Gngeo2x 0.7

techFreak posted on Aug 29 2006 at 11:03 PM said:
EXCELLENT JOB! When should we expect USB joystick support for one on one clashes with our friends? :rolleyes:
I'm working on it, but for now, it's just crashing all the time :(

DaveC posted on Aug 30 2006 at 04:35 AM said:
Cool.

Does this support the 2 ordinals=diagonal for d-pad users?

Thanks again for the great work on this awesome emu.
It should work. I'm waiting that someone with such a dpad test it, just to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re-Dumped the graphics on Samurai Showndown 5 Special and there is a noticable improvement in speed!

I also like how the romrc files are seperated now, so you can fiddle around a bit one game at a time.

Volume is indeed fixed when using a .cf file and...

Savestates!

Awesome.

pepone posted on Aug 30 2006 at 06:46 AM said:
techFreak posted on Aug 29 2006 at 11:03 PM said:
EXCELLENT JOB! When should we expect USB joystick support for one on one clashes with our friends? :rolleyes:
I'm working on it, but for now, it's just crashing all the time :(

DaveC posted on Aug 30 2006 at 04:35 AM said:
Cool.

Does this support the 2 ordinals=diagonal for d-pad users?

Thanks again for the great work on this awesome emu.
It should work. I'm waiting that someone with such a dpad test it, just to be sure.
Fantastic work. Faster and excellent.

I can confirm that this new version does indeed support the 2 ordinals=diagonal for d-pad users. I just had a great game playing Blazing Star - diagonals now work.

There is truly to point now in anyone needing Radek's circuit board - nothing needs it anymore!!

Fantastic! A great emulator, and a valued update! :lol:

Quick query - how can you disable showing games in Rage2x where you don't have their ROMS (ie shown in red) - it would be nice to be able not to show them?

Hi,

I was just telling myself yesterday there was some time we did not have an update for Gngeo. :p
This release is great (Again).
Pepone you are a GnGenius.

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

Excellent! I was hoping for savestates! The volume bugfix is awesome, and what I love most-- it's now D-Pad-friendly. Before, the lack of software combining of diagnols and needing to push the stick to quit got in the way. :) Keep up the awesome work!

rmatheso posted on Aug 30 2006 at 09:08 AM said:
I also like how the romrc files are seperated now, so you can fiddle around a bit one game at a time.

All the romrc files are in the romrc.d folder. each romrc correspond to a game (you can create new one of course, there is no restriction on the filename, every file is scanned). It's the same format that the old romrc, the only obligation is to have a "longname" line at the very begining of the file to describe the complete name of the game.

And thanks all for all the comments :)

BTW, I keep hearing people saying that Gneogeo was the hardest emu to set up.

What were the problems, mine just worked, especially once I started using Rage2x?

Also good job on the new release Pepone :)

Someone have corruption at the bottom of the screen when raster effects are activated? You can see it in Super Sidekicks games for example.In NEO Turf Masters there is a corruption but in another way.
Thank you.

Am I missing something obvious - but I can't get the save states to work - I can get the load / save / exit menu - but what then some buttons just exit straight out to rage?

I want to thank an congratulate the maker with this new version its great! It now runs on 266 MHz WITH sound and without slowdown!

Aninhumer posted on Aug 30 2006 at 05:37 AM said:

What were the problems, mine just worked, especially once I started using Rage2x?

Probably they just had ROMsets that didn't match up with what Gngeo expected. Most other emulators it's just one binary file, you can't really get the 'wrong' one.

Epicenter posted on Aug 30 2006 at 12:01 PM said:

Probably they just had ROMsets that didn't match up with what Gngeo expected. Most other emulators it's just one binary file, you can't really get the 'wrong' one.

Can some one tell me how to set this up please, I am not sure :unsure:

Epicenter posted on Aug 30 2006 at 11:09 AM said:
gnyffel posted on Aug 30 2006 at 03:35 AM said:
Volume fixed? Mine's still too loud. :(

Help >_<

... what? Details please? :p Maybe you need to turn on your volume limiter.

It's on. Maybe I'm just too sensitive? I'd love some way to adjust the volume in-game. I'm finding myself playing without sound because it's just too loud.

gnyffel posted on Aug 30 2006 at 03:49 PM said:
Epicenter posted on Aug 30 2006 at 11:09 AM said:
gnyffel posted on Aug 30 2006 at 03:35 AM said:
Volume fixed? Mine's still too loud. :(

Help >_<

... what? Details please? :p Maybe you need to turn on your volume limiter.

It's on. Maybe I'm just too sensitive? I'd love some way to adjust the volume in-game. I'm finding myself playing without sound because it's just too loud.
you mean, the volume button don't work?

bacteria posted on Aug 30 2006 at 08:08 AM said:
Quick query - how can you disable showing games in Rage2x where you don't have their ROMS (ie shown in red) - it would be nice to be able not to show them?
Press select to get to the global config, then scroll down to "See Complete List". Clicking that gives you various choices such as seeing only those roms you have etc.

Wtf. Well, I must have been doing something wrong, because now it responds just fine to the volume adjustments.

I feel stupid. <_<

Oh well. It works now! *plays metal slug*

Thanks for caring. :D

paul4now38 posted on Aug 30 2006 at 09:43 AM said:
Epicenter posted on Aug 30 2006 at 12:01 PM said:

Can some one tell me how to set this up please, I am not sure :unsure:

Use Rage2X, or use my FAQ largely written right below this text...

I haven't checked out this version yet, but I'm pretty sure it's the same corewise.... =D

Back