I live in Minnesota. I'm not convinced that this is your problem, but if you want me to try to re-flash the BIOS, let me know.

Flavor posted on Feb 15 2006 at 10:40 AM said:
I have re-flashed GP32s before, and I live in Minnesota. I'm not convinced that this is your problem, but if you want me to try to re-flash the BIOS, let me know.

I'll give it a shot...I just pm'ed you

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have the original firmware installed or was it re-flashed or re-flashed from an older firmware before you bought it?

Also, did you have fresh batteries when you tried it? Try an AC adaptor if you're not sure.

- Alex

Alex. posted on Feb 15 2006 at 12:58 PM said:
Did you have the original firmware installed or was it re-flashed or re-flashed from an older firmware before you bought it?

Also, did you have fresh batteries when you tried it? Try an AC adaptor if you're not sure.

- Alex

I got it from gp32z...it was probably standard blu firmware then? I never changed the firmware, all I know is that the gp32 logo and the bouncing ball dont' come up anymore

I'm sending it to Flavor and he's going to try to re-flash the firmware. If that doesn't work, then I suspect it got zapped perhaps with static electricity, and that the ram, cpu or some diode is blown. My brother is an electrical engineer so he may be able to diagnose it, but I'll try the easiest thing first I guess. :) If it's totally fried, then it may be God's hint to me that it's time to pony up for a gp2x lol

Alex. posted on Feb 15 2006 at 03:17 PM said:
Again, did you check the batteries?

- Alex

I plugged it into the wall with 3v ac adapter that always worked in the past...

mboyko posted on Feb 15 2006 at 08:23 PM said:
Alex. posted on Feb 15 2006 at 03:17 PM said:
Again, did you check the batteries?

- Alex

I plugged it into the wall with 3v ac adapter that always worked in the past...

i love doom love doom i doom i love

Back