Gp32 Ii

White Demon posted on Mar 1 2005 at 02:29 PM said:
I really don't think there will be anything soon.

Even if there was, that's no reason to not buy a GP32. With all the cool stuff available now you'd be mad not to get one. And even if Gamepark suddenly did release a GP32-2 tommorrow, you can guarantee that this board (and the GP32 scene in general) would still be full of life for a while yet, as not many people would convert straight away.

Get out there, contact GBA-X or gp32z.com and let them hook you up with a gp32_console . You're in for the time of your life once it arrives.

do you think prices are going to fall down a little bit ? I heard in Spain GP32 dropped to more or less 120€ (can't remember exactly), at the moment i could buy one in Italy for 200€ which is 80€ difference ...

Last edited by a moderator:
There won't be a new model for awhile as GP has said that the BLU will come out in more countries in 2005.

The computer render was just that, a computer render. It was said to be fake.

And to all of the obsessive topic bumpers (Blah) that think bumping this topic is a good idea are actually doing more harm than good. You get all of the newbs that don't know the history saying " huh? there is going to be a new model? I was going to buy a BLU but if there is a new one comming out I will just wait for that" So you are actually keeping many new buyers from getting one. I have heard this on GBA boards etc where someone would say " The GP32 looked interesting I was thinking of buying one but I heard rumblings and even a picture of a new one so now I will just wait"

If and when it is close we will know, until then can't we just enjoy what we have?

Decker4000 posted on Mar 2 2005 at 07:24 AM said:
do you think prices are going to fall down a little bit ? I heard in Spain GP32 dropped to more or less 120€ (can't remember exactly), at the moment i could buy one in Italy for 200€ which is 80€ difference ...

As far as I know, prices will remain pretty level with the GP32. The price you can get one from then depends on where you get it. Just go and get one from wherever you can get one at a good price, or use the places I listed in a previous post if you want a guaranteed 160/166mHz model (recommended for all the emus out there).

Last edited by a moderator:
HI, I am new here, I was searching something else and I stumbled on this thread so I guess i'll add my replay and post a new thread.

If I had to make a new version of the game park 32, It would have the following speicfications :

Screen resolution 384x240 or above.
- This allow support of arcade recosultion which is 384 wide
- 16 bit color depth is well enough

Memory 24 to 64 Meg.
- This will allow 8 Meg GBA rom support and might add some larger arcade rom support.
- If memory price is too high, make a memory plug-in to boost memory.

Better processor from 200 Mhz to 400 Mhz

More buttons, a bit bigger and remove the click sound in the L and R,
- Add 3 to 4 buttons. Maybe alligned as the SNES.

Change the joystick with a REAL DPAD
- the joystick sucks, I hate it and it hinders my game play. I want a real D-pad like there was on the NES, SNES, GB and GBA. Analogue stick is totally useless.

Add incorporated save card (like PS2) or small hard disk.
- This should be only used for save games. The idea is that SMC has limited writting, so saving save states and save game makes too much writting to the SMC. The software could cave them there instead.
- To reduce the price of the console, a small hard disk could be sold separately. Small chard disk for me is around 1 to 4 meg. It is far enough for a handheld console.

Internet support can be nice if we only need the like wireless module to play ( of course if there is a wireless network available in the area).

A low battery indicator ( color change the power led )

A better adaptor power plug ( mine is always falling out after some time )

A touch pad with a pen could be nice. Especially if there is internet connection.
( by the way, I have leaved my plastic cover on the screen so that it never get scratched )

An external keyboard is not essential, but if could be sold as an external device

And Of couse
- backward compatibility
- Open source development
- development of commercial games without contract.

I would focus on a lower price console with many features in options to make sure you get the right goddies for the use you have. For example, I only use my game park as a Video Game console and emulator. So an hard disk for MP3 and a keyboard is totaly useless for me.

-------------------------------------
Now here is my mini critic about the pictured I have seen above.

- The design looks ugly
- It does not look confortables in your hands
- 3 buttons could be ok, just need to move them a bit.
- They removed the select button. so we don't get and additional button.
- And of course the joystick is bad.

Back