Got Your Pandora? Tell Us Your Order Date!

If you have Pandora - Tell us your order date! -- Preordering starts exactly at 2008-09-30 14:00 UTC

• Total voters

kaprikawn said:
What the hell is UTC? You realise that most people on this board aren't from America right, and so would need to do some googling to vote/dicipher the results? Can you please add timezone difference figures for a couple of timezones please on the first post (including GMT given that it is the standard).

Cheers

I am from America and was not familiar wuth UTC. I am familiar with GMT. I have read mali's input for the explanation. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
DixieDawg said:
kaprikawn said:
What the hell is UTC? You realise that most people on this board aren't from America right, and so would need to do some googling to vote/dicipher the results? Can you please add timezone difference figures for a couple of timezones please on the first post (including GMT given that it is the standard).

Cheers

I am from America and was not familiar wuth UTC. I am familiar with GMT. I have read mali's input for the explanation. Thanks.

^ UTC is basically the same as GMT
http://en.wikipedia....e_zone#Examples

Judging from the poll, I suspect there are 13 people that also don't know what UTC means :p
Else something fishy is going on.

WizardStan said:
Judging from the poll, I suspect there are 13 people that also don't know what UTC means :p

If it becomes clear that orders aren't being shipped in order they were made, I'll be cheesed off. I'm british, and therefore queuing is important to me.
What do you have if queues aren't respected? Chaos.
I've got my order number saved in a file dated 15:15 (BST) on 30th Sept. I make that 14:15 UTC. If enough people vote they got theirs, despite ordering after this time, I'll quit on principle (probably).

If it'll make you cancel and bring me closer to the front of the queue, I'll make multiple alt accounts to vote that way.

Zipperwitz said:
WizardStan said:

If it becomes clear that orders aren't being shipped in order they were made, I'll be cheesed off. I'm british, and therefore queuing is important to me.
What do you have if queues aren't respected? Chaos.
I've got my order number saved in a file dated 15:15 (BST) on 30th Sept. I make that 14:15 UTC. If enough people vote they got theirs, despite ordering after this time, I'll quit on principle (probably).

It's not going to be exact anyway, since not everyone ordered from GBAX.

Hi,

Ordered on Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:44:00 UTC from GBAX (#250-350 in the queue)

and still waiting...

Bye, Magic Sam

I guess that those guys have voted by mistake. For instance I asked my brother if he decided to have a one nubbed Pandora, and he said that he can wait. But above there's his vote, that he already has his Pandora. He reads the board less frequently, so he could simply didn't notice that he voted wrong. And possibly there are more people like him. I don't see any obvious way to fix that. Some people simply make mistakes.

I want salute pictures of Pandoras next to email confirmations for everyone who has voted past the 3rd of October and isn't a one nubber (or possibly EDs shop)

How dare people disrepect this scientific poll and feed paranoia that the order queue isn't being stuck to!!! :)

cosurgi said:
I guess that those guys have voted by mistake. For instance I asked my brother if he decided to have a one nubbed Pandora, and he said that he can wait. But above there's his vote, that he already has his Pandora. He reads the board less frequently, so he could simply didn't notice that he voted wrong. And possibly there are more people like him. I don't see any obvious way to fix that. Some people simply make mistakes.

Are these the same people that vote Republican? o_O

cosurgi said:

To whom it may concern, a couple of MONTHS ago I changed my shipping address by mailing pandorasales. I've been told my queue position without me having asked it. Basing on this number, I should have already received my pandora, instead I didn't receive nor the pandora nor a single notification by pandora team. I preordered the very first hour of order openings, and re-ordered the same moment I received the reorder-request. Now I see people already is getting their pandoras, six hundreds of them should be already shipped/delivered.. and mine is still vapour. Forgive me if I'm so a fool by starting being worried about all this.
This is the mail by Jaqueline of pandora sales:

"Hi ***,

Your order number is GVV28*** and your approximate queue position is 250 - 350.

I have updated your shipping and email details.

Kind regards
Jacquelyn"

Cool isn't it?

The queue positions are absolutely worthless; this is what I keep saying. What time, in UTC, did you order your Pandora? That's the only way to be fairly certain. As you can see from the poll, they're only just barely outside the first hour, about hour and a half. If you're really within the first hour, I'd give it just a little bit more before starting to panic. If the poll hits 16:00 and you still have no notice of delivery, then you can probably try contacting openpandorasales@gmail.com to ask what the situation is.

Hi,

@ paolo: I was in the same situation, #250-350 in the GBAX queue, ordered in the first half hour, no Pandora yet, so I sent an email to Jacquelyn, who told me I'm now #325-425 :( Maybe you're going down the queue, just like me...

Bye, Magic Sam

When do I receive my pandora?

I don't remember when I ordered exactle.
And I lost my e-mails from pandora team.
---------------------
Oh, I'll change my question.
I just have found e-mails in the trash-box.

There was a credit card problem, so I have to do re-order using Bank-Transfer.
So, which is order date?
first order date? (2008-10-01)
or re-order date? (2009.02.03)

Well my reconf came on 12/2/2009 and claimed to be matched with my original order.

No idea of original date.

On the brighter side people who have clearly ordered before me don't have their units yet so I'll have faith in the Brittish way of an ordered queue (of LILO nature)

ommokazza said:
There was a credit card problem, so I have to do re-order using Bank-Transfer.
So, which is order date?
first order date? (2008-10-01)
or re-order date? (2009.02.03)

For me going off what other people have posted it seems to be the reorder date despite OP saying the original order date will be honoured.

Like you I did not pay immediately by bank transfer as I wanted to ensure I got my CC refund and OP said position would be maintained anyway.

OP then gave a deadline on when payment must be paid by I then paid in ample time. It appears goal posts have been moved.

I am still looking forward to getting my Pandora but I do hope production gets to 50/day soon and the new cases arrive. 90% of the fun of the device is being eroded by not being able to take part in the new OS/Firmware releases and the gradual improvement of all the releases. I also made quite a significant contribution to the dev fund (by made standards anyway) I wish how this money was spent was a bit more open as I thought contributors would have some input on how it was spent.

Sigh, the re-order date it is then? I don't think I can wait two or three more months, I could REALLY use that money...

Back