Gp32 Ii

Gamepark must have a sick crush on Nintendo; first the gp that looks like a gba and now this one thats similar to a ds. Not that I'm complaining; foldable is where its at.

Damn, that screen looks diesel....

Hopefully they'll change the button layout to be more snes-like

pssh all you people criticizing it already. just be happy they might come out with another. i actually like how it looks, the buttons in the joystick... just looks a bit plain they could probably add more to it. the one thing i hope is they upgrade the speakers.

I personally think I liked the design of that Q one also, but overall, this one looks like a great improvement over that (I mean, look at that screen!). The D-pad looks like it needs work (but I may be wrong about that) and the combined four action buttons on the front must be changed.

Other than that... I want this things NOW!
*dreams of N64 emulation and widescreen movies*

Since when do the prototypes look like the finished system?

The GP32 prototypes looked mostly COMPLETELY different...

Yes, I have to agree that the screen looks very nice. However I would like to see a feature that prototype gp32's had... Internet Browsing from a mobile phone. I created a quick web site with the movie here.

As long as it is backwards compatible with existing gp32 software i dont give a damn.

It would be good to have a nicer looking system though, that prototype looks shite.

The gp32s prototypes look nothing like the finished hardware though, thank god :D

mattbakse posted on Feb 3 2005 at 07:38 PM said:
what i'd like to know is where he found it. the picture.
Yeah, I know, but it seems hando's pretty close to Game Park, so maybe it was leaked to him by someone on the inside.

I don't think hando would just be playing a prank on us. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
BumHong Lee perhaps?

EDIT: Holy crap, BumHong is actually the Vice President, yet he is the one that answers all the emails I send. Thats just weird.

Riiight, erm yea.

Hehe.

Heres my opinion:

The D pad looks a little crappy, as do the buttons.

I think they need to leave a few mm from the top of the screen.

The resolution is nothing like what it will emulate.

It looks like there is too much space at the bottom.

Imo looking at all the consoles I have the Zodiac looks like the sex, the gp32 also looks okay for what it is, erm yea. Thats what I think.

nice

i must admit that when i first saw it i thought of those DS rip offs that liksang had pics of a little while ago.

however the screen does look awesome, the mere inclusion of more buttons is a very good thing and if its backwards compatible with added power, hell, this thing will fly off the shelves!

shinneri posted on Feb 3 2005 at 06:51 PM said:
mattbakse posted on Feb 3 2005 at 07:38 PM said:
what i'd like to know is where he found it. the picture.
I don't think hando would just be playing a prank on us. ;)
It would be a cruel, cruel prank. Yet somewhat funny to see all of our excited responses over nothing. :p

I really hope that the next GP32 (The logo looks like GPX ::EDIT:: Looking closer, you can just make out the words 'Game Park extreme'[sic] below the logo.) has an internal HDD. 2.5" would be perfect (1.8" would be nice, but not as upgradeable and more expensive). That large screen could be a massive selling point if it's high enough quality.

But it needs MORE BUTTONS!

GPJosh posted on Feb 3 2005 at 11:32 PM said:
Yes at I have to agree that the screen looks very nice. However I would like to see a feature that prototype gp32's had... Internet Browsing from a mobile phone. I created a quick web site with the movie here.

The original design looks a lot better in my opinion. It looks like it had all the features it was supposed to have working, but then they just stopped developing it.

God, I wish I had that...even if it does have less FPS, it would be great to use it for development use.

craigix posted on Feb 3 2005 at 03:25 PM said:
Gamepark told me it would be upgradable - it does not look very much like I imagined, unless it all comes to pieces in a cunning way so you can add ram, hdd etc.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
There's something about that idea that frightens me.

Back