Gngeo2x 0.7 Beta 11

Hi,

Does anybody has problem to launch large roms after NoTaz sdhc patch for F100?

Thx

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

Arrrg,

please help, it's making me crazy.

When i launch Garou (for exemple)

this is what i have (by telnet of course):

SDL_GP2X: SYS_JoystickName(0)
joy GP2X_JOYSTICK, axe:0, button:19
Using mmuhack.o
Reset 940 1
Pause 940 1
CODE940 uploded [06 00 00 EA]
Shared data reset...
Shared data reseted
Clear interrupt
Reset 940 0
Pause 940 0
Open mixer
Z80 code: 01800000
SOUND1 code: 00100000
SOUND2 code: 00100000
Allocating 00c00000 for gfx cache (768 16384 slot)
Init all neoThe YM2610 have been initialized
Vol=4343
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

Please help.

I don't understand what i'm doing wrong, i made a lot of gfx or gzx files before and everything worked,
and now everything is going wrong.

Bye

Hi,

Ok so i have more clues about my problem,

So it seems the SDHC is not the problem nor even the Notaz firmware as i have the same problem after a 2.00 downgrade.

So i put back the 2.1.2 by Notaz.

and i tried different romsets (the bigones, as all romset that did not needs cache files has no probs).

So it seems only Uncdrypted roms works for me, as garoup worked, S1945p but uncrypted only, i'll try others today

One ohter strange things all this roms only with the unibos 2.0, if i use Console or Arcade it crash the emu.
Not sure but it's the same thing f i use firmware above 2.3.

That's making me crazy as I'm sure that i already used crypted roms before, with arcade bios!!!

Please help.

Bye

jbrodack said:
any chance of any update that supports rasters? been wanting to play neo turf masters and the soccer games properly. great emulator thats the only thing I can think of that needs to be fixed.

You could play some of them in FBA2X; so you could try that while waiting for an update. :)

They seem to be pretty playable in FBA2X even with the raster effects. :p

hercule18 said:
Hi,

Ok so i have more clues about my problem,

So it seems the SDHC is not the problem nor even the Notaz firmware as i have the same problem after a 2.00 downgrade.

So i put back the 2.1.2 by Notaz.

and i tried different romsets (the bigones, as all romset that did not needs cache files has no probs).

So it seems only Uncdrypted roms works for me, as garoup worked, S1945p but uncrypted only, i'll try others today

One ohter strange things all this roms only with the unibos 2.0, if i use Console or Arcade it crash the emu.
Not sure but it's the same thing f i use firmware above 2.3.

That's making me crazy as I'm sure that i already used crypted roms before, with arcade bios!!!

Please help.

Bye

As I remember, GnGeo2x cannot decrypt the ROM files. So you have to have the decrypted ones beforehand in order to play them. You could either decrypt them yourself using decryption tools, or you could just look for them, but the easiest solution would be to just download the ROMs with dumps that are already formatted for GnGeo2x. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

May be you are right, but i'm quite sure that i already have used Crypted rom.

And at all it's not my only problem, at this time i don't know why but only the unibios 2.0

works for me!!

At least thx for your help.

Bye

Does anyone know how to (or is it possible to) enter the 'dip switches' menu ; where you can set games to home mode ; change difficulty , round times etc ?

I know it is documented as 'left shoulder button' ; but nothing happens when I press it. I'm using unibios by the way

Alghazanth said:
Does anyone know how to (or is it possible to) enter the 'dip switches' menu ; where you can set games to home mode ; change difficulty , round times etc ?

I know it is documented as 'left shoulder button' ; but nothing happens when I press it. I'm using unibios by the way
in game: START+A+X+B
On rom start: A+X+B

Yod4z said:
Alghazanth said:

in game: START+A+X+B
On rom start: A+X+B

Thanks a lot for the help !

Seems like I'm always late to the party. :lol:

This emu runs wonderfully, and sound effects work fine, but there is no background music at all! I have a F200. I can't figure out what the problem is!! :blink:

'Knoxximus' said:

This emu runs wonderfully, and sound effects work fine, but there is no background music at all! I have a F200. I can't figure out what the problem is!! :blink:
Do you use Rage2X? It's the front-end that comes with GnGeo2x.

If so, go to the settings (press Select in the ROM selection screen); activate sound, then save all settings. Also, it's recommended to turn on 'Auto Reload GUI' and 'Craigx's RAM Timing'. ;)

EDIT: Oops... it seems you already have sound effects. What game did you try?

'Manjuu' said:
'Knoxximus' said:

Do you use Rage2X? It's the front-end that comes with GnGeo2x.

If so, go to the settings (press Select in the ROM selection screen); activate sound, then save all settings. Also, it's recommended to turn on 'Auto Reload GUI' and 'Craigx's RAM Timing'. ;)

Thanks for the reply! I've already done those things though. :(

Is there anything else I can try? Oh and some games, like Metal Slug have NO sound at ALL.

'Knoxximus' said:
[...]

Is there anything else I can try? Oh and some games, like Metal Slug have NO sound at ALL.
I didn't read your post correctly. :(

What other games have you tried?

'Manjuu' said:
'Knoxximus' said:
[...]

I didn't read your post correctly. :(

What other games have you tried?

Baseball Stars Professional - some sound effects, no music

Magical Drop 3 - some sound effects, no music

Money Puzzle Exchanger - same as above.

This really sucks.

'Knoxximus' said:
[...]

This really sucks.
Could you try Money Puzzle Exchanger (miexchng.zip) in FBA2X. If there is sound and music there, then we can rule out that the ROM has a problem.

If you don't have FBA2X, you can get it here:
CODE
http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,73,2441

'Manjuu' said:
'Knoxximus' said:
[...]

This really sucks.
Could you try Money Puzzle Exchanger (miexchng.zip) in FBA2X. If there is sound and music there, then we can rule out that the ROM has a problem.

If you don't have FBA2X, you can get it here:
CODE
http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,73,2441

Also I'm running Open2x. FBA looks like it loads MPE and Baseball Stars okay, but then it just hangs.

EDIT: Okay, in compat mode, I get all the sounds. It's a little staticy, but I'll take it!

[...]

Also I'm running Open2x. FBA looks like it loads MPE and Baseball Stars okay, but then it just hangs.

EDIT: Okay, in compat mode, I get all the sounds. It's a little staticy, but I'll take it!

That's odd. I'm also running Open2X (DR7) in my F-200 mkI, but I don't need to use compat mode at all. :huh:

EDIT 1: Also, that same exact miexchng.zip should work in FBA2X (v7.3). Could both of these issues be firmware related, I wonder. :unsure:

EDIT 2: I just realized why it might be failing to load in FBA2X; you might be missing the necessary BIOS set to play NeoGeo games.

Back