Got Your Pandora? Tell Us Your Order Date!

If you have Pandora - Tell us your order date! -- Preordering starts exactly at 2008-09-30 14:00 UTC

• Total voters

gpx74532 said:
For me going off what other people have posted it seems to be the reorder date despite OP saying the original order date will be honoured.

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Most of the recipients who have reported have been in the proper timeline (note that the most recent recipients ordered about 40 minutes after pre-orders opened). I think the issue is with the different time zones (UTC/BST/GMT/etc), which have caused some people to think they are further up the queue than they actually are.

Last edited by a moderator:
GunPei2X said:
gpx74532 said:
For me going off what other people have posted it seems to be the reorder date despite OP saying the original order date will be honoured.

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. Most of the recipients who have reported have been in the proper timeline (note that the most recent recipients ordered about 40 minutes after pre-orders opened). I think the issue is with the different time zones (UTC/BST/GMT/etc), which have caused some people to think they are further up the queue than they actually are.

Using the information in this thread - http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53220-your-place-in-the-preorder-line/

If I match the dates up my position in the queue is much closer to when I paid by bank transfer.

Like you say it could be timezones and many people may have paid all at the same time.

At this point I am just happy I am on the list and hopefully I will get my Pandora soon.

I just got a reply email, regarding my original order and re-payment number. "Your approximate queue position is 650 - 750" - Whew. 17:40 UTC

fischju2000 said:
I just got a reply email, regarding my original order and re-payment number. "Your approximate queue position is 650 - 750" - Whew. 17:40 UTC

Looks like re-order time is indeed the factor. Original confirmation email 16:10 UTC, position quoted 850+. Took absolutely weeks for the original refund to be paid to me, so could be reason. Annoying.

silver said:
Looks like re-order time is indeed the factor. Original confirmation email 16:10 UTC, position quoted 850+. Took absolutely weeks for the original refund to be paid to me, so could be reason. Annoying.
This is starting to drive me loopy. Why do people continue to put more faith in the wide ranged queue position generated from by an unknown method over the absolute and known order timestamps?
If reorder time were the factor, shipment wouldn't have been lining up as cleanly with original order times as they have been. More likely is quoted positions are not as accurate as people keep thinking they are, as has been said many many times. This is just another piece of evidence to support that. The poll suggest they're just about to the 16:00 UTC mark, meaning yours might be part of this next batch.

WizardStan said:
Why do people continue to put more faith in the wide ranged queue position generated from by an unknown method over the absolute and known order timestamps?

Because that's what the company selling the item to me told me personally?

And a time-stamped email is only the time a mailserver processes an email. Compared a direct question-and-response within the past 6 weeks to the company selling me something, I would go with the quote everytime.

If these quotes are completely wrong, why are they still being given out?

Edit: However, I understand your annoyance somewhat - I'm not the first or the last to comment on this, so it's not that constructive. No need to respond, I'll go back to only posting in emulation threads.

silver said:
If these quotes are completely wrong, why are they still being given out?
Because they're not completely wrong, obviously there's some logic to how Jacqueline is generating the ranges, but there's just so many variables that it's impossible to gauge how accurate those ranges actually are. (edit: also because people keep asking. There's a precedent set and it's hard to waver from it. So long as people keep asking, these ranges will keep being given out)
Even supposing that an exact position were being given, and it was 100% accurate at the time it was given, if you asked months ago and someone else asked yesterday, how many people ahead of you canceled (thus lowering your position) in that length of time? We don't know. And on top of that, she's not giving accurate measures, just ballpark guesses, and we don't know how she's arriving at those.
The mail time, however, does not change. Yes, it's the time that the mail was processed, and delays might happen, but I'm not aware of any mail server that processes mail out of order: if your mail took 10 seconds longer to be sent, every message that came after it experienced that same 10 second lag. So if your mail was sent at 16:10UTC and you haven't gotten a notice, but someone with a timestamp of 16:20UTC did get their shipment notice, it is reasonable to be worried.

I just noticed that someone that ordered the month before me got theirs, I don't know if that is a good thing and I could expect mine sooner than I thought, or if it was a blip. I ordered in May 2009.

Sugar_Kane said:
I just noticed that someone that ordered the month before me got theirs, I don't know if that is a good thing and I could expect mine sooner than I thought, or if it was a blip. I ordered in May 2009.
Where did you notice this? Maybe they accepted a one nub unit.

I've noticed that some people, such as SONY and Rectal Exambot, have been voting one date in each of the three sets.

^ As long as not too many of those awesomely funny dudes vote, the poll should still be somewhat conclusive.

I just got my Pandora 2 days ago, the date of my order email was:

Tuesday, 30 September 2008, 14:40:00 UTC

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I have made the bins wrong in this poll. Maybe there are not that many people after the first 2 hours - so that's why the next hours are not voted.

Or maybe people who got their pandora are just too happy to remember about voting here :)

I'm in the third hour at 17:50UTC and still waiting. I wouldn't be surprised if there's 1000 in the first 2.5 hours still, and that's why no one has really voted after 16:00

For what it's worth, I ordered at 15:40 UTC, and no e-mail yet. :p

My order was at about 16:00, and I've yet to receive anything... I am apparently 400-500 in the queue

EdCa22 said:
My order was at about 14:00, and I've yet to receive anything... I am apparently 450-550 in the queue
14:00 UTC? Make sure you check that timezone. Also, which store did you order from? The fact that you've given a queue position suggests that you ordered from Craig's store and asked for it. In that case, if it really was 14:00 UTC, then I suggest you contact them again, give your order number, and ask (very politely) why those in the 15:00 time range have been receiving their Pandora and you have not yet.
I'm going to hazard a guess that you've mistaken the timezone, though.

WizardStan said:
EdCa22 said:
My order was at about 14:00, and I've yet to receive anything... I am apparently 450-550 in the queue
14:00 UTC? Make sure you check that timezone. Also, which store did you order from? The fact that you've given a queue position suggests that you ordered from Craig's store and asked for it. In that case, if it really was 14:00 UTC, then I suggest you contact them again, give your order number, and ask (very politely) why those in the 15:00 time range have been receiving their Pandora and you have not yet.

Yeah, I ordered at 16:20 UTC and am in the 400-500 range apparently.

D.

WizardStan said:
EdCa22 said:

Argh, yes I am wrong. It should have been 16:00... I'll edit the original post

I got my confirmation email stating that my order has been shipped 4 days ago (Aug 6th).
I did not check my email on purpose so that I would be surprised. :)
I went cheapo on delivery and I live in US, so it will probably be another week before it gets to me.
I am so excited!!!

My purchase confirmation email was September 30, 2008 at 15:41:00 UTC
Hope this helps other in determining how close they are from getting theirs.

Back