Gngeo2x 0.6.9 *update*

i tried the front end and its pretty good but its kinda annoying how you have to scroll down all the way to get to certain games and there is no way to scroll faster, plus it didnt notice my sonic wings2 rom :p. so for now im happy with selector but im am positive in the future i will be using this frontend :)

Ando posted on Feb 21 2006 at 01:43 AM said:
i tried the front end and its pretty good but its kinda annoying how you have to scroll down all the way to get to certain games and there is no way to scroll faster, plus it didnt notice my sonic wings2 rom :p. so for now im happy with selector but im am positive in the future i will be using this frontend  :)

In a future release, probably not the next, rage2x will do what most other emulator front-ends do and give you the option to display only those titles that are found on your SD card at start-up.

JyCet said he is working to make the scrolling faster in the next release to compensate for having to scroll through the games list in its current format. You will also be able to set your over clocking options in the front-end as well, doing away with the need for any special launch scripts.

Re sonic wings 2 there is a file packaged with the front-end called list.dat. Open it with programmer’s notepad and you will see it lists all the games that appear on the rage2x front-end. You can edit this to meet your needs.

If your sonic wings 2 rom is not recognised just check make sure the name in list.dat matches that of your sonic wings 2.zip if it doesn't just change the entry in the .dat file.

I.e. original the original entry is AERO_FIGHTERS_2 sonicwi2

If your rom.zip is called sonicwi2 then you will see AERO FIGHTERS 2 in green on the games list.

You can change the list.dat to SONIC_WINGS_2 sonicwi2 and the game will be listed as SONIC WINGS 2 in green on the games list.

If it is listed as red as either AERO FIGHTERS 2 or SONIC WINGS 2 just change the sonicwi2 to match the name of your rom.zip minus the .zip part.

:)

Edit: rage2x with a link to antidark's front-end package has been added to the wiki, so my previous edit is no longer relevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for my stupid error in front end rage2x.

Bueno despues de investigar un poquito ya se porque se cuelga al menos con mi pack... bueno es sencillo.

El emulador necesita por narices el archivo :

gngeo2x.gpe

Si no tiene ese archivo no sale... pero que pasa si renombramos el frontend ragex2 a eso .

Pues que cada vez que sales vuelves al menu y asi puedes probar y probar roms sin apagar.

Bueno pues he vuelto a subir el pack porque fui tonto y no lo probe a fondo, espero que esta vez ya no os de problemas. Para salir del emulador y el frontend da al start.

El pack esta listo para funcionar.

Lo he vuelto a subir a mi web de mugen .

Venga lamento de verdad el error y espero que os guste ahora mas.

http://eternal.mgbr.net/frontend_gngeo.zip

JC

Translate google.

Good after investigating just a little bit already because pack is hung at least with good my... he is simple.

The emulator needs by noses the file: gngeo2x.gpe If it does not have that file does not leave... but that passes if frontend rename ragex2 to that.
Since whenever salts you return to menu and asi you can prove and prove roms without extinguishing.

Good because I have returned to raise pack because I was idiot and not it probe thoroughly, I no longer hope that this time you of problems. In order to leave the emulator and frontend it gives start. Pack this ready one to work. . The error really comes moan and hopes that you like now but.

New pack , thanks NeoStuey for the bug. Frontend of rage2x.

RAGE2X frontend by JYCET
for GNGEO2X by PEPONE
Previews = JC

JC

antidark posted on Feb 22 2006 at 04:18 PM said:
The emulator needs by noses the file: gngeo2x.gpe If it does not have that file does not leave... but that passes if frontend rename ragex2 to that.
Since whenever salts you return to menu and asi you can prove and prove roms without extinguishing.

JC

Thanks to antidark, I've found out that if you save the launch script as gngeo2x.gpe when you exit the game you go back to the rage2x menu instead of the GP2X menu.

Earlier posts amended accordingly.

:)

antidark posted on Feb 22 2006 at 11:18 AM said:
Bueno despues de investigar un poquito ya se porque se cuelga al menos con mi pack... bueno es sencillo.

El emulador necesita por narices el archivo :

gngeo2x.gpe

Si no tiene ese archivo no sale... pero que pasa si renombramos el frontend ragex2 a eso .

Pues que cada vez que sales vuelves al menu y asi puedes probar y probar roms sin apagar.

Bueno pues he vuelto a subir el pack porque fui tonto y no lo probe a fondo, espero que esta vez ya no os de problemas. Para salir del emulador y el frontend da al start.

El pack esta listo para funcionar.

Lo he vuelto a subir a mi web de mugen .

Venga lamento de verdad el error y espero que os guste ahora mas.

JC

Amateur Competent Translater's translation:

Well after a little bit of investigation, I figured out why it hung with my pack... it was simple(ly fixed)

This emulator to launch needs from the archive:

gngeo2x.gpe

If you do not have this archive/file, it does not work... but what you should do is rename rage2x to this.

Therefore if you do this you can try roms over and over without closing.

So, I have returned and uploaded the pack (program) because I was an idiot and did not test it fully, so now there should be no problems, to exit and for the frontend to start.

The pack is ready to function.

I uploaded it to my website, mugen.

I'm sorry about the error, and I hope you enjoy it (the new version)

What was wrong before was the antidark left the selector files in his original front-end package. This caused problems when exiting a game as the system could hang on either a black or white screen.

I suggested he remove these files to sort out that problem as I had already stubbled across this hurdle when rage2x first got released.

He has pointed out that if the launcher script used to execute rage2x is named gngeo2x.gpe instead of rage2x.gpe you will return the rage2x menu instead of exiting right out to the gp2x menu.

Handy if you wanted to select another game.

:D

gp2x-cramfs-0.0.4 users

If like me you have installed gp2x-cramfs-0.0.4 the first thing you will notice after the vastly improved boot time is that rage2x no longer works.

So like me you will have gone back to the file selector.

You also know the need of a script to launch GnGeo2X with overclocking under firmware 1.4.

One thing that was commented on was that using FPLL mode would mess up the GP2X menu on exiting the emulator so I've done some testing of different scripts.

Launching the selector with this code enables UPLL mode but results in a washed out background image in the selector screen but returns me to a stable GP2X menu screen.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 2 266
./selector ./gngeo2x_config
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Launching the selector with this code enables FPLL mode and results in a properly contrasted background image in the selector screen but returns me to a shimmering mess of a GP2X menu screen.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 0 2 266
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Now I have found I can achieve the best of both worlds with the following script.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 0 2 266
sync
/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 2 066
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

It sets up the selector in FPLL mode @ 266 MHz and then on exiting the selector it sets UPLL mode and drops the CPU speed to 66 MHz matching the current GP2X defaults.

Of course this information is only really relevant until rage2x gets fixed to work under gp2x-cramfs-0.0.4 users but until then I hope you will have found this information helpful.

New Rage2X Beta 4 released

It works under gp2x-cramfs-0.0.4 and has been released here.

It doesn't yet support in built overclocking or return to GUI. But this can be done by running a launch script.

For anyone who wants to be able to overclock and return to the GUI running rage2x beta 4 and gngeo 0.6.9. make a script like this and put it in the gngeo folder.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 2 266
./rage2x
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Call it gngeo2x.gpe.

Remove the .gpe extension from rage2x to avoid accidental selection.

When you launch rage2x using the gngeo2x.gpe it will be running @ 266Mhz, and when you press Stick Button and R to exit a game you will be returned to the GnGeo2x front-end instead of the GP2X main menu. :)

A new version is here!

http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gngeo2x_0.6.10.zip
http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gngeo-0.6.10.tar.gz

So what's new?
Gngeo can now dump the GFX directly from the GP2X. You just have to launch a game that is too big to fit in memory and follow the instruction. Be patient because dumping is a slow process. Also, some game are not dumpable for now, but it should be only old dumps. Newer mame one should work.

An option to overclock the gp2x (--cpu_speed=xxx) has been added. It's not quite exstensivly tested, but it seems to work.

For more information, you can check the file news.txt

Thanks to all the people who help me for this version :D

PS: With the help of Flubba, I've made some progress in the DrZ80 addition in gngeo. But for now it's still too unstable so I didn't include it.

:D :lol: :D

Where's the stuttering gone in Metal Slug :blink:, it was still present in the beta version I tested for you, but now it is super smooth. :D

Oh yeah and this is in the readme.

Code:
. GP2X: Sound is now complete in garou, 
  last blade 2 etc.

How did you manage this, I thought there was a physical limitation to getting sound of these big roms?

Talk about surprises.

This is exceptional work pepone!!!!

Again, Thank-You. :D

very nice new pepone !
now everybody can use the 2 news options with rage2x beta4 :D
(no script needed now :))

I've added unibios option for beta5 :)

JYCET

NeoStuey posted on Feb 25 2006 at 07:27 PM said:
:D :lol: :D

Where's the stuttering gone in Metal Slug :blink:, it was still present in the beta version I tested for you, but now it is super smooth. :D
I see that too. I have made some bug fix here and there, but not sure which one fix that...

Oh yeah and this is in the readme.

Code:
. GP2X: Sound is now complete in garou, 
  last blade 2 etc.

How did you manage this, I thought there was a physical limitation to getting sound of these big roms?

Talk about surprises.

This is exceptional work pepone!!!!

Again, Thank-You. :D
Well, actualy it was a little mistake in my code :lol:
But if there is a game with more than 16Mo of sound, then it will not work.

JyCet posted on Feb 25 2006 at 06:29 PM said:
very nice new pepone !
now everybody can use the 2 news options with rage2x beta4 :D
(no script needed now :))

I've added unibios option for beta5 :)

JYCET

Yes it works great with rage2x a perfect combination. :D

I still use a launch script as I like to get my LCD set-up just so. :p Actually I have a temperamental GP2X and my LCD seems to like slightly different timing to most other peoples.

pepone posted on Feb 25 2006 at 06:33 PM said:
I see that too. I have made some bug fix here and there, but not sure which one fix that...

Nice to see I wasn't the only one suprised by that. :)

I just finished metal slug 3. Full speed. Full sound. 266mhz.

Oh pepone you've made me that happiest girl in the world!

Also my right thumb is fucking killing me.

kgcs10 posted on Feb 25 2006 at 07:57 PM said:
Does the rage2x work with the 15-second boot firmware?

rage2x beta 4 works fine with the quick boot firmware.

pepone posted on Feb 25 2006 at 05:40 PM said:
A new version is here!

http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gngeo2x_0.6.10.zip
http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/gngeo-0.6.10.tar.gz

So what's new?
Gngeo can now dump the GFX directly from the GP2X. You just have to launch a game that is too big to fit in memory and follow the instruction. Be patient because dumping is a slow process. Also, some game are not dumpable for now, but it should be only old dumps. Newer mame one should work.

An option to overclock the gp2x (--cpu_speed=xxx) has been added. It's not quite exstensivly tested, but it seems to work.

For more information, you can check the file news.txt

Thanks to all the people who help me for this version :D

PS: With the help of Flubba, I've made some progress in the DrZ80 addition in gngeo. But for now it's still too unstable so I didn't include it.

Great,Great Release!!

Thank you so much for it!!

bye

Herc. :ph34r:

Back