google checkout

There was at least one other Russian who ordered successfully. If I could remember who it was, I'd suggest you ask him how he did it. Perhaps you both experienced the same problems, but he found a way around.

There was at least one other Russian who ordered successfully. If I could remember who it was, I'd suggest you ask him how he did it. Perhaps you both experienced the same problems, but he found a way around.
I hope he isn't end his life suicide after google checkout adventures...

Today I planned go to my near bank and made one of two things

1) take the Credit/debit card statement copy

2) if they don't give me it, f*** them off and go Alphabank, fill the statement form and make a copy (scan) before give them an origin, they made for me new mastercard but I will have satement copy for approve to this f*** sh*** google checkout.

maybe the bank will help me to approve my card is real and isn't stolen or something...

I live in this country over 30 years and seen mass of stupid things, I remember Gorbachev and his "perestroyka" BUT... BUT!

I never imagine so crazy idiotic service like "google checkout"! - the passport and credit card isn't enough, I must go now to get Credit/debit card statement copy! I have a plastic card already, what a hell???? As they think ALL russians are thieves? damn! :angry:

I'm sorry but all can my bank give is a "reference by client's request" without any stamps - only requisites and nothing more.

I send now account un-block request with passport scan and reference + card scan, if this not help, I give up, no more google checkout.

you should paypal me the money and ill google checkout it to OPT ;)

Hello

Thank you for contacting us. We received your verification information and

can confirm that your account is fully active. You may now place orders

through Google Checkout.

Please keep in mind that your previous order was cancelled and you were

not charged. You may notice activity on your debit/credit card for this

order, but please be assured that the amount on your card statement is

only an authorization, not an actual charge. The authorization will be

removed from your account within 1-14 business days, depending on your

bank.

B) Now this devil thing works to me! now I can pay. It means my documents that I send there was enough to proof that my card wasn't stolen :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar experience, in the US. There seem to be a few steps that don't always work right:

1. Once you place your order, Google Checkout seems to "pre-approve" your credit/debit card (by charging you a dollar or so of the full price?) to make sure your bank doesn't reject your card outright. Your bank might reject your card at this point if it's not authorized for internet transactions. Call your bank (with the phone number associated with your account, preferably) and explain that you really did try to buy something on these nefarious Interwebs. Your bank should authorize your card for internet transactions.

2. GC then (a few hours later) charges your card the rest of the purchase cost. Your bank might reject your card at this point if it's not authorized for international transactions. The several-hundred dollar transaction apparently looks much more suspicious than the initial communication between your bank and Google. Call your bank again, and explain that you really did mean to order something from those sneaky British. Your bank should authorize your card for international transactions. Once you've done that, come back to Google Checkout and they'll ask you to verify your account details or change your payment method.

3. Google itself might reject the transaction at this point, if it doesn't trust the response from your bank (this problem is often known as "living in Russia"). You'll have to supply Google with the information they want from your bank, which means you'll probably have to call your bank again to get it.

4. Life will find some other way to screw with you that I haven't even imagined yet.

5. When all parties involved are finally convinced that:
    • You meant to buy a Pandora,
    • You were the person trying to buy a Pandora,
    • You actually want to do business in another country, and
    • You own the bank account you were trying to pay with...

The money might just transfer successfully, and you'll order a Pandora!

It sounds like you and I both ran into just about every one of those problems, Long. It was a week long experience for me... Congratulations on your successful purchase!

Back